Dr. Dre Just Made More Money Selling His Headphones Business Than He Ever Did Making Music

Barrington

No! Stop! Please!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

HTC WTF?!

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

It isn't surprising his headphones sold better than his music... They aren't as crap.

labels are marketing are amazing things.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

meaning the deal just added $175 million to his fortune, or more than he ever made cutting records.

Oooh poor him.. he just got 175 million from Selling a brand that is bashed time and time again on the forum.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

No NO NO NO NO.

Learn something about business. Just because "Beats, by Dre" get's a 300 million dollar contacts doesn't mean Dr. Dre get's even close to that amount. There is the product price, the investor price, the advertising price. He is lucky to have made 10 million off that one deal. He doesn't make anything close to 300 million.

No one EVER makes the price that is reported by the media. There are so many variables that go along with it. Don't say things you don't understand just to sound smart. Your smart to the dumb, but dumb to the smart.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

HTC WTF?!

Well Beats is one of their major selling point to the general public so it shouldn't come as a huge surprise. As for Dr Dre, respect, he's a good business man (and rapper although this isn't really my scene), and his net worth reflects that. 300 million dollars, guess it's time to settle down eh.

Is he even involved with the product itself? It's just his name there.

\and his net worth reflects that. 300 million dollars, guess it's time to settle down eh.

You and other's need to understand what a Net Worth is.

Bill gates is Worth 50(ish) billion.

That doesn't mean that have anywhere close to that amount in cash. 

A Net worth is how much you have invested in a company. If you sold everything you could possibly make 80% (at best) of that total but you wouldn't make anything above that because you have no more income.

They might have millions in cash but they can not spend anywhere close to what they are worth because they don't have it. It's invested in companies.

Buy bitcoin for $10,000 at $50 a coin when it was that much. Now your net wealth is $70,000. Doesn't mean you have that much or can even get that much. Just means you have that much invested.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

You and other's need to understand what a Net Worth is.

Bill gates is Worth 50(ish) billion.

That doesn't mean that have anywhere close to that amount in cash.

I did not say it was otherwise.