Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Corsair M65 scroll going haywire, what to do?

I noticed some problems with my scroll wheel a few days ago, i use the middle click quite a lot, and most of the time i would try to use it, it wouldn't work, still, the scroll function was working normally.

Now the scroll function doesn't seem to be working properly, when i scroll down 2 lines down, it scrolls 1 one up and vice-versa, if i gently tap it to the table, it scrolls down 1 line, if i tap it harder, it scrolls down 3 lines.

I think the decoder on the scroll wheel has gone haywire, after all, i've been using this same mouse since early 2014.

i tried to clean it with contact cleaner, but that hasn't solved the issue, is there anything else i can do or is it a goner?

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

 

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

 

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing happened to me.

I'm living with it right now, and plan to replace it soon. I don't think it's fixable, although I would love to be able to fix it.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

 

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

PSU Tier List

You don't need a big PSU

 

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

 

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably busted for good given the fact that it got progressively worse.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

 

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a new mouse or warranty it if it's still in warranty. All mice break over time, some worse than others. I had a mouse start double-clicking on me when I only clicked once after a few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a problem like this with the scroll click on the M60 version, mostly taking it apart and cleaning to ensure the sensors were free of dust and debris using 99% isopropyl. However the tactile switch had to be rebuilt as I couldn't source the original. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I noticed some problems with my scroll wheel a few days ago, i use the middle click quite a lot, and most of the time i would try to use it, it wouldn't work, still, the scroll function was working normally.

Now the scroll function doesn't seem to be working properly, when i scroll down 2 lines down, it scrolls 1 one up and vice-versa, if i gently tap it to the table, it scrolls down 1 line, if i tap it harder, it scrolls down 3 lines.

I think the decoder on the scroll wheel has gone haywire, after all, i've been using this same mouse since early 2014.

i tried to clean it with contact cleaner, but that hasn't solved the issue, is there anything else i can do or is it a goner?

The scroll wheel on mine did the same thing, then fixed itself, then the middle click died and the rest of the scroll wheel worked.  It seems to be a pretty common issue.  Ended up upgrading to a G900 though.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

 

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

 

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

 

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Same thing happened to me.

I'm living with it right now, and plan to replace it soon. I don't think it's fixable, although I would love to be able to fix it.

 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

I had a problem like this with the scroll click on the M60 version, mostly taking it apart and cleaning to ensure the sensors were free of dust and debris using 99% isopropyl. However the tactile switch had to be rebuilt as I couldn't source the original. 

 

Just now, AnnoyedShelf said:

The scroll wheel on mine did the same thing, then fixed itself, then the middle click died and the rest of the scroll wheel worked.  It seems to be a pretty common issue.  Ended up upgrading to a G900 though.

Ayayay, it does seem to be a common issue with this model, that sucks a lot, because i actually liked the mouse.

Like i said, i tried to clean the inside of it and that hasn't solved the issue, i think i'm just going to replace it with something else...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

 

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

 

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

 

 

Ayayay, it does seem to be a common issue with this model, that sucks a lot, because i actually liked the mouse.

Like i said, i tried to clean the inside of it and that hasn't solved the issue, i think i'm just going to replace it with something else...

I'm going to replace it with the ROG Gladius II When it comes out.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

 

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

PSU Tier List

You don't need a big PSU

 

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

 

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC I had the same problem with my M95 a few years ago.

The only fix was restarting the PC or maybe unplugging and replugging the mouse.

It seems to be an issue with corsair, haven't had any similar issues with my new MX master.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RadiatingLight said:

I'm going to replace it with the ROG Gladius II When it comes out.

I'm not sure what i'm going to get, i'd like to try something from Zowie or a Mionix Naos, but since i'm cutting costs, i think i'm going to get something under R$250.

Like, it had to be now, when i'm saving for a new amplifier for my setup...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

 

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

 

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I'm not sure what i'm going to get, i'd like to try something from Zowie or a Mionix Naos, but since i'm cutting costs, i think i'm going to get something under R$250.

Like, it had to be now, when i'm saving for a new amplifier for my setup...

I just re-configured it so the sniper button on the side middle clicks, so I can get use middle click in games.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

 

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

PSU Tier List

You don't need a big PSU

 

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

 

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Enderman said:

IIRC I had the same problem with my M95 a few years ago.

The only fix was restarting the PC or maybe unplugging and replugging the mouse.

It seems to be an issue with corsair, haven't had any similar issues with my new MX master.

Weirdly enough, it doesn't work when i unplug it or restart the PC, neither when i try to use it on another machine, i think the decoder on the circuit has gone bad...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

 

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

 

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I'm going to replace it with the ROG Gladius II When it comes out.

I did that as well when it first happened, that's a good idea! 

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

 

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

 

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×