Apple Rumored To Consider Purchasing Disney

FirstArmada

Apple is just as massive in the consumer electronics business, and with $200 billion in cash laying around, Apple could really stir up the entire world with an acquisition of Disney. With the largest cash reserver for a private company in history, Apple would own the rights to IP like The Avengers, Toy Story, Star Wars, Frozen, and so many more with an acquisition of Disney. The rumor is coming from RGB analyst Steven Cahall, who said: "Bulls think it portends well for a swan song exit via a sale to a giant like AAPL", reports Business Insider. The site added that there is a "battle raging among content providers for your eyeballs", and they're completely right.

Source : http://www.tweaktown.com/news/56858/apple-rumored-consider-purchasing-disney/index.html

Alternative : http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/apple-seen-as-disney-buyer-by-wall-street-malone-2017-3-1001866926-1001866926

↓ Source Post (Tweak Town)  ↓

Spoiler

If there was ever a wild rumor for 2017, it would be that Apple is considering an acquisition of Disney - you know, the company that owns Marvel, LucasFilm, and Pixar - and is a giant on its own. Apple is just as massive in the consumer electronics business, and with $200 billion in cash laying around, Apple could really stir up the entire world with an acquisition of Disney. With the largest cash reserver for a private company in history, Apple would own the rights to IP like The Avengers, Toy Story, Star Wars, Frozen, and so many more with an acquisition of Disney. Now imagine all of that content having its parent company Apple, provide them with the rights to use their products like iPhones and Macs in their movies and TV shows - without the why-do-they-bother crappily made custom OS for a shot of a smartphone in a movie, or the fact that they're using an iPhone or Mac and they put tape over the logo. Imagine actual product placement, without it needing to be, and by a company as large as Apple - in movies as big as Iron Man, for example. The rumor is coming from RGB analyst Steven Cahall, who said: "Bulls think it portends well for a swan song exit via a sale to a giant like AAPL", reports Business Insider. The site added that there is a "battle raging among content providers for your eyeballs", and they're completely right. Mix in the exciting future of augmented, virtual, and mixed reality technologies - Apple could position itself amazingly well with an acquisition of Disney. With rumors of the iPhone X from the likes of Robert Scoble, and others - Apple's tease of a Disney acquisition is beyond exciting. If AR/VR/MR tech is the future, and I believe it is - in a bigger way than most people think, Apple could be making a deal that will be so big in 10-20 years it'll make our head spin... we just won't see it right away. Right now, BI said "we are living in a world where content is king", and if Apple owned a massive slice of that content pie... well. It could be the global leader in consumer products and entertainment, offering their Disney, Pixar, and LucasFilm-made movies on Apple's own services. It could potentially lock out massive film franchises from the likes of Pixar and Marvel from Google or Netflix, forcing people into the arms of a subscription with Apple on their devices or services. Do you think it'll happen? Would this deal make you switch over to an iPhone if your favorite movies or franchise were owned by Apple overnight?

↓ Alternative Post (Business Insider)  ↓

Spoiler

apple offshore cash

Apple's cash pile of more than $200 billion is a favorite topic of investors, bloggers, and traders. It might be the largest cash reserve for any private company in history. So what is Apple going to do with all that dough? One theory is that Apple will use its stockpile to buy Disney, according to RBC analyst Steven Cahall: "Bulls think it portends well for a swan song exit via a sale to a giant like AAPL," Cahall wrote in a note sent out to clients on Friday. After all, we are living in a world where "content is king." Currently, there is a battle raging among content providers for your eyeballs. Content providers, want you hooked and ready to consume more of your favorite content and all of the other licensed products that go along with it. When analysts and investors think of content, Disney is the first name that comes to mind. Disney's "Frozen" is the highest-grossing animated film of all time. Additionally, five of the 10 highest grossing films of 2016 were Disney movies: "Captain America: Civil War" was the highest grossing film of 2016 with 1.153 billion in revenue, also included were, "Finding Dory", "Zootopia", "The Jungle Book", and "Star Wars: Rogue One." RBC is not the only one speculating an Apple takeout of Disney is a possibility. In her fourth-quarter investor letter for 2016, Samantha Greenberg, founder of hedge fund Margate Capital, raised the same possibility, describing the company as a "logical acquisition target" for Apple: Apple has talked about the benefit Apple sees when it owns exclusive content, and owning Disney would reduce Apple’s exposure to product cycles, expanding AAPL's valuation multiple...It would also be an accretive use of Apple's cash and even more so if Apple's $200Bn of offshore cash can be repatriated favorably. Additionally, in November 2016, Liberty Media Chairman John Malone predicted that if Disney were to spin-off ESPN, Apple could buy it. "Fundamentally, Tim Cook is a global player, and fundamentally, ESPN is a domestic service," Malone said, that Apple and Disney would be a better fit without ESPN because then they would both be global players without domestic ESPN holding them back. This a story that won't be dying down anytime soon. Disney is up 7.75% so far this year, click here for a real-time DIS chart.

Screen Shot 2017 03 24 at 12.53.15 PM

1 minute ago, FirstArmada said:

Source : http://www.tweaktown.com/news/56858/apple-rumored-consider-purchasing-disney/index.html

↓ Whole Post  ↓

Reveal hidden contents

If there was ever a wild rumor for 2017, it would be that Apple is considering an acquisition of Disney - you know, the company that owns Marvel, LucasFilm, and Pixar - and is a giant on its own.     Apple is just as massive in the consumer electronics business, and with $200 billion in cash laying around, Apple could really stir up the entire world with an acquisition of Disney. With the largest cash reserver for a private company in history, Apple would own the rights to IP like The Avengers, Toy Story, Star Wars, Frozen, and so many more with an acquisition of Disney.   Now imagine all of that content having its parent company Apple, provide them with the rights to use their products like iPhones and Macs in their movies and TV shows - without the why-do-they-bother crappily made custom OS for a shot of a smartphone in a movie, or the fact that they're using an iPhone or Mac and they put tape over the logo. Imagine actual product placement, without it needing to be, and by a company as large as Apple - in movies as big as Iron Man, for example.   The rumor is coming from RGB analyst Steven Cahall, who said: "Bulls think it portends well for a swan song exit via a sale to a giant like AAPL", reports Business Insider. The site added that there is a "battle raging among content providers for your eyeballs", and they're completely right.   Mix in the exciting future of augmented, virtual, and mixed reality technologies - Apple could position itself amazingly well with an acquisition of Disney. With rumors of the iPhone X from the likes of Robert Scoble, and others - Apple's tease of a Disney acquisition is beyond exciting.   If AR/VR/MR tech is the future, and I believe it is - in a bigger way than most people think, Apple could be making a deal that will be so big in 10-20 years it'll make our head spin... we just won't see it right away. Right now, BI said "we are living in a world where content is king", and if Apple owned a massive slice of that content pie... well.   It could be the global leader in consumer products and entertainment, offering their Disney, Pixar, and LucasFilm-made movies on Apple's own services. It could potentially lock out massive film franchises from the likes of Pixar and Marvel from Google or Netflix, forcing people into the arms of a subscription with Apple on their devices or services.   Do you think it'll happen? Would this deal make you switch over to an iPhone if your favorite movies or franchise were owned by Apple overnight?

Please fix the text for dark theme

i like trains 🙂

"Rumored to consider"

So, its probably not gonna happen. At least I hope it doesnt

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Considering that Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars, they might as well print their own money. They don't need Apple. They might actually buy Apple in 10 years or so. 

Also TweakTown can sod off with their "watch 30 sec video" that you can't skip. It's like they haven't been already bad with their journalism in recent time. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

Please fix the text for dark theme

My apologies

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

"Rumored to consider"

So, its probably not gonna happen. At least I hope it doesnt

Ya never know, they could definitely afford to.

