Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter
6 minutes ago, Phenix51 said:

what's the name/brand of those backpacks they were advertising a while back?

Mos blackpack

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

The Dollar Shave Club link in the OP says Canada is included, but it only redirects to the US site. Are we on our own in Canada?

PIA is not offering any discount. Any update?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know If iFixIt will offer discounts on their Europe store?

I clicked the link in the last video to buy the Taotronics headphones with the LINUS046 discount and it took me to Amazon.es (once I live in Portugal) but at the checkout the promo code wasn't valid. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2013 at 9:26 PM, CPotter said:

*snip*

There was a video where you featured a document scanner ,which i wanted to know couldn't find which video had the sposnor inside ,would be glad to know who was the sponsor for that video.

Edited by wkdpaul

What are those little wallets they are sponsoring? I think I want to try one 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

On 8/1/2019 at 1:52 AM, RoseLuck462 said:

What are those little wallets they are sponsoring? I think I want to try one 

Ridge Wallets, they're pretty cool once you get over the learning curve of using one regularly.

Hi, Here in the netherlands, amazon isnt really a thing yet (luckily), so is there a possibility to add affiliate links to one of some major dutch warehouses, like

-Coolblue (also belgium, ceo started this webshop as student) coolblue.nl/en (https://www.coolblue.nl/en/affiliate)

-Bol.com (also belgium, owner is Ahold) bol.com (https://www.bol.com/nl/m/affiliate-marketing/?promo=footer_affiliatemarketing)

it would be nice to be able to support you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2013 at 9:26 PM, CPotter said:

Floatplane link is wrong/dead.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just signed up for PIA after facing frequent connection issues with NordVPN. I didn't get any discount at PIA, but signed up for a 1 year plan to evaluate it and then decide on it. I have been given a 30$ upgrade to a 2-year subscription, but let's see! ? 

I wish the list of sponsors was setup in a grid that gave a brief description or list of services that each sponsor provided. I know what most of them do but not all of them. I would like to support the Linus team by giving the sponsors the first shot at my business. However, I don't want to click on each one to check which services they provide. I wish there was a list of attributes, keywords, services, or other way to search the list of sponsors that meet my needs. 

• 1 month later...

Does iFixit offer student discounts? My friend owns the essentials toolkit and swears by you them; he helped me repair my Macbook last week, saving me quite some money, and I wanted to apply that towards getting him a gift for his upcoming birthday next week. I wanted to upgrade his toolkit to the Manta Kit and get him some swag alongside it (t-shirts, pins, posters). I was wondering whether I would be eligible for a student discounts/promos to that I can apply towards that end? I tried the LTT link, but I think the discounts associated with it are long gone :( I emailed iFixit about this, and they told me they unfortunately had no running promos from their end; I tried Honey- and it wasn't pulling anything either. Does anyone know of any coupons I could apply?

PC in Profile

Anyone know the sponsor (and link) for the Desktop/Laptop imaging software for Enterprise?

Never mind, the application/sponsor is called SmartDeploy.

Link is : http://lmg.gg/smartdeploytw

• 4 weeks later...

I really don't know where else to put this so here works I guess.

I'm not sure how well I would recommend the sponsor Privacy right now. While they have 2FA and need 2FA to log into the website you can disable 2FA without entering a 2FA code or a recovery code that most other companies provide. You are also free to make any account changes after loging in that first time.

On 7/30/2019 at 9:59 AM, daisnaut said:

There was a video where you featured a document scanner ,which i wanted to know couldn't find which video had the sposnor inside ,would be glad to know who was the sponsor for that video.

Missing Ruggable, I guess

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What happened with Synergy? Did they just stop paying for the sponsorship spot, or did more issues arise/not get fixed with the platform?

Thanks to Honey, as I today saved £48.40 on 4 new tyres for my car.

Add that to the $100,000+ that Honey has saved LTT viewers. Perhaps ask Honey for a update on how much LTT viewers have actually saved to date? Thats if Honey will let you know post PayPal takeover.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

Hey @CPotter @LinusTech, I am a little disappointed. I was looking for a VPN. Since I am a big fan of LTT I wanted to support you guys so I headed directly to your affiliates-site and clicked on the PIA link and ordered the 6 Month plan. Now, 1 day later, I noticed that the pricing is much cheaper if you visit their site without your link. Why is that? ?

Left is direct, right is LTT link. I basically wasted a half year worth of VPN. I know that this probably isn't your fault, but you might want to tell your audience that it's cheaper if you go there without your link. 

Edit: Just a heads up, I contacted PIA about this and they gave me a new account for a cheaper price. 

ltt_pia.PNG

Intel Core i7 7700k | Asus GTX 1080 ti Strix | Asus ROG Strix Z270F | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 | 650W EVGA Supernova Plat | Corsair Crystal 460X | 4TB WD-B

Acer Predator X34P | Acer CB241HY | Logitech G513 | Logitech G903 & Powerplay | MMX300 Headpohnes | FiiO DAC-E10 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

My System on imgur

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@CPotter, is that list up to date? I saw promotion for Backblaze on recent WAN, but thats not listed there. Yes, I can go and watch WAN again to hear what the actual deal was.

Also, do those links ingest discount codes or do you just get money for clicking the links?

E: So the Backblaze sponsorship is sad. I mean good for you, but really. I mean really. You get same 15-day trial from them as you would without "promotion". You've had these "deals" before too. Now, I don't mind you still having sponsorship in a way that you direct people to them and get money back from that. That part is fine. What I do mind is marketing/advertising partition. Linus says in WAN Show:

Get fully featured 15-day free trial by

How its supposed to be said:

You can get 15-day fully featured free trial before buying anything. Let them know we sent you by using

Or something along those lines as WAN affiliation is not the cause for trial.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@CPotter, are most of the links american or are there some secret alternates for your Canadian friends? Specifically iFixit? or maybe somewhere in the Lower Mainland  that it could be found for a good deal?