Which Macbook for my needs?

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Cheaper maybe? The most Expensive Razer Blade costs just $300, while the most expensive Macbook Pro costs $4400...

300$ pretty cheap laptop? send me the link?

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

show me a 300 usd razerblade please 

Fixed :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

300$ pretty cheap laptop? send me the link?

Fixed now xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

dave lee has same experience with lots of people on razer forum

But lots of people have had good experiences as well...

Fixed now xD

he did not ask for a razer or a xps. He asked for a macbook. Conversation over. Take your elitist attitude and go back to PCMR

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

But lots of people have had good experiences as well...

same with macs, most people have good experience bonus on having the the best support of any laptop company. 

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

he did not ask for a razer or a xps. He asked for a macbook. Conversation over. Take your elitist attitude and go back to PCMR

Gotta love how when your argument derailed, you went back to the usual :D

but for 1.5k

conclusion OP if you can try to get a 2015 15 inch or 13 inch depending on your needs, you will love it, also don't forget to get applecare. 

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Gotta love how when your argument derailed, you went back to the usual :D

im a pc gamer, and i know that pcs are better than macs, but i also know the guy asked for a macbook not a xps. Its not your money, so you dont have to worry about it

conclusion OP if you can try to get a 2015 15 inch or 13 inch depending on your needs, you will love it, also don't forget to get applecare. 

The 2016 pro is $196 more then the 2015 (upgraded to 256gb since the 2016 comes with 256gb) on apple.ca.

Hmm.

6 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

It's not that we have a PC elitist attitude, it's that a lot of us are. So when you ask on a forum of PC enthusiasts which Macbook you should buy... You might as well walk into shark tank doused in fish blood.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, rasesh said:

The 2016 pro is $196 more then the 2015 (upgraded to 256gb since the 2016 comes with 256gb) on apple.ca.

Hmm.

it might be worth it if the ports and dongles work for you. 

Just now, Orangeator said:

It's not that we have a PC elitist attitude, it's that a lot of us are. So when you ask on a forum of PC enthusiasts which Macbook you should buy... You might as well walk into shark tank doused in fish blood.

its usually assumed that PCMR is smart and we know lots about computers macbooks are PC- personal computer so PCMR- Personal computer master race, he was asking for an opinion on which mac to get. 

its usually assumed that PCMR is smart and we know lots about computers macbooks are PC- personal computer so PCMR- Personal computer master race, he was asking for an opinion on which mac to get. 

I don't walk into an Apple store and ask them to help with what parts I should buy for my next build... If I did that I would be called an asshole, but if someone comes onto a predominantly PCMR forum and asks for Macbook help... That's okay?

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Apple begs to differ:

27 minutes ago, rasesh said:

Hey guys, I am in the market for a apple Macbook & wondering which one I should go for if the purpose of me using it is:

1) Studying [medical student] - mostly Microsoft office [text clarity is important for me], video files, highly detailed x-ray images [high res images]

2) Chilling when I got time - HD movies, YouTube, Netflix

3) Portability kind of because sometimes I find myself studying at the library or away from home

4) Long battery life if i find myself traveling, but as for as I know I think all macbooks have great battery life overall

Choosing between:

- Macbook Pro 13"

- Macbook Air 13"

- Macbook 12"  (A-lot of people recommend NOT to buy this but for my needs would it matter?)

Buy new or used?

There are tons of used diff macbook's on kijiji/craigslist and can save me a-lot of money as long as they work properly & have been treated with care.

If you say used then which macbook & which year?

Or buy a new one?

Any upgrades I should go for?

ram, processor, storage

Thanks! ;)

So the reason you want a mac is just because of battery? Because loads of other laptops have great battery these days, apple does not have a monopoly on great battery life anymore. You want to work with high res images? you should get a laptop with high resolution then, macs operate on a lower res than most but maxes out on 1080p, which means you'll be moving that image around a lot more, also you'll find that office has a little slider down in the right corner that let's you zoom the pages for better text clarity.

I would feel bad recommending any of these computers for any kind of work outside facebook surfing, and that's a hell of a lot of money to drop on a facebook machine, I'd recommend you list your requirements in a new post asking for the best computer for your budget, the new macs are rubbish, they are not good in any way imo (and I own an iPod which I love and MBP13").

If it has to be a mac, get an older one where you can add some memory, and an ssd. That is the only recomandation I would feel okay giving...

it might be worth it if the ports and dongles work for you. 

2 usb-c ports ... Let's say I use 1 for charging then I would just need to buy 1 usb-c type usb drive and I should be good to go.

Only thing that would suck is ... if i wanted to take a file off a friend who has it on a normal usb, but then again how often does that pop up in life..

$196 more for 2016 pro.

Hmmm.

I don't walk into an Apple store and ask them to help with what parts I should buy for my next build... If I did that I would be called an asshole, but if someone comes onto a predominantly PCMR forum and asks for Macbook help... That's okay?

so this is a window only site? 

Where is @djdwosk97 when we need him...

I'm going to assume that the software for the x-ray images you use is Mac-specific. In that case, you might very well be served decently with a MacBook Pro. What exactly you want and need out of it is up to you, but you could probably get good mileage out of one that's comparatively spec'd against a Dell XPS 13 of sorts.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, rasesh said:

2 usb-c ports ... Let's say I use 1 for charging then I would just need to buy 1 usb-c type usb drive and I should be good to go.

Only thing that would suck is ... if i wanted to take a file off a friend who has it on a normal usb, but then again how often does that pop up in life..

$196 more for 2016 pro.

Hmmm.

its a hard choice, think things over before pulling the plug.  

Not at all. This site is for all tech. However, the user base is a desktop enthusiast one. Aka, all tech except Crapple.

He did say predominantly.....

Not at all. This site is for all tech. However, the user base is a desktop enthusiast one. Aka, all tech except Crapple.

we all different kinds of users here, he is asking a question we give answers.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

we all different kinds of users here, he is asking a question we give answers.

EXACTLY. Our answer was that the Razer Blade and Dell XPS laptops are better ;)