Hd 7870 overclocked to 1150mhz at 78c is it safe or not?

Toutou158

So today I've overclocked my sapphire hd 7870 to 1150mhz(from 1000mhz) on the core and to 1250mhz(from 1200mhz) on the memory without messing with voltage and fan speed set to auto.I've runned the furmark benchmark for about 30min the fps increased 6fps from stock speeds(from 38 to 44) and the gpu max temp was 78C and there wasn't no artifacts.Is 78C safe for this chip.if not what should I do?

8 minutes ago, Toutou158 said:

So today I've overclocked my sapphire hd 7870 to 1150mhz(from 1000mhz) on the core and to 1250mhz(from 1200mhz) on the memory without messing with voltage and fan speed set to auto.I've runned the furmark benchmark for about 30min the fps increased 6fps from stock speeds(from 38 to 44) and the gpu max temp was 78C and there wasn't no artifacts.Is 78C safe for this chip.if not what should I do?

If you have no artifacts, yes.

78 i think is ok for those AMD cards, i think they do run a bit hot but its fine. someone can confirm maybe ?

under 80c is pretty safe for Pitcairn but please do not use Furmark. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

8 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Why not?

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

4 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Why?

13 minutes ago, Toutou158 said:

Why?

Furmark stresses the GPU in a way where it heats up way more than you would see in common scenarios (mining, gaming, etc.).  Have you tried using different software to stress or bench your GPU?

[witty signature]