Why is my CPU at 89c??

Every time I boot up my computer I'm getting a warning about the cpu fan. Problem is I'm using the kraken x61 and it's not registering is as a AIO if that's a problem? I'm not too sure how to navigate the bios but managed to find myself on the fan adjustment part. It honestly it didn't do much if anything. All power supply cables are plugged in properly and the pumps fans are on full aswell as the LEDs on the nzxt logo on. 

It it will stay around 60-65c for a couple of minutes but then instantly spike... is 89c even safe for a cpu?? I'm really worried about this so if anyone can help out that would be great!!

IMG_0237.JPG

Just now, Callumbrahh said:

-snip-

boot into the os and check the temps there aswell

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

2 minutes ago, Callumbrahh said:

Every time I boot up my computer I'm getting a warning about the cpu fan. Problem is I'm using the kraken x61 and it's not registering is as a AIO if that's a problem? I'm not too sure how to navigate the bios but managed to find myself on the fan adjustment part. It honestly it didn't do much if anything. All power supply cables are plugged in properly and the pumps fans are on full aswell as the LEDs on the nzxt logo on. 

It it will stay around 60-65c for a couple of minutes but then instantly spike... is 89c even safe for a cpu?? I'm really worried about this so if anyone can help out that would be great!!

IMG_0237.JPG

That could be incorrect, but your cooler might not be functioning as it should, maybe RMA it.And that I don't think it's safe to run it that high.

What CPU is it? Have you Overclocked it? What voltage is your CPU running at? Did you take off the plastic between the heat sync copper plate and the Thermal Paste?

CPU: Core i7 7700K | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 | MOBO: Asus Prime Z270-AR | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | SSD: Kingston 128GB SSD & Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase Pro 5

3 minutes ago, Callumbrahh said:

89C is perfectly fine for an Intel chip, and I think some AMDs have gone to like 140 before breaking.

My laptop will run itself up to 99C before underclocking itself. That's the maximum temperature Intel defines as "Safe" (and manufacturers are always going to use conservative estimates here)

Mind, it does seem a bit high, what CPU/Cooler are you using? Are you overclocking? Did you remember to put thermal paste between the cooler and CPU? :P 

spiking to 89c is bad....you have a problem....is this a fresh OS install or old(maybe virus related)...get the AIO cooler installed properly....check device manager for uninstalled drivers....I got one x41 kraken and getting correct drivers installed was painful....good luck...need more info for correct analysis..

info needed...

which OS used

fresh install or just started spiking

any flags in device manager for drivers

kraken uses cam software and asetek drivers

24 minutes ago, pipnina said:

89C is perfectly fine for an Intel chip, and I think some AMDs have gone to like 140 before breaking.

My laptop will run itself up to 99C before underclocking itself. That's the maximum temperature Intel defines as "Safe" (and manufacturers are always going to use conservative estimates here)

Mind, it does seem a bit high, what CPU/Cooler are you using? Are you overclocking? Did you remember to put thermal paste between the cooler and CPU? :P 

89C is fine if you were running an extreme overclock on air/water at max load. It isn't fine on boot up.

Something isn't running right.

As you're running a pump, go through the fan settings in the monitor menu and make sure only the chassis fans are under the control of the motherboard. 

Check to see if the pump is physically running while you're at it.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

25 minutes ago, FusionDeck said:

What CPU is it? Have you Overclocked it? What voltage is your CPU running at? Did you take off the plastic between the heat sync copper plate and the Thermal Paste?

It's an i7 6700k and no I haven't overclocked it yet! It's reading 4000mhz but it's lowering to around 3100-3300. I removed the original thermal paste that came with the water cooler and placed arctic 5 onto it but I didn't remove anything from the cpu? It didn't look like it had anything attached to it... it's a new build and tbh my first one iv ever done

It's an i7 6700k and no I haven't overclocked it yet! It's reading 4000mhz but it's lowering to around 3100-3300. I removed the original thermal paste that came with the water cooler and placed arctic 5 onto it but I didn't remove anything from the cpu? It didn't look like it had anything attached to it... it's a new build and tbh my first one iv ever done

Any chance you could post photos of the pump and fan setups?

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

What about the voltage that it's running at? It should be available in the monitoring tab?

CPU: Core i7 7700K | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 | MOBO: Asus Prime Z270-AR | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | SSD: Kingston 128GB SSD & Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase Pro 5

5 minutes ago, Hawx said:

89C is fine if you were running an extreme overclock on air/water at max load. It isn't fine on boot up.

Something isn't running right.

As you're running a pump, go through the fan settings in the monitor menu and make sure only the chassis fans are under the control of the motherboard. 

Check to see if the pump is physically running while you're at it.

89c with no overclock? It's running at 4.0ghz standerd... I don't know how to work the bios tbh? If I press f6 it's bring me to this but this is all I get? And how do I know if my pump is working?? My instructions are really bad it only shows me how to install it

3 minutes ago, Hawx said:

Any chance you could post photos of the pump and fan setups?

This is what I have? I don't know how to tell if my pumps working though? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, FusionDeck said:

What about the voltage that it's running at? It should be available in the monitoring tab?

1.328v?

image.jpg

This is my fan settings but I don't know how to change anything?? 

image.jpg

Ignore the q-fan tuning crap and go to Monitor -> Fan Speed Control and set CPU Q-Fan control to Disabled.

20170311_203742_1920x1080.jpg

That'll get rid of the CPU-Fan error. 

And as above, make sure you're not using the CPU_OPT header. Use the CPU_FAN.

Wrong section 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Okay before I mess around with anymore wires... have I really been that stupid that I haven't filled the kraken x61 with water?? Please tell me it already has the water in the pump ??

Okay before I mess around with anymore wires... have I really been that stupid that I haven't filled the kraken x61 with water?? Please tell me it already has the water in the pump ??

It's a sealed AIO, so it's all ready to go. 

Do make sure the pump is connected to CPU_FAN.

What you haven't filled it yet? Wonder why its not working!

Just kidding, it comes pre filled lol

3 minutes ago, Hawx said:

It's a sealed AIO, so it's all ready to go. 

Do make sure the pump is connected to CPU_FAN.

Ahh okay its all plugged in so I really don't know the fans are working but I honestly don't know how to tell if the pump is?

I didn't remove anything from the cpu could this be a problem? I heard people talking about the cpu coming with a base compound but mine didn't look like it had one? Should I remove it and clean it just incase?