Used 3DS question

CatCloud

So my sis bought a used 3DS.
The 3DS has some pre-installed games, however the old owners NNID is still on it.

I kinda want to format and delete that NNID and put hers on it for obvious reasons HOWEVER i dont know if the games will go away too.
I keep seeing mixed responses like "the game are tied to the 3DS" or "its tied to the NNID" ...pretty conflicting

So how does it work exactly`?

Not an expert on Nintendo or the 3DS but I'd assume the games are linked to whatever account is there.  Similar to an Xbox or Playstation account where you can only play the downloaded games if the account is logged in on that console.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

18 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Not an expert on Nintendo or the 3DS but I'd assume the games are linked to whatever account is there.  Similar to an Xbox or Playstation account where you can only play the downloaded games if the account is logged in on that console.

I called the local Nintendo HQ today, yeah thats how it works if you use a download code. but there are cases where the game is locked to a 3DS as well, but thats how there old system worked AFAIK. Anyways, back to calling Nintendo HQ and se if they can merge two NNID or something.
Thanks anyways!