best way to stay awake after all nighter

nobiggieBIG

HOW DO I DO IT.

Life of deadlines and potential assignments...

Im thinking like 3 redbulls and coffee shots....

also, how do you do it

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

Nothing. 

A preventative measure is to do your work early!

Those drink will make you "crash" after a couple hours.

"Crash" as in, you will fall asleep wherever, and whenever!

2 minutes ago, WindirBear said:

Nothing. 

A preventative measure is to do your work early!

Those drink will make you "crash" after a couple hours.

"Crash" as in, you will fall asleep wherever, and whenever!

yeah, ive been struggling to sleep recently, getting up at 3pm and going to bed at 5am, and then when i need to push myself back into a 7am-11pm routine, i have to do an allnighter, no choice really.

luckily enough today i finish at 3:45, so thats just over 9 hours....

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

A few years ago in uni, I had to do like 60 hours straight awake, it was awful. But to be honest, the things that kept me awake were adrenaline and desperation. Coffee and that don't tend to give me lasting effects.

My (first) build: i7 4790k | Noctua NH-U14S + NF-A15 | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB 2133MHz CL9 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Seagate 2TB SSHD | 2x MSI R9 270X TwinFrozr crossfire | Seasonic G Series 750W 80+ Gold | Asus VX238H 23" | GAMDIAS HERMES | Logitech G602 | Steelseries QcK | Windows 8.1

Just now, kingkickolas said:

A few years ago in uni, I had to do like 60 hours straight awake, it was awful. But to be honest, the things that kept me awake were adrenaline and desperation. Coffee and that don't tend to give me lasting effects.

yeah, at my local shop you can get 3xenergy drinks for 1$ so i might get nine and space them out.

Just now, Seamonster420 said:

Pound an energy drink and then take a 30 minute nap. Trust me.

ill try that one day, but unfortunately for me ive got to go in 30 mins hahahahha

3 hours ago, nobiggieBIG said:

HOW DO I DO IT.

Life of deadlines and potential assignments...

also, how do you do it

Dont. It's dangerous. Just sleep fam. 

- snip-

1 minute ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Dont. It's dangerous. Just sleep fam. 

ive been having trouble sleeping recently, but classes start at 7, and im trying to sleep at 11pm, and im just tossing and turning. and if i die its for a good cause. yesterday i got up at 1.30, i should be fine for a good 6 hours

The trick is to not put off all of your assignments until the last moment and then get proper sleep every night.

But hey, if you think that sleep deprivation and high dosages of caffeine along with the added stress of near deadlines will somehow improve the quality of your work, don't let me tell you otherwise. 

Energy drinks aren't worth it. I used to drink them as a long haul truck driver (lorry driver for our UK friends)  

Well that all ended with me in the hospital after having suffered a mild heart attack due to caffeine overdose. But I am the one to blame. I downed 32 cans of red bull in less than 4 hours. 

I just avoid energy drinks as they aren't worth it. And nothing is so important to risk your own health and well being over. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

1 minute ago, Zusafek said:

Energy drinks aren't worth it. I used to drink them as a long haul truck driver (lorry driver for our UK friends)  

Well that all ended with me in the hospital after having suffered a mild heart attack due to caffeine overdose. But I am the one to blame. I downed 32 cans of red bull in less than 4 hours. 

I just avoid energy drinks as they aren't worth it. And nothing is so important to risk your own health and well being over. 

how do you drink 32 cans of redbull and not throw up?

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

how do you drink 32 cans of redbull and not throw up?

A cast iron belly. And I think I was at the point that I could feel colors. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

7 hours ago, nobiggieBIG said:

Never do that, it's horrible for your health. Drink a cup of coffee and take a shower, then start doing things.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

52 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

If you drank 32 glasses of water in 4 hours, you'd probably STILL have needed medical care.

The problem wasn't the energy drinks. It was having too many of them.

A single energy drink won't harm you. 2 or 3 over an entire day (as a one-off) won't harm you*.

Drinking 2-3 every day isn't good, long term. Binge drinking more than 3 a day can definitely be bad for you.

*Unless you have pre-existing medical issues, especially heart related

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

34 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

If you drank 32 glasses of water in 4 hours, you'd probably STILL have needed medical care.

The problem wasn't the energy drinks. It was having too many of them.

A single energy drink won't harm you. 2 or 3 over an entire day (as a one-off) won't harm you*.

Drinking 2-3 every day isn't good, long term. Binge drinking more than 3 a day can definitely be bad for you.

*Unless you have pre-existing medical issues, especially heart related

Yep. That whole thing was completely wrong in any scenario. 

If there's a lesson here....don't do the dumbass thing I did. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Idk why, but whenever im tired and put down my head for about 10min and wake up, i feel very energetic as I slept alot

17 hours ago, JayKay3000 said:

I heard this woman drunk 6 red bulls in one go and had a heart attack because it makes your blood sticky as well. I guess it's too late to find out if you have a medical condition till your on the ground dying in you last moments of regret.

You can't sleep because your stressed though and it's a bit of a rubbish cycle. For a lot of years I had to play a movie or listen to music to go to sleep. Even reading a book is a good way to unwind after a stressful day. I hate stress though, but it's a part of life and it can be tough to deal with.

well i got in from college and slept all the way up until now. still alive apparently

keep the lights up

high tempo music

procrastinate and worry

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Cocaine, Ritalin and prayer.

Jokes aside, Red Bull is okay for the all nighter, though you should sleep the next day. Just keep up your eating and drinking, lots of high energy foods. Red Bull every four hours or so, and take regular breaks.

Source: too many years at university

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

17 hours ago, JayKay3000 said:

I heard this woman drunk 6 red bulls in one go and had a heart attack because it makes your blood sticky as well. I guess it's too late to find out if you have a medical condition till your on the ground dying in you last moments of regret.

You hear that happening a lot with people who drink too many vodka red bulls, the alcohol wears off and suddenly they're left with massive amounts if caffeine. Or, the caffeine masks the drunkenness, they drink way more than normal and the alcohol poisoning gets them. A very nasty mix.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti