Smallest LCD display for DIY HUD in ski goggles

Hey guys,

since quite a few people here are into quads, might as well ask here.

I'm looking for the smallest LCD you can find to use with a raspberry pi. This is just out of curiosity, since it'd be cool to know what is out there. Because why not build your own wearable i.e. connected ski goggles or something along those lines...

Anything around 1-2 inches diagonally would be interesting, maybe FPV goggle replacement screens, but I don't really know too much about those, hence why I'm asking the RC people.

Thanks for any hints

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

3 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

maybe also try doing a variations on a car HUD using a mirror instead of just sticking an LCD in the corner. Just a thought.

Yeah, good idea. I'm probably not going to do this any time soon, just interested in the possibility.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

There are cheap full color oled displays, 0.96" would take a bit of coding and video is pretty much out of the question but high visibility would be perfect for showing stats.