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Considering that Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars, they might as well print their own money. They don't need Apple. They might actually buy Apple in 10 years or so. 

Also TweakTown can sod off with their "watch 30 sec video" that you can't skip. It's like they haven't been already bad with their journalism in recent time. 

Added a alternative source as well.

7 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

The rumor is coming from RGB analyst Steven Cahall

For the love of god, isn't there anything safe from the RGB craze?

You know your source isn't reliable when it has lights that go on and off for no reason.

On one hand, I can see an electronics giant wanting a media giant (so they can push their fancy new hardware with the content, like Sony did in the 90s). And that Pixar was owned by Steve Jobs at some point.

On the other hand, I don't. Especially a company like Disney.

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

For the love of god, isn't there anything safe from the RGB craze?

'Member when people looked down on you if you paid extra for lighting? I 'member.

I know many people here have ill feelings toward Alienware for whatever reason, but they were basically the first ones to do RGB lighting on their systems, and people would constantly say "YOU'RE JUST PAYING MORE FOR A RAINBOW COLORED KEYBOARD WOW".

Now basically every PC gamer's wet dream is an RGB mechanical keyboard.

star wars episode 9 - when androids try to take over our walled fence

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Plus 20 Billion USD in debt.

Mmm.. that is not how it works. You don't cancel the debts the moment you buy a company, and they are already taken into account for share prices (you are buying the net worth of the company, not the gross assets).

It also worth noting that it takes much, much less than 100% of the shares to control a company.

That said, it's not really clear what the purpose of such a movement would be.

Yah, I can't see Disney selling themselves to Apple, or any other company for that matter.  I mean, why??  They already print money.  And anyone that bought Disney would want to shake things up.  I see no upside to Disney, nor any need for them to sell.

17 minutes ago, ChineseChef said:

Yah, I can't see Disney selling themselves to Apple, or any other company for that matter.  I mean, why??  They already print money.  And anyone that bought Disney would want to shake things up.  I see no upside to Disney, nor any need for them to sell.

But it's not up to Disney if Apple buy a majority share. It's up to Apple.

With their current cash, Apple could pay $30 billion OVER the market valuation for the entirety of Disney! And they would need 50% at most for control. They could almost buy 50% of Disney three times over! 

This sounds more like analyst daydreaming than a concrete rumor.  Apple doesn't have to buy Disney -- it already has a fairly cozy relationship when it comes to videos, and its current video originals mostly revolve around music anyway.  I suspect it'd rather do exclusive deals (say, a new Star Wars movie arrives on iTunes a week early) than engineer a takeover.

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

-snip-

Why is that? What horrible action could they possibly make .-.?

$_35.JPG (294×300) you mean this horrible thing in a smartphone and not a case?

Groomlake Authority

1 hour ago, Grinners said:

But it's not up to Disney if Apple buy a majority share. It's up to Apple.

With their current cash, Apple could pay $30 billion OVER the market valuation for the entirety of Disney! And they would need 50% at most for control. They could almost buy 50% of Disney three times over! 

Thats not how it works. It depends on the market the HQ is based at (see Sweden for exemple where you need to own 90% before becoming the owner) and who owns the voting shares (french-canadian Desmarais family owns like 5% of power corp and still has lots of executive power)

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

Next rumor AMD to buy Intel and Nvidia.

The board would need to agree to it, along with the biggest Shareholders.  Appears to be around 70% of shares are held by Insiders + Institutions, so a Hostile Takeover is, functionally, not possible.

Next, yes, Apple may have 200 Billion USD in "Cash", but there's issues about where that Cash is.  (You can Google up discussions about their Ireland holdings.)

This is some bored analysts being told to "sell the book" that someone above them has. 

I used to live in a town that was owned and operated by Disney, in Florida they actually have I believe three privatized cities of their own.  It seems more likely that Disney would be Apple to me, but if Apple bought Disney, maybe they'd have iPhone-Booths in the cities? 8D