Which Macbook for my needs?

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

we all different kinds of users here, he is asking a question we give answers.

Or strongly encouraged advice not to do what he asking. Just because someone asks a question of what's the best way to jump off a building, running or head first? Doesn't mean we should only encourage one of the two options he gave us. Some of us smart users will let the guy to know, not to jump at all. Apple and this forum are like political parties, might be the same thing at the core, but completely different ideologies. Customization vs restriction.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

EXACTLY. Our answer was that the Razer Blade and Dell XPS laptops are better ;)

xps - not good enough build but i really like it

razer- bad build, shit support, problems with everything.

its up to OP, if op likes macbook he should get one end of argument about shitty razer product.  

xps - not good enough build but i really like it

razer- bad build, shit support, problems with everything.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. So can we stop fighting now? :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, Orangeator said:

Or strongly encouraged advice not to do what he asking. Just because someone asks a question of what's the best way to jump off a building, running or head first? Doesn't mean we should only encourage one of the two options he gave us. Some of us smart users will let the guy to know, not to jump at all. Apple and this forum are like political parties, might be the same thing at the core, but completely different ideologies. Customization vs restriction.

so, people have different ideology kid accept it and move on.

so, people have different ideology kid accept it and move on.

I have accepted it completely thus why I said there are difference in preference (ideology). Also why I said why create a post asking which product to buy on one end of the spectrum, on a forum that sides to the completely opposite spectrum... Not saying we should ban the posts or anything like that. Not even in the slightness. I am just saying don't expect people to not encourage other options.

Just now, Orangeator said:

I have accepted it completely thus why I said there are difference in preference (ideology). Also why I said why create a post asking which product to buy on one end of the spectrum, on a forum that sides to the completely opposite spectrum... Not saying we should ban the posts or anything like that. Not even in the slightness. I am just saying don't expect people to not encourage other options.

you really like winning don't you 

34 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

Razer is more expensive than mac. Razer is literally mac with windows installed. Never will i buy a razer product.

My deathadder's damn nice, jussayin

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

you really like winning don't you 

Lol this is me complaining about people like you who whine when the majority try to sway an OP from a decision he is asking us advice on. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

5 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Lol this is me complaining about people like you who whine when the majority try to sway an OP from a decision he is asking us advice on. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

what do you want a cookie.

Get the last generation MacBook Pro.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

16 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Where is @djdwosk97 when we need him...

I'm going to assume that the software for the x-ray images you use is Mac-specific. In that case, you might very well be served decently with a MacBook Pro. What exactly you want and need out of it is up to you, but you could probably get good mileage out of one that's comparatively spec'd against a Dell XPS 13 of sorts.

I'm not sure what else I could add, but I'd go with the pro. I'd avoid the regular MacBook, sure it's technically enough, but it's very underpowered and the air has an awful screen, and so that's out. 

The xps 13 would be my non-mac recommendation, although I personally prefer MacOS, so....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

My suggestion would be to take the pro for a bit longer battery life and the air for lower weight.

MacBooks are really sturdy so Netflix(chill optional) and drop it from the bed and it survives. The air can't take the same beating as the pro can tho..

2 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Get a Dell XPS13/15. It is better...

He said he wanted a Macbook not a Dell.

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 -  GPU GeForce GTX 1060 3GB - MOTHERBOARD Asus B550 Plus - - HARD DRIVE WD Blue 1TB - MEMORY Corsair 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, TreesMadeOfTanks said:

He said he wanted a Macbook not a Dell.

No Shit Sherlock! I have already replied to the exact same thing TWICE......

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No Shit Sherlock! I have already replied to the exact same thing TWICE......

Theres 4 pages on this post and i don't feel like reading all of them

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 -  GPU GeForce GTX 1060 3GB - MOTHERBOARD Asus B550 Plus - - HARD DRIVE WD Blue 1TB - MEMORY Corsair 16GB DDR4

Just now, TreesMadeOfTanks said:

Theres 4 pages on this post and i don't feel like reading all of them

OK. Here is my response then :P

I simply recommended something that would be better....