Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter

https://youtu.be/44JqNJq-PC0

the Bitly shortlink goes to the wrong site! Might want to fix that lol

• 1 month later...

hey any one remember the waterproof casual shoes in one of the video? was actually thinking it recently but cant find it anywhere

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 7:06 PM, sinspiren said:

hey any one remember the waterproof casual shoes in one of the video? was actually thinking it recently but cant find it anywhere

I was looking for the same, and remembered a recent wan show with it, here's the link to the wan sponsor spot and I see the link in the youtube description!

https://youtu.be/P5atYpVtpfA?t=2486

Rainy season starting where I live so I wanted to try them out.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this is the place to put this, but what is up with the iFixit Pro Toolkit promotion on this video? Linus says it's 59.99 when you go to "ifixit.com/linus", and there's a link in the description, but when I click the link (or manually enter the url in my browser) all I see is 69.99. Is this a region thing?

Edit: For the record, this is what I see.

Edited by Patriot1911
Added "proof"

6 minutes ago, Patriot1911 said:

I hope this is the place to put this, but what is up with the iFixit Pro Toolkit promotion on this video? Linus says it's 59.99 when you go to "ifixit.com/linus", and there's a link in the description, but when I click the link (or manually enter the url in my browser) all I see is 69.99. Is this a region thing?

Edit: For the record, this is what I see.

I get the same price. What video are you referring to for reference? Promotions are limited so that could be the issue.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 6/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, SansVarnic said:

I get the same price. What video are you referring to for reference? Promotions are limited so that could be the issue.

I tried to link to a video in my post, did I mess that up? It's specifically in the "Are hard drives dead? 8TB M.2 SSD" video, I tried it mere hours after the video was uploaded so I doubt it was a limited time promotion thing.

I'll try it again, it was this video specifically:

Edited by Patriot1911
Added video link

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to get an ifixit kit too, but I'm in Austria. Do the LTT affiliate links work for the EU store, @CPotter? Would be cool if they have any promos running. Been eyeing the Manta kit but it's quite pricey!

On 7/7/2020 at 6:00 AM, AkshayRao27 said:

I'm planning to get an ifixit kit too, but I'm in Austria. Do the LTT affiliate links work for the EU store, @CPotter? Would be cool if they have any promos running. Been eyeing the Manta kit but it's quite pricey!

The link does work for the EU store, thanks for asking. Apologies for the pricey pricing.

Do any affiliates or sponsors have any recent WiFi adapters that are Linux compatible? 

Edit

picture for attention

E9871918-D1F0-4BD7-8850-80AFD7B5760F.thumb.png.bb57c4c8ff733315be7ff7072fa2cfc2.png

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/13/2013 at 6:26 PM, LinusTech said:

reserved

why linus spam reserved

some chill gamer

setup:

core i7 9700f

16gb 2666mhz ram (dual channel)

512gb sandisk sata boot ssd i salvaged from my broken laptop (lenovo doesn't seem to have great quality ideapad laptops)

480gb sata ssd that came with my system

2tb hdd

msi geforce rtx 2060 super

asrock b365m ib-r mobo

logitech g513 rgb keyboard

logitech m720 triathlon wireless mouse

logitech g935 wireless rgb headset

fifine k669b usb mic

some old samsung 1080p60hz monitor (upgrading it soon)

some cheap "rgb" mousepad i got for christmas

and the most important part, real rgb inside the case

• 1 month later...

drive savers is a horrible company to have sponsor a video. it has been shown that if a phone has a broken screen they want 2k to get the data off, what should be a 200-400$ item

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've seen them do a spot with Savage Jerky and they're still listed as a sponsor. Remember when they would open up a bag every week on the WAN show?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

• 4 weeks later...

@CPotter just wanna let you know, Chrono stopped operating since 30th October, so you guys might wanna remove the link

On 10/18/2020 at 1:03 AM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Remember when they would open up a bag every week on the WAN show?

yess

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

• 1 month later...

This seems like the best place to put it so...

@LinusTech please tell merch guy to make a forum shirt. 

