GS4 or Optimus G2 or HTC One Red

Focux

@Focux

I got the GS4 myself and the only bad thing I got to say about it is that the build quality is compromised by the plastic and the screen might not be fore everyone with it´s bit over saturated colors ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

@Focux

I got the GS4 myself and the only bad thing I got to say about it is that the build quality is compromised by the plastic and the screen might not be fore everyone with it´s bit over saturated colors ;)

SAMOLED tend to be a little oversaturated, but it is better than its predecessor the S3 which was a tad more over saturated and had a bluish tint......the S4 does not have this tint and white appear more, well, white. I watched a good number of ripped 720P movies on my S4 when I had it and I can't say I was displeased with the PQ. To me, the only thing it was lacking was screen size, I wanted bigger....hence, my upgrade to the Note 3. Now, all I need to make movie watching on my Note 3 even better is for 128GB mSD cards to show up.....and for the Note 3 to support it.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

SAMOLED tend to be a little oversaturated, but it is better than its predecessor the S3 which was a tad more over saturated and had a bluish tint......the S4 does not have this tint and white appear more, well, white. I watched a good number of ripped 720P movies on my S4 when I had it and I can't say I was displeased with the PQ. To me, the only thing it was lacking was screen size, I wanted bigger....hence, my upgrade to the Note 3. Now, all I need to make movie watching on my Note 3 even better is for 128GB mSD cards to show up.....and for the Note 3 to support it.

So..GS4 > G2 > One ? Or get a note 3 god I feel do small holding the note lmao

I'd go for the S4 out of those, the one is really good too but ive had bad experiences with LG, my dads optimus 2x got the 4.0 update like a month ago and still is laggy while having great specs 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Lol to protect the sexy back prolly

Yeah in that case(LOL PUNNY, sorry) you might as well get the S4, since the sexy back is the only thing the One has over the S4.

And the speakers but i never use them 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Get it in BLUE. The HTC One I mean. And yeah don't slap a case on it, that makes me sad....

Get it in BLUE. The HTC One I mean. And yeah don't slap a case on it, that makes me sad....

But if he drops it, he'd be even sadder, wouldn't he? That's why I don't care about the material used for the body, yes, full aluminum body is secksay and great to hold. But drop it once, or twice, and you can't stand to look at it anymore.......that's why I'd always buy a case or two, or three (to suit my mood) whenever I buy a new phone.

Just because some of you guys have not dropped a phone in years doesn't mean TS hasn't or won't.....accidents do happen is all I'm saying. A good protective case would minimize any damage done to the phone in case of a drop. Oh yeah, OtterBox makes exceptionally good, well-designed and shock resistant cases, I had one for my S3 a while back...

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

But if he drops it, he'd be even sadder, wouldn't he? That's why I don't care about the material used for the body, yes, full aluminum body is secksay and great to hold. But drop it once, or twice, and you can't stand to look at it anymore.......that's why I'd always buy a case or two, or three (to suit my mood) whenever I buy a new phone.

Just because some of you guys have not dropped a phone in years doesn't mean TS hasn't or won't.....accidents do happen is all I'm saying. A good protective case would minimize any damage done to the phone in case of a drop. Oh yeah, OtterBox makes exceptionally good, well-designed and shock resistant cases, I had one for my S3 a while back...

I did drop my One but all it did was make a dent in one of the corners on the backside.

Yes, accidents do happen but I will take my chances.

THAT is enough to hurt my sexay back!

But...it was on concrete I dropped it on. :(

I did drop my One but all it did was make a dent in one of the corners on the backside.

Yes, accidents do happen but I will take my chances.

Not criticizing you in any manner, but I don't understand this. You'd rather risk dropping it and dinging or denting it rather than put a case on it? Why? Like I'd said, I understand the feel and look is great, but not protecting and running the risk of damaging it sounds......ill thought of. Besides, a small investment on a case would ensure a higher resale value should you decide to sell it one day.

Not criticizing you in any manner, but I don't understand this. You'd rather risk dropping it and dinging or denting it rather than put a case on it? Why? Like I'd said, I understand the feel and look is great, but not protecting and running the risk of damaging it sounds......ill thought of. Besides, a small investment on a case would ensure a higher resale value should you decide to sell it one day.

Oh because I appreciate it more than the risk of letting it fall.

I do have a case but never use it,

I absolutely cannot decide. I want a good display, long battery( G2 - 3000mAh vs S4 2600mAh) but S4 has removable battery whereas the G2 doesn't. G2 is 32Gb where I am.

HTC One cos the red is too damn sexy

TY!

Okay if u want a good display and long battery life you should really go for the LG G2 especially if you dont mind its bloated software which is similar to Samsung's. Its all personal preference but the LG's IPS display is better than the samsung's Amoled.. furthermore, LG fits a 5.2 inch display in a body similar to that of Samsung's 5 inch S4 due to its superrr thin bezels:D A definite plus point... 

i have used all 3 devices be4 and imo, the best is definitely the HTC One.. I love the simplistic Sense Skin rather than the bloated samsung and lg's skin. Furthermore the Build quality easily outclasses the other android phones. One thing i dont like is its battery. It can barely last me a day... so in fact you shouldnt even consider Samsung imo... Choose between the G2 and One

For your case and my experience, i would really suggest you go for the G2. Its beautiful and top notch hardware wise. The software might be bloated but that can be easily fixed by rooting it.. if u want?:D

Oh ya i should mention also that the G2 is well noted to be one of the best android camera's ever.. beating the S4 and maybe the HTC One..:)

The local LG G2 set (non-removable battery) is said to have very, very good battery life, unlike the Korean G2 (removable battery) which is pricier and the battery isn't as good. I liked the S4 when I had it, but can't speak for or against the One or G2 simply because I'd not used them (other than tinkering with them in the various shops). Honestly speaking, the G2 is the better phone from what I've seen and heard of it (faster CPU, better camera, arguably better screen though I love the SAMOLED on Samsung phones, to each his own!), but the lack of a microSD slot kills it for me. I need more storage space for my ripped 720P movies so phones w/o a microSD slot are not worth considering. IF you do not need the storage space or you don't intend to put some movies into the phone, then yeah, the G2 would be an excellent choice.

