1700x B350 Base Clock.

I'm trying to Overclock my new Ryzen chip, and I noticed the "Bus Speed" is set to 99.8 which is resulting in 3991.9 MHz chip speeds. or 3892.2 and so on. When I look through the Bios I don't see a way to change the bus speed anywhere, or the base clock(I assume this is the same thing?). Is this something that's locked to the x370 chipset? If I had known I would have gotten one of those >.< I really thought the only difference was the Lack of SLi/Crossfire support (which I don't care for or need) and a few fewer PCI-e lanes.

So does anyone else have this problem? Am I just missing a setting?

1700x on a MSI B350 MSI B350 TOMAHAWK, with Corsair 3000MHz LBX memory.

2017-03-25.png

5 minutes ago, Deusrex said:

I'm trying to Overclock my new Ryzen chip, and I noticed the "Bus Speed" is set to 99.8 which is resulting in 3991.9 MHz chip speeds. or 3892.2 and so on. When I look through the Bios I don't see a way to change the bus speed anywhere, or the base clock(I assume this is the same thing?). Is this something that's locked to the x370 chipset? If I had known I would have gotten one of those >.< I really thought the only difference was the Lack of SLi/Crossfire support (which I don't care for or need) and a few fewer PCI-e lanes.

So does anyone else have this problem? Am I just missing a setting?

1700x on a MSI B350 MSI B350 TOMAHAWK, with Corsair 3000MHz LBX memory.

2017-03-25.png

you cant change the bus speed as that messes with other things connected to your mobo including PCI! dont bother, give up and use Ryzens tool

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

5 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

you cant change the bus speed as that messes with other things connected to your mobo including PCI! dont bother, give up and use Ryzens tool

I'd be very surprised if there is no way to do it. I think jyaztwocents was in fact doing it, but in a different board.

In any case, OP: base clocks are never exact for soem reason, so 99.8 basically means you are running at the stock clock of 100MHz. Unless you prefer FSB overclock to multiplier overclock, it shouldn't be a problem.

Still, I'm intrigued about where the setting is :P  Sometimes you need to change a CPU OC setting from auto to manual for the base clock setting to show up. Could it be the case here?

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'd be very surprised if there is no way to do it. I think jyaztwocents was in fact doing it, but in a different board.

In any case, OP: base clocks are never exact for soem reason, so 99.8 basically means you are running at the stock clock of 100MHz. Unless you prefer FSB overclock to multiplier overclock, it shouldn't be a problem.

Still, I'm intrigued about where the setting is :P  Sometimes you need to change a CPU OC setting from auto to manual for the base clock setting to show up. Could it be the case here?

well you can do it, i never denied that, i meant its not worth it

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

The only ryzen board i've seen currently with support for b-clock overclocking is the x370 Asus Crosshair VI...

none of the others ive tried, even other x370, support it for now...

I own the B350-plus asus, AB350 Gaming 3, AB350M, x370 gaming 5, msi titanium, CHVI, and B350-M...

Alex

Clock droop like that is pretty common even on Intel boards.

The B350 boards do not have the extenal clock chip like the higher end x370 boards as far as I am aware. so you cannot adjust BCLK.

In addition to the Asus CH6, the Asrock Taichi and Gaming Professional and the Gigabyte Gaming k7 also have the b-clock chips

1 hour ago, GTBTK said:

Clock droop like that is pretty common even on Intel boards.

The B350 boards do not have the extenal clock chip like the higher end x370 boards as far as I am aware. so you cannot adjust BCLK.

In addition to the Asus CH6, the Asrock Taichi and Gaming Professional and the Gigabyte Gaming k7 also have the b-clock chips

I kind of figured that was the case just hoping I was wrong. I thought I wouldn't have to over buy on my MOBO for once. So is life, and to be fair the Taichi is not as bad as my old Z97 gaming 7 for bloated features.

2 hours ago, Deusrex said:

I kind of figured that was the case just hoping I was wrong. I thought I wouldn't have to over buy on my MOBO for once. So is life, and to be fair the Taichi is not as bad as my old Z97 gaming 7 for bloated features.

The people who have one seem to be very happy with them. I cannot speak from personal experience though