What is you favorite flavor of Linux?

Used to be gentoo at some point, but now it's Arch.. 

I try other distros from time to time, just to get a feel of how they work, Open Suse and Fedora feel too bloated for my taste for some reason, even with minimal installations I always end up feeling that package manager is bringing me down. Maybe the newer Fedora distros solved this though? I haven't tried a pure debian since 2002 maybe so no idea there, and ubuntu is OK i guess just not really something I would use daily since I kind of am addicated to the rolling releases (This also applies to Fedora I guess)

On 2/21/2017 at 10:36 PM, IreMinMon said:

I use Linux Mint, ended up working quite fine for me.
The laptop I'm using has some dandy internals. Mint being as bloated as it is ends up working well enough out of the box. I don't want to bother with network card after install.
I could suggest Manjaro though, it worked for me semi-well, the main issue for me was that when I had it installed, my bios was too old for the OS to handle. After I updated I installed mint directly. I do like some graphical tools mint has though.

I've only tried mint and it's great, tons of customization options and haven't experienced anything being slow except for boot (because it's on an old HDD as a secondary to windows)

I've been going back and forth on Fedora, Ubuntu, Archlinux and others, but I'd say Fedora has my preference. It's the first one I used back in 2007 and the one I'm currently on. Great compatibility, very frequent updates without the hassle of Ubuntu/Debian package management.

For servers I'd say CentOS over Debian for the same reasons.

[Insert smart comment here]

I have used Ubuntu with Unity and with gnome3, I have also used Arch, Mint, Debian, ElementaryOS, and Fedora. And I have found that I like the gnome3 desktop and right now I'm running fedora 25 and I like it so far

Don't mind me I'm not here....

I'm just using ubuntu 16.04 still. I actually really like the unity UI (one of the most ergonomic ui's there is for a laptop IMO), and I like the combination of stability/LTS + the ability to get rolling updates for just the kernel/graphics stack

Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 64 bit on a Dell Inspiron 2.5 year old dell inspion laptop and loving it. 

Lubuntu

It's meant for literal potatoes but I have it on both my Alienware laptop and my beast of a desktop.