Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter

Is there an affiliate code for Dollar Shave Club (Canada)?

I love the "I'd mount that" and "Holy Balls" xD Think I'll do a bit of shopping during the week :) Also that's really cool how buying a humble bundle can contribute to Linustechtips.

@LinusTech Do you sell that hoodie that says sleep is for pussies I've seen you wear in a couple of the videos? I REALLY want one!

OS: LFS, Arch, Gentoo | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F | RAM: 16GB HyperX @ 3600MHz (OC)

GPU: XFX Thicc III Ultra RX 5700 XT | Case: Fractal Meshify C | Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe, 500GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD, 1TB HDD

PSU: BeQuiet 530W | Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer 240

I really wish CableMods had an option for me to just buy the connectors for my PSU cables (EVGA Supernova 1000w P2).

I hate to have to order a set just so I can make my own custom set (Cablemods doesn't have the sleeving I am looking to use). Oh well. At least their kits work, unlike the actual cables that came with the PSU itself (weird, I know)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On latest video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4-fq8ksZls

there is a link on tunnel bear :

"Try Tunnelbear for free at https://www.tunnelbear.com/LTT and save 10%"

who sent you at https://www.tunnelbear.com/b/linus/?utm_source=Podcast_LTT&utm_medium=youtube&utm_campaign=linus-media

Pricing on public tunnel bear page is '$59.88 for 12 months'

Pricing on /LTT page is '$59.88 Billed Annually' for 'Personal' option.

Seems 10 virtual percent to me.

In table of contents, the squarespace promo code is "LTT", yet in the post for squarespace it says it is "LINUS".

So, which is it? @nicklmg

Thanks. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Surprised AMD isnt a sponsor. 

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to use the code(LTT20) for Cablemod. But doesn't work. Not on the global store or EU store. Cablemod told me the code can't be used for the EU store.  That is really annoying. Will there ever be a code that could be used for EU stores as well?

On 11.8.2017 at 0:45 PM, Mezzezo said:

I wanted to use the code(LTT20) for Cablemod. But doesn't work. Not on the global store or EU store. Cablemod told me the code can't be used for the EU store.  That is really annoying. Will there ever be a code that could be used for EU stores as well?

^This. I also need Cablemod cables for my build and would be super sweet with an EU code..

is this possible @nickmlg? :D

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

• 1 month later...

Guys PLEASE stop supporting Synergy!

I've been a supporter of the, from day one, before they were synergy, and lately they've dropped the ball badly.

The app hasn't worked in macOS for the last 3 months and I've been arguing back and forth with them hoping to get a solution, even the latest release hasn't worked and keeps crashing yet they refuse to fix the bugs causing the problems with the app.

It's quite unfair that LTT supports a company that refuses to fix their product.

@LinusTech

11 hours ago, Iceprincess said:

I've been arguing back and forth with them 

see there's your problem talk nicely to other humans, describe the issues thoroughly in detail, and wait, patches arent instant

Allow me to rephrase:

I've been requesting for the last THREE months to have a fix on the macOS version of Synergy, which has NOT worked since the recent macOS updates. Despite that I've been trying to give them crash logs and other useful information so they can fix it, they have not issued any fix in the last 3 months ever since the bug has been reported, and I'm not the only one dealing with this mess.

If you go to their forums you'll see LOTS of macOS users complaining for the same thing, and considering I paid for the software using the LTT link, it's unacceptable that Synergy isn't issuing a hotfix or at least a statement indicating they'd fix the software somehow.

It's been a LONG time and they should've fixed it by now, don't you think?

See both edits at bottom. TLDR: They more than made up for it.

--------------------

So....dbrand...

Over the last couple of years, I have placed 3 orders with dbrand. You guys, and others, push them so much that I'm always hopeful they will get better. Their products are great, but their service is, well, not.

First order actually arrived in a timely manner and was good. Great.

Second order never arrived. This was before they started using tracking. After 2+ weeks they finally agreed to reship. Second shipment arrived more than a week later and was wrong. Not only was it completely missing items, but it had skins for devices I've never even owned and certainly did not order. Third shipment was, finally, right and was shipped with tracking and actually arrived...mere days before Christmas for my November order.

