Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter

iirc it was mentioned somewhere else that they would have to convert it into actual money, which you could do too 

Still if they start to accept crypto directly they will get additional funds from people like me who no longer wish to use traditional money transfer methods. I will do my best to never use personal bank accounts, credit cards, paypal etc. again and so far it proves to be possible

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it

- Frederic Bastiat 1850

Is the intel enthusiest club coming to the uk because it is us and canada only at the moment?

Hi @LinusTech (and @Slick ofcourse - I hope this is how tagging works :-)  ),

Did you know that there are websites selling LinusTechTips T-shirts, other then Districtlines?

http://www.cafepress.com/linustechtips
http://www.giftsforageek.com/marketplace-section/LinusTechTips/0

Just wanted to let you know, since they are essentially making money off of your name...

Greetings from Belgium,

Stef

is there a link for dollar shave club tried typing it and got a 404

for australia atleast 

Just ordered my new Corsair K70, MM400 and a 32GB USB 3.0 stick for about 200€ via the "amazon.de" link. Hope you get some out of that :)

Intel Core i7 3770K delidded @ 4,5Ghz | Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12s | EVGA Geforce GTX 770 2GB @ 1,2Ghz | MSI Big Bang MPower Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 | Windows 10 Professional 64 bit | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB Samsung | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X Series 850WLogitech MX Master | Corsair MM400 | Corsair Vengeance K70 | beyerdynamic MMX 300 Manufaktur | Asus PB278Q 27" 1440p | Corsair Obsidian 550D

so do we just click the link for amazon, add stuff to the cart, buy them and you get money???

Tried using the uk amazon link but it links to amazon.com, actually all of them do, is it just me or are the links broken?

Tried using the uk amazon link but it links to amazon.com, actually all of them do, is it just me or are the links broken?

It looks like all the amazon links are to the US version actually. @LinusTech

HTTP/2 203

Found out you can use the amazon links with any country. For example..

Take for example the US link: http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips

Take away the http://www.amazon.com and replace it with whatever your country's amazon link is. So for Australia it would be like this...

http://www.amazon.com.au/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips

Hope I helped,

Ben

If I add a bookmark in chrome using the amazon link does Linus still make money from me using it within the 24 hours? Or do I have to navigate to the forum and click through that link. So confused haha.

Any reason why all the Amazon affiliate links now refer only to Amazon.com (US)? Tried to use the one for France earlier but noticed it didn't work properly. All the Amazon links now refer to the US site only.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

The UK link refers to the amazon.com

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

The UK link refers to the amazon.com

The forum also seems to break all of the Amazon links I post replacing them with US once that are affiliate ( I posted UK links for someone and it automatically swaps them)

Can you fix that there is no ending bracket after the Amazon in the table of contents? #OCD

The forum also seems to break all of the Amazon links I post replacing them with US once that are affiliate ( I posted UK links for someone and it automatically swaps them)

I just noticed that as the page is loading the links still work correctly. Its only once the page finishes loading the links all refer to amazon.com

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

UK link is directing to US site :o does it still give a kickback if you simply change the '.com' to '.co.uk' - the page still works at least

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

so no canadian amazon Kickbacks?

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

The amazon links are, as far as I know:

www.amazon.de/?tag=linustechti02-21www.amazon.com/?tag=linustechtips20www.amazon.co.uk/?tag=linustechtips-21www.amazon.fr/?tag=linustechti08-21www.amazon.ca/?tag=linustechti06-20www.amazon.it/?tag=linustechti0b-21

These are based off the list that I made of all the affiliate codes (into a firefox extension so they get automatically added), but I think they should work. If there are any sites that are amazon.co.x rather that amazon.x, tell me because I don't have that written down.

HTTP/2 203

is there a way to know know if your amazon is being used when checking out?

Aselwyn1

I'm really wanna buy those T-shirts ... all of them one for all ... holy balls , brofist , Wan stealh even the new up come one in a few day ... BUT when i saw that the shipping cost is exacly the same with one T-shirt (germany) ... daaaam u guys ... yes we cant have ur prices on everything about tech (eu much more expensive) ... is very hard to take participation in many giveaways ... but is daaamn T-shirts ... 20$/T-shirt + 19$ shipping ... We wanna help u ... Just find a way to help us ...