Need advice for a new build :(

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums and you know, I registered because I need help.

I'm trying to make a new build for a low amount of money. Going to use my HD 7870 a my 500W power supply in the build.

Could I get some better parts for reasonable price ?

GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3

AMD FX-8320

Arctic Freezer A30

Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 8GB

Cooler Master N300

Thanks for your help !!

You don't need 1866 ram, other than that it looks good.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Go with basic Corsair Vengeance it doesn't effect gaming that much nearly nothing

I'd swap out the arctic a30 for a CoolerMaster 212 EVO and the case for a Zalman Z9, but at this kind of budget just get what you think looks best.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

Aww, thanks alot for the advices :D. Just refreshed the page and boom, so many advices. 

There is no real need for more than 1600 Mhz RAM for gaming (if you don´t have a APU of course) so just get the 1600 Kit you think looks the best :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I had a look at the RAM. In Czech the Vengeance Pro cost a little less then the Vengeance. 8GB Vengeance Pro 1866 2sticks x 8GB Vengeace 1600 4sticks. Which decision would be smarter ?

I had a look at the RAM. In Czech the Vengeance Pro cost a little less then the Vengeance. 8GB Vengeance Pro 1866 2sticks x 8GB Vengeace 1600 4sticks. Which decision would be smarter ?

Well if the Pro is cheaper get that. And 2 sticks is better since you will have room to add more later if needed.

\

I had a look again :D And saw the the Vengeance Pro 8gb 2 sticks but faster (2133) was just about 9 bucks more expensive. :D Hard to decide

It's a pretty awesome build just consider saving a bit on the memory by getting a 1600mhz kit and overclocking it yourself.
Put more money in the CPU cooler to get really good overclocks out of your chip.

I also have a tip from personal experience, make sure to get memory that's listed in the motherboard's compatibility list, otherwise you will run into stability problems because most if not all ram these days is XMP, which means it won't run at it's "official" specs in an AMD system unless it's officially supported by the board or if you input the latencies yourself.

UPDATE: I can confirm that these memory modules are officially supported.
You can download the memory support list for the GIgabyte 990FX UD3 motherboard here.

Also make sure you get the Rev 4.0 of the UD3 board, all the previous revisions have inadequate VRM cooling for overclocking which would result in throttling unfortunately.

It's a pretty awesome build just consider saving a bit on the memory by getting a 1600mhz kit and overclocking it yourself.

Put more money in the CPU cooler to get really good overclocks out of your chip.

I also have a tip from personal experience, make sure to get memory that's listed in the motherboard's compatibility list, otherwise you will run into stability problems because most if not all ram these days is XMP, which means it won't run at it's "official" specs in an AMD system unless it's officially supported by the board or if you input the latencies yourself.

UPDATE: I can confirm that these memory modules are officially supported.

You can download the memory support list for the GIgabyte 990FX UD3 motherboard here.

Also make sure you get the Rev 4.0 of the UD3 board, all the previous revisions have inadequate VRM cooling for overclocking which would result in throttling unfortunately.

Thanks for the tip. I guess I will buy the Vengeance Pro 8gb 1866 since here in Czech, they cost a little bit less than Vengeance 8gb 1600. Also, can you help me choose a good CPU cooler for a good price ?

Thanks for the tip. I guess I will buy the Vengeance Pro 8gb 1866 since here in Czech, they cost a little bit less than Vengeance 8gb 1600. Also, can you help me choose a good CPU cooler for a good price ?

NZXT Havik 140, Noctua NH-U12P & Xigmatek Dark Knight II Hawk Edition.

If you cant find any of those for a decent price just get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 or a Hyper 212 EVO.

NZXT Havik 140, Noctua NH-U12P & Xigmatek Dark Knight II Hawk Edition.

If you cant find any of those for a decent price just get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 or a Hyper 212 EVO.

Those look good :D I may consider those.

Where are you shopping? Budget?

The system's just for gaming right?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Where are you shopping? Budget?

The system's just for gaming right?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them. 

Sorry for the very very late reply. I've been really busy with school. Yep, it's for gaming. Also trying to save money and keep the costs as low as possible.

buy everything on black friday or thanksgivng in order to get better parts for cheaper

:( I live in Czech and there's really no black friday actually here. And if ordering it from NCIX.com, etc. the shipping will cost me really alot and also the taxes would be applied too (maybe ?).

But one thing I hate about living in Czech republic is that a 7970 ( in USA / Canada ) costs exactly like a 7870 here. :( too bad

Sorry for the very very late reply. I've been really busy with school. Yep, it's for gaming. Also trying to save money and keep the costs as low as possible.

:( I live in Czech and there's really no black friday actually here. And if ordering it from NCIX.com, etc. the shipping will cost me really alot and also the taxes would be applied too (maybe ?).

Oh that sux do u know anyone in the US who could mail it to you

It's probably easier to shop from where you live although I don't know this for sure. 

Do you have any local or online shops?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Oh that sux do u know anyone in the US who could mail it to you

:( I don't, sadly. But I have to deal with it, I guess..

It's probably easier to shop from where you live although I don't know this for sure. 

Do you have any local or online shops?

The only website I trust in Czech is alza.cz . But man the prices of the GPUs are just too damn high. And not just the GPUs. I guess I will have to pay about 700$ (converted) to get what I listed. For that many in CA/USA I would have gotten a new rig :D.

The only website I trust in Czech is alza.cz . But man the prices of the GPUs are just too damn high. And not just the GPUs. I guess I will have to pay about 700$ (converted) to get what I listed. For that many in CA/USA I would have gotten a new rig :D.

Well you're not using US dollars. What's your actual budget?

they already answered all your questions, so i just came here to say... Welcome  ^_^ 

Well you're not using US dollars. What's your actual budget?

Sorry for the late reply, I'm really busy with school. Exams all the week and in the next few weeks too. I actually have about 1k dollars (converted). But I'm not willing to spend all the money. My birthday is next week on Sunday, so I'm willing to get that new build for around 670 $ (converted) - expecting that my parents would pay the half of it and I would pay the rest.

they already answered all your questions, so i just came here to say... Welcome  ^_^ 

:D Thank you. At least you said something to me. Yay !! Have a nice day.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm really busy with school. Exams all the week and in the next few weeks too. I actually have about 1k dollars (converted). But I'm not willing to spend all the money. My birthday is next week on Sunday, so I'm willing to get that new build for around 670 $ (converted) - expecting that my parents would pay the half of it and I would pay the rest.

Don't convert currencies if you're not shopping in the US...