Third order, placed just over 2 weeks ago, arrived last Wednesday and was wrong. I ordered 2 back skins for my Pixel XL. I received only one and it wasn't either of the ones I'd ordered. I, again, contacted dbrand. In doing so, I asked them to change one of the skins in my order to a different pattern. I got a reply 2 days later saying they would reship with changes.

That shipment has not yet been sent and they haven't replied to a follow-up email I sent asking when it would be.

-----------------------------

Edit: Since posting this I have received both tracking information for the replacement shipment and a full refund for the order, which I never even requested.

Took them a little while longer than I'd have liked, but props to dbrand for making it right.

Edit 2: The replacement shipment arrived. Not only was it correct, but it was doubled. I received 2 of each skin rather than the one of each that I had ordered. That is in addition to the full refund and the initial, incorrect skin they sent which has been protecting my device in the meantime. They may have messed up initially, but went above and beyond to correct it. Their CS has improved significantly since my issues with them in late 2015.

Thanks dbrand for stepping up. I'll be looking to order a Grip bumper probably next week!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2013 at 12:29 AM, LinusTech said:

Will look into adding Amazon links for other regions. It never really occurred to me.

I do appreciate having this option to add to my lists in Amazon... just figured i'd mention that.

On a somewhat similar note... I also think it would be cool to have the option on your apparel of having a Print of 'Bro Fist' - for example - on the back of a  sweatshirt and 'LinusTechTips' on the front with either centered or just small over the chest area type design... Having something in the front and back of a shirt might cost more even, but I think that would be cool. If you had an option like that i'd spend the $50 np or more if it was possible! Or if you're willing to make me one like that i'll throw you the money! That would be even cooler xD

• 2 weeks later...

@LinusTech Hi Linus, big fan of you. Following since your very first unboxing videos. :-) I just have a small question: How much do I support you by using the Amazon Affiliate Link? I spend multiple 1000$ each year on Amazon, and just want to know how much % of each purchase you get. Thanks for all the content you create, I really enjoy watching! 

Intel Core i7 7700k | Asus GTX 1080 ti Strix | Asus ROG Strix Z270F | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 | 650W EVGA Supernova Plat | Corsair Crystal 460X | 4TB WD-B

Acer Predator X34P | Acer CB241HY | Logitech G513 | Logitech G903 & Powerplay | MMX300 Headpohnes | FiiO DAC-E10 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

My System on imgur

• 2 weeks later...

11/6/2017:  I'm  currently experiencing issues with Dollar Shave Club. It appears that they have moved or removed the link to cancel/pause a subscription. I thought by my box saying it was empty I wouldn't be shipped or charged for something. I was wrong. getting four more blades that I definitively don't need. I will edit this post when/if they respond to my account issues.

Update on 11/8/2017: Life has been crazy so I haven't had a chance to update this. The issue was resolved roughly 7 hours after I contacted them. Impressive response time for a company of that size in my opinion.

Edited by Rubymaster
Update as promised

On 10/27/2017 at 3:11 AM, Tronnic said:

@LinusTech Hi Linus, big fan of you. Following since your very first unboxing videos. :-) I just have a small question: How much do I support you by using the Amazon Affiliate Link? I spend multiple 1000$ each year on Amazon, and just want to know how much % of each purchase you get. Thanks for all the content you create, I really enjoy watching! 

You might check out Honest Answers Episode 2. I believe they cover that.

Will you guys bring back the Sleep is for Pussies merch?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

On 11/13/2013 at 9:26 PM, CPotter said:

Qb0NTUu.jpg

United States - Canada - United Kingdom -  Germany -  Spain -  France 

Amazon.com is the online super store. From computer components to mayo.

Amazon.com has an excellent affiliate program. If you live in any of the above countries and you want to buy something, click the link and shop away! Anything you buy during your shopping session will give Linus Tech Tips a commission!

I'm trying to figure out how everyone missed this.....

3 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Isn't telling people how to earn you commission what caused you to get in trouble with Amazon the first time? O.o

The problem was that Amazon caught them telling the audience to bookmark affiliate links. They're allowed to display them or give them but they can't tell people to bookmark them.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),