gpu running but fan not spinning

*insert_name_here*

so I just got a 1050 and I tried it in a game I got decent frame rates but The fan isnt spinning on gpu-z it says im using vram but not the fan.

should I be worried?

Are your temperatures still okay? If they are it might be a faulty sensor on the fans. Check in your case if you can actually see the fans spinning.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

3 minutes ago, *insert_name_here* said:

so I just got a 1050 and I tried it in a game I got decent frame rates but The fan isnt spinning on gpu-z it says im using vram but not the fan.

should I be worried?

Most new GPU's don't spin fans until they get around 50-60 Celsius. It's some weird noise reduction/energy saving feature I guess. If you don't like it, get Afterburner and create your own fan curve. It's pretty much a standard setup at this point.

3 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Are your temperatures still okay? If they are it might be a faulty sensor on the fans. Check in your case if you can actually see the fans spinning.

I've checked in the case and its not spinning, the temps wont go over 50c, at what temp will the fans start?

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Most new GPU's don't spin fans until they get around 50-60 Celsius. It's some weird noise reduction/energy saving feature I guess. If you don't like it, get Afterburner and create your own fan curve. It's pretty much a standard setup at this point.

thanks

Just now, *insert_name_here* said:

I've checked in the case and its not spinning, the temps wont go over 50c, at what temp will the fans start?

Depends on the GPU but 50 seems to be well in the safe zone where fans just don't spin.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

4 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Depends on the GPU but 50 seems to be well in the safe zone where fans just don't spin.

thanks