GTX 1070 not at full performance, HELP.

Go to solution Solved by NoRomanBatmansAllowed,
2 minutes ago, monster300mario said:

Thanks for the advice. I'll do it next time hahahahaa. Also do you recommend me to wait for the AMD Ryzen CPUs.

I think we all recommend it.

I recently bought a GTX 1070 and it's not running at its full potential. Novabench scores for the GPU it's at 330 to 400. Drivers seem to be okay. What do you think might be the problem? HELP!!!!

1 minute ago, monster300mario said:

I have an old AMD A10 7850k

That's why. That is a HUGEEE bottleneck, you need a new cpu (like i5-6600k at minimum) to gain the 1070's full performance.

very certain it's a big cpu bottleneck. you'll need at least an i5 for that 1070. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, monster300mario said:

That'll be bottlenecking your gpu. Try running benchmarks like firestrike from 3dmark. It has a section that tests just gpu, so you'll know if it's working properly with that. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

You got an A10 7850K and you got a GTX 1070.... Dude, do your research before buying stuff. The internet exists, you know?

4 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

That's why. That is a HUGEEE bottleneck, you need a new cpu (like i5-6600k at minimum) to gain the 1070's full performance.

hahahahahaa thanks bro, that was my guess. I think I will wait for the AMD Ryzen cpus.

hahahahahaa thanks bro, that was my guess. I thinks I will wait for the AMD Ryzen cpus.

Getting a R5 will be good.

3 minutes ago, YongKang said:

You got an A10 7850K and you got a GTX 1070.... Dude, do your research before buying stuff. The internet exists, you know?

Or maybe he wanted to upgrade gpu from an old or even integrated graphics first? 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Or maybe he wanted to upgrade gpu from an old or even integrated graphics first? 

I was going from a gtx 780 I got from ebay for 100 bucks because the fans didnt work. At least I can play without worrying that my PC is going to explode.

I was going from a gtx 780 I got from ebay for 100 bucks because the fans didnt work. At least I can play without worrying that my PC is going to explode.

Ask us before going out and buy stuff. We're here to help you FOR FREE!!!!! :D

2 minutes ago, YongKang said:

Ask us before going out and buy stuff. We're here to help you FOR FREE!!!!! :D

Thanks for the advice. I'll do it next time hahahahaa. Also do you recommend me to wait for the AMD Ryzen CPUs.

it's coming in only a week, might as well wait since your socket also has absolutely zero upgrade path

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I think we all recommend it.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Of course! Wait for the ryse of AMD! 

1 minute ago, YongKang said:

Of course! Wait for the ryse of AMD! 

hahahahaa OK

4 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

it's coming in only a week, might as well wait since your socket also has absolutely zero upgrade path

True hahahaha. I'll wait then. see what haopens :)