HELP! Galaxy S7 vs Iphone 7 vs Oneplus 3T

Bradders

Looking to upgrade my 5s to a new phone. I can get the 3T for about $440 US (64 GB). S7 (32 GB) for about $295 and the iphone 7 not sure ( need to check, will update )

Im not too worried about battery. but id love something with a great camera for video and everything else, good audio.

Just want to see what your thoughts on these three phones are

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

S8 will come out soon. For Android the competition has caught up to the s7. I have s7 and I won't be upgrading this year but if I was I'd get a fairphone2 because it's more hackable and no peasants committed suicide in its manufacturing

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3t cheap for low budget- only 1080p display decent 

s7 one of the best android phone but s8 is coming out

i phone 7 is not worth getting in my opinion, only 768p display and no customization 

40 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

S8 will come out soon. For Android the competition has caught up to the s7. I have s7 and I won't be upgrading this year but if I was I'd get a fairphone2 because it's more hackable and no peasants committed suicide in its manufacturing

I dont like the s8 because of the home button, i prefer physical buttons on the front, also one of the reasons im not massively fond of the iphone 7

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

I got the S7 edge over the 37 and the iPhone 7 and I am very happy, battery lasts almost two days with light use, one full day watching videos and facebook, instagram,etc...

The camera is impressive and the screen beautiful

12 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I dont like the s8 because of the home button, i prefer physical buttons on the front, also one of the reasons im not massively fond of the iphone 7

Fingerprint on front is not great. Leaks show s8 has fingerprint on back which makes sense. Also s7 is way over priced compared to other phones. I still don't have nougat and given Samsung's release history nougat will be the last upgrade I am expecting to get. Look at the Zenfone if you like a noob product or fairphone2 if you care about shit

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Fingerprint on front is not great. Leaks show s8 has fingerprint on back which makes sense. Also s7 is way over priced compared to other phones. I still don't have nougat and given Samsung's release history nougat will be the last upgrade I am expecting to get. Look at the Zenfone if you like a noob product or fairphone2 if you care about shit

I agree about the pricing of the s7, but with my phone contract I will get it with 5.5GB of data for 50 USD a month which is pretty dam great

14 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

I got the S7 edge over the 37 and the iPhone 7 and I am very happy, battery lasts almost two days with light use, one full day watching videos and facebook, instagram,etc...

The camera is impressive and the screen beautiful

I have done experiments with GPS and network use and the s7 is very impressive on battery use and that is with a display that is twice the pixels of the phones I am comparing to

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

I agree about the pricing of the s7, but with my phone contract I will get it with 5.5GB of data for 50 USD a month which is pretty dam great

OK phone contracts are different. I actually bought out of mine coz I wasn't using the ridiculous data and other allowances. If you do need a contract get a iPhone coz it keeps its value and software support better than samsung

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

OK phone contracts are different. I actually bought out of mine coz I wasn't using the ridiculous data and other allowances. If you do need a contract get a iPhone coz it keeps its value and software support better than samsung

Value is fine, the contract is a return one, after two years i either return the phone and get a new one or cancel the contract and keep the phone

3 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Value is fine, the contract is a return one, after two years i either return the phone and get a new one or cancel the contract and keep the phone

Get the iPhone. Android is having fragmentation problems and then there's rumours about Andromeda/fuscia. Of course do not get iPhone if you want to experiment with VR coz the s7 is the min bar for mobile vr

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

On 2/17/2017 at 11:59 PM, Bradders said:

Looking to upgrade my 5s to a new phone. I can get the 3T for about $440 US (64 GB). S7 (32 GB) for about $295 and the iphone 7 not sure ( need to check, will update )

Im not too worried about battery. but id love something with a great camera for video and everything else, good audio.

If I were making the decision. I would choice the S7 Edge easily the best phone I have ever used. Amazing camera, Battery life, screen quality, expandable storage and quick charge what's not to like? However the S8 is around the corner.

That being said, I broke my S7 Edge and bought a One plus 3T a few weeks back because I did not want to buy the same phone I already owned if you know what I mean. Dash charging is awesome but the camera is underwhelming when compared to the S7.

As for the iPhone 7, I did have the iPhone 7 Plus for a few days before the 3T. But do to me being a long term Android user I just could not adjust at all so I returned it. So if your current eco system is on iOS, you might want to consider the difficultly to switch to Android.

If you're solely buying for the camera, you cannot go wrong with the S7 Edge or iPhone 7 but IMO, the S7 Edge camera is superior.

However, I do not recommend buying a new Android phone right now since Mobile World Conference is less than a week away. All Android companies will most likely be showing their new phones and the 3T and S7 are up for a new generation. Unless you buy an iPhone 7 then you'll be fine considering new iPhones seem to come out in September.

As for me buying the 3T I needed a new phone because my S7 was broken.

Cheers.

Only reason to get the 3T over the S7 is if you have a huge boner for DaydreamVR I never tried it but I doubt it is as good as the Gear VR, the S7 has significantly more pixels per inch so the screen looks better with VR anyway and in general use. 

S7:

Better camera

Better screen

Micro SD storage

More water-resistant

No stupid must send nudes to be able to buy the phone like OnePlus did in the past /s

3T:

Better hardware (but you won't be able to tell)

Cheaper?

I would say S7 now or wait 

s7 or iphone 7 unless you can wait until march/april when the new batch of phones release.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/02/2017 at 6:59 AM, Bradders said:

I pretty sure One Plus will realse a new phone for 2017 so you might aswell wait a bit for the OnePlus 4 or get 3T cheaper, same for Apple and Samsung so you might aswell wait a bit 'cos not many game changing features will come to the newer phones (well maybe the infinity display from samsung <3 ) but otherwise getting the Phones discount would be better or just the new generation. Other than that get a S7 if you need it now 'cos Apple will make the 7 Slower when the 7s or 8 come out.

• 4 weeks later...

S7 sure it's a bit slow then iPhone 7 but you prob won't see it unless ur Bench marking so s7 in my opinion 

On 2/18/2017 at 8:59 AM, Bradders said:

Yeah, iPhone 7 is a bit overpriced and stuff, but you pay for what you get. Consider s8, not s7, it's newer and better. I would buy an s7, or spend more on a better s8 

I can't speak from experience here for all of these, however I can say that I have the iPhone 7 and I really like it. My friend had the OnePlus One and loved it, so I assume the new one should be improved upon the basic model. As for the Samsung, I'm not generally a fan of their products, however the S7 was a step in the right direction and I actually kinda liked it. Hopefully the S8 builds on that (although we'll have to wait and see once more reviews start rolling out in the coming weeks).

S7 gets my vote. Its my current phone and I love it

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9