Can you dock the Nintendo Switch with a Temper Glass Screen Protector?

phongle123

Okay, so when the switch is docked it looks like there is absolute no space between the screen and the dock. And when you dock it you can hear the switch scrape against the dock.

Obviously a regular screen protector would add no extra width to the switch but a Tempered Glass does add noticeable width but it will provide better protection especially against a drop against a cornered object.

Will it be able to dock w/ a tempered glass?

I don't want to waste money on a tempered glass and not be able to dock it, otherwise I'll just buy the official screen protector.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its ok to dock with the screen protector. 

I know it can dock with the screen protector. But how about a tempered glass? Tempered glass has noticeable width, a regular screen protector does now however.

I shined a flashlight into the dock with the Switch in it and I couldn't see anything. So it was already super cramped as well as the sound it makes when you dock it. It scrapes meaning its already super close.

Just now, phongle123 said:

I know it can dock with the screen protector. But how about a tempered glass? Tempered glass has noticeable width, a regular screen protector does now however.

I shined a flashlight into the dock with the Switch in it and I couldn't see anything.

unless the protector is 8 inch big it will dock without a problem. 

3 hours ago, phongle123 said:

Okay, so when the switch is docked it looks like there is absolute no space between the screen and the dock. And when you dock it you can hear the switch scrape against the dock.

Obviously a regular screen protector would add no extra width to the switch but a Tempered Glass does add noticeable width but it will provide better protection especially against a drop against a cornered object.

Will it be able to dock w/ a tempered glass?

I don't want to waste money on a tempered glass and not be able to dock it, otherwise I'll just buy the official screen protector.

If it fits, then I'm sure it'll be fine, it might be tight though.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I've been looking on amazon for glass screen protectors and many say in the product description that it won't interfere with the dock. So you should be fine. They're usually less than 1mm thick anyways. That's not very big. 

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

Using a tempered glass on my switch right now, can confirm it will fit fine. Also once you get it you can slide it in glass first to prevent scratching of the back side of the console.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

On 3/7/2017 at 0:13 AM, YubinTheBunny said:

Using a tempered glass on my switch right now, can confirm it will fit fine. Also once you get it you can slide it in glass first to prevent scratching of the back side of the console.

On 3/6/2017 at 3:56 PM, ZimFreak said:

I've been looking on amazon for glass screen protectors and many say in the product description that it won't interfere with the dock. So you should be fine. They're usually less than 1mm thick anyways. That's not very big. 

The one I bought was for a 3-pack of Tempered Glass. Turns out it was just a regular screen protector not tempered glass. Amazon refunded my money before it even arrived w/o me even requesting. So they probably refunded everyone.

The product listing has since then changed it's title name and Removed the word "temper glass" to clear screen. LOL. Free screen protector for me.

Wanted a Tempered Glass because the Switch screen is plastic and not glass so it'll be broken easier but whatever.

Yes, glass screen protector is fine. I have seen people on YouTube try it. Works great. One said that it grips better with the foam pad inside the dock so it feels like the console is properly connected, and hold better in place. I would still aim in getting the thinnest glass screen protector you can. Not only it makes it less visible that you have have, but also you have less chances of issues with the dock.

Yes there is plenty of room in the dock for a screen protector. People are saying the dock causes scratches on the screen so they make a cloth cover to go over it which looks dumb. I just put the soft side of velcro on the rails on the inside of the dock (the things that are causing the scratches) and haven't had an issue.