Just like a screenshot of like the top of the forum or something in dark mode. Cuz light mode sucks. 

Edit 

Nothing too abstract cuz a lot of your merch is. It'd be cool to have it really just look like the forum. 

26 minutes ago, fpo said:

Just like a screenshot of like the top of the forum or something in dark mode. Cuz light mode sucks. 

That is a bit to bland but the forum shirt is a good idea maybe a limited time one with the names of admins and mods hidden around I would yoink that.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

20 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

That is a bit to bland but the forum shirt is a good idea maybe a limited time one with the names of admins and mods hidden around I would yoink that.

I was thinking like the logo and then like the start of the forum text stylized to look like the forum. 

IE general discussion, off topic, so on. 

The logo, and the notification bell across the top. 

Idk if they could do any users or profile pictures cuz of ip laws. 

Same may go for a direct screenshot of the site. 

Do you guys still have a valid UNRAID affiliate? Planning to move my server to UNRAID from FreeNAS in couple of weeks sooo I'll need to buy a licenses 😛

• 1 month later...

You guys should make a post with all of the different in-video sponsors ever!

On 11/14/2013 at 7:56 AM, CPotter said:

YouTube Channels

Linus Tech Tips , Techquickie , TechLinked, ShortCircuitChannel Super Fun

Below are links to brand partners of ours, some offer the community a discount, and if you use some of the links below to purchase, we'll get a small kickback.

LINK: https://geni.us/lttsponsors

what sponsor was it that allowed screen extension between multiple devices even with different OS?

46 minutes ago, jaitra1264 said:

what sponsor was it that allowed screen extension between multiple devices even with different OS?

Synergy

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 11/14/2013 at 3:26 AM, CPotter said:

YouTube Channels

Linus Tech Tips , Techquickie , TechLinked, ShortCircuitChannel Super Fun

Below are links to brand partners of ours, some offer the community a discount, and if you use some of the links below to purchase, we'll get a small kickback.

LINK: https://geni.us/lttsponsors

Hi,

which sponsor was this crypto mining in browser thing, again? I forgot which video it was :)

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a good place to ask, so... I'm looking for the video that mentioned the LED Ambilight thing. I think it was a camera that hung over your TV which then controlled an LED strip behind your TV to create ambience lighting.

Does anyone have a link to that ad sponsor or know which LTT video it was mentioned in? 🤔

I want to talk about LTT sponsor and promotion in video , This is more a legal talk then other, Exactly LTT can be in trouble if someone complaint againt it , I know this happen in the past with Bell and videotron for they online video service and LTT should be more carefull with some ads , like the last one about Fubo.tv

First you sponsor should talk if the service is world wide without limitation , and say if some exemption exist , if is not world wide like  the case with fubo.tv ,they  should mention it to you. fubo.tv is only available in Canada,USA and Spain, also and be clear , never mention everywhere in when is limited ot country.

Bell canada got sued for showing someone watching a hockey game on their cellphone on the beach and saying everywhere. The reason was, the service is not available outside canada and is region locked by ip and gps.

I see multiple ads on LTT video where service is not available for everyone and never be mentionned before going on the website , which in Canada is illegal.

Don't forget that , youtube is a world wide video provider and not a USA dedicate provider which all youtuber should be more carefull because many law is applied on the same video!

Like for fubo , you should mention like this:
If you live in USA , Canada and SPain.

And when mention about watching:
You can watch everywhere in canada , spain and  usa

and at the end remention all three country!

Or like i remember the cell phone company you advertised one time , you also should mention is limited to USA only

Thanks to take it in consideration  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2013 at 1:32 PM, Giggitygoebbels said:

LOL.

Also if we are in other countries can we help?Like registering our product we bought(if it is the brand of the company that sponsor) onto a website and say it is because Linus advertised it and we got interested.Coz I am not capable of donating any $$$ at all.

You can help out by using one of the Channel Affiliates

My system: Umart G1 PCIntel Core i3-10100F | 16GB DDR4 RAM

250 GB Crucial MX SSD (OS and Programs)

2TB Seagate Desktop Hard Drive (Documents and VMs)