Point taken! =D i guess i would rather watch movies on my PC with a proper display xP..hmm all right then i guess i'll take the G2 and see how it goes! but i'll have a look at the polls :P Hope i can find some covers/screen protectors locally =/

The local LG G2 set (non-removable battery) is said to have very, very good battery life, unlike the Korean G2 (removable battery) which is pricier and the battery isn't as good. I liked the S4 when I had it, but can't speak for or against the One or G2 simply because I'd not used them (other than tinkering with them in the various shops). Honestly speaking, the G2 is the better phone from what I've seen and heard of it (faster CPU, better camera, arguably better screen though I love the SAMOLED on Samsung phones, to each his own!), but the lack of a microSD slot kills it for me. I need more storage space for my ripped 720P movies so phones w/o a microSD slot are not worth considering. IF you do not need the storage space or you don't intend to put some movies into the phone, then yeah, the G2 would be an excellent choice.

I absolutely cannot decide. I want a good display, long battery( G2 - 3000mAh vs S4 2600mAh) but S4 has removable battery whereas the G2 doesn't. G2 is 32Gb where I am.

HTC One cos the red is too damn sexy

TY!

Depends on your needs, as always.

General Look - The LG G2 boasts the biggest battery and the biggest screen size of the three options. Construction is the same as GS4, being all plastic, respectively. The HTC One is a plastic/aluminum construction, much different of a feel to the other two plastic ones.

G2:

d17d6178f3e9bb23e4d9ced1d70cf4e3.png

5f71d6d698ec41dbdfd728818ddd0688.png

HTC One:

788bb8d71f986889a9d7e4958e014d3e.png

3dd0b476872dd5bf6ea20ba00789464b.png

GS4:

0d4fdab106c6acd671d30eabbd4183af.png

f453d9ded464ad130f87dd0d94373192.png

(Images from LatopMag.com)

Display Technologies - The G2 uses a 5.2" 1080p IPS panel, which is great for off-axis reading/usability. The GS4 used a 1080p Super-AMOLED panel, which contributes to true blacks and much more saturated colors. The HTC One, most comparative to the LG G2, uses a Super LCD 3 display and boasts the most pixel-dense display at the cost of .3" on the diagonal (4.7").

Processing Power - The G2 boasts the best SoC out of any of the three phones. Using the Snapdragon 800 SoC (System on a Chip) clocked at 2.3GHz, rather than the HTC One's and GS4's Snapdragon 600 clocked at 1.7GHz. The G2 also supports an Adreno 330 GPU rather than the Adreno 320 GPU found on the other two devices.

In everyday performance, the 600 is just as snappy as the 800, but if you crave the absolute greatest in tech, the 800 is the king of the hill.

Camera - The G2 all but takes the Camera showdown thanks to OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). True, the HTC One has this too, but it's lacking 4 megapixel camera leaves a lot of detail and just crispness of photos to be desired. Compared to the GS4, they both feature 13 megapixel cameras, but the lack of OIS on the GS4 makes it suffer in terms of stability in video shooting and low-light photography.

G2 vs One vs GS4 in low light:

lg-htc-galaxy-lowlight-compare.jpg

G2 vs One (regular lighting):

lg-htc-compare.jpg

G2 vs GS4 (regular lighting):

lg-galaxy-compare.jpg

(Images from LaptopMag.com)

UI - The G2 is accompanied by LG's Optimus UI which prefers form over function. Animations fly everywhere and changes just for the sake of changes. The G2 tries to act as a small phablet, with windowed view modes that can hover atop the screen, but without something such as Samsung's S-Pen you really can't make use of it. Optimus is really a big cluttered mess, but thankfully you can root and install CyanogenMod or install a new launcher if it becomes over-bearing.

81712d1379343739t-lg-g2-homescreens-got-

The S4 is a familiar face, with it's large and feature rich TouchWiz UI. TouchWiz isn't much to talk about, other than it takes up around 6GB of system storage to allocate to TouchWiz. Notable conveniences include Multi-Window support (two apps running at once) and floating windows - done way more professionally than the Optimus' UI equivalent.

samsung-galaxy-mega5.8-ui1.jpg

Finally, the Sense 5.X UI of the HTC One. In a couple of words, if you enjoy minimalism and a smooth experience with some notable enhancements such as BlinkFeed, you'll enoy the Sense UI of the HTC One. Sense is very different from the days of yesteryear, coming now with an easy to navigate and low resource intensive UI that can suit the "Average Joe" all the way to the "Tech Head" very well.

HTC-One-Home-screens-01.jpg

Conclusion - So ultimately it does come down to your preference. If you prefer a device that's geared for productivity and getting you quickly back to the real word without many gimmicks or frills, the HTC One is hard to beat.

If you are the multitasking kind of person, you may appreciate Samsung's Galaxy S4 for the enhancements to the TouchWiz UI such as Multi-Window mode more than the One or G2.

Finally, if you are a photographer looking for the perfect shot of your food for Instagram, (or any other actual photography) the LG G2's camera reigns supreme among these three options.

I hope this helps. Looks for PocketNow's reviews and coverage of these three devices to get a professional opinion on them.

(Not affiliated with PocketNow)

(All images in the Camera and Design categories courtesy of LaptopMag.com)

(All other images pulled from Google)