ELSA launches a single slot GTX1050Ti

14 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

What does the power limit of a PCIe slot has anything to do with the physical width of a video card? If current cards like the 1070 or 1080, can't be cooled by a single width cooler then water cool it.

MSI GTX 1080 EK Seahawk. A single slot video card, but that DVI port on the 2nd bracket, forces it as a dual slot card. If that DVI wasn't there, you'll have a true single slot card.

Saying the power limit doesnt matter just water cool it is just overall naive. im sure 95%+ of people who buy graphics cards dont put on a custom block and watercooling... so thats not how they should make all the cards.  

and again its very simple to self remove the DVI if your so worried about it needing to be single slot. Almost no one cares about that either. These companies sell to the Masses not to small niche markets 

45 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I think you can play far more games, I mean a mini-itx with one of these would still be superior to any console while being as close as possible to a console in mobility... we are just too used to go full high end and rock ultras and ends up neglecting these smart solutions for some other markets [:

Those card will have their place, but the way I see it, humans will always want more than, what they already have.

Imagine you have itx setup with a nice 60"+ screen in your living room. In that build you have a 7700k, 16gb of ram, 500gb ssd 2tb hdd and this gtx 1050ti.

During your build, you picked this cause your idea wasn't for gaming, it was mostly for entertainment, the card was just thrown in, for a bit of gaming on the side.  As time passed, you find yourself using the itx more and more, cause 60"+ screen, comfty couch, you want to play more games on it, now more demanding games like BF1. And with a 1050ti it's holding you back due to its weak performance. Now you're regretting about the purchase or it's time for a upgrade. Imo, a gtx 1060 would be the minimum for couch entertainment/gaming pc because it's offer more performance over cards at a lower tier and still has the capability to run demanding games.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

snip

I totally agree with you, however we must keep in mind that not everyone can afford better hardware, I think that someone using this would go with a locked i5 build, more balanced and budget orientated... Not every one is as demanding with their game quality as we are...

One way around it could be doing what I have done with my setup:

Spoiler

a1BnDYC.jpg

Organize your bedroom or living room in a way your desktop can work as your HTPC at the same time as your workstation so you do not need two rigs, I can do my college work and play first person shooters on the desk and watch movies animes and play third person games all on bed using a gamepad [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

20 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

A single 1070 or 1080 can fit into a Node 202, cause there are 2 i/o slots on the case.

Aaaaargh... 

I said into something thinner than a Node 202. And that wasnt even the point. You make no sense...  

22 hours ago, Sauron said:

Elsa?

Image result for elsa

Image result for gtx 1050ti

Darn, you beat me to it.

its been so long since elsa relased a card , holy fuck i want this 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

16 hours ago, DrMikeNZ said:

As far as I am aware that card only had the one DVI port. Although they could have just have easily made it single slot by not soldering the DVI port on and included a DP to DVI adapter in the box.

Yes, you're correct, the card only has 1 DVI port. I was thinking of their old ones that has two of them, it also had that 45 degree angled shape type of shield.

1 hour ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Just cut the 1 DVI off?  Feel like thats not a big deal at all for those who are going to custom watercool and such. Even linus has shown how to do this in a video before 

Most would rather not the risk of physical damaging of their cards.

1 hour ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Saying the power limit doesnt matter just water cool it is just overall naive. im sure 95%+ of people who buy graphics cards dont put on a custom block and watercooling... so thats not how they should make all the cards.  

and again its very simple to self remove the DVI if your so worried about it needing to be single slot. Almost no one cares about that either. These companies sell to the Masses not to small niche markets 

Most graphic that users buy for games uses extra power from the power supply. Why are you so worrying about the video card exceeding the 75w power limited produced by your PCIe x16 slot? Only card that can run at 75w without power is the GTX1050, but even some manufacture still add a 6-pin just in case, the 75w limit won't be able to handle it.

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

I totally agree with you, however we must keep in mind that not everyone can afford better hardware, I think that someone using this would go with a locked i5 build, more balanced and budget orientated... Not every one is as demanding with their game quality as we are...

One way around it could be doing what I have done with my setup:

Reveal hidden contents

a1BnDYC.jpg

Organize your bedroom or living room in a way your desktop can work as your HTPC at the same time as your workstation so you do not need two rigs, I can do my college work and play first person shooters on the desk and watch movies animes and play third person games all on bed using a gamepad [:

Yes, a more budget build will be better off like a entry level i5 and allocated as much as possible to the gpu, without sacrificing  other components. GTX1060 will eat a good chunk of the budget. A AMD RX graphic card will be the better option for budget builds.

RX470 4GB/8GB $154/$165

RX480 4GB/8GB $165/$204

GTX1060 3GB/6GB $180/$230

39 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Aaaaargh... 

I said into something thinner than a Node 202. And that wasnt even the point. You make no sense...  

Seems like there are some, who just can't grasp at the vast complexity of PC building. Being able to put parts together isn't enough. Need to know the physical standards of every components, that's going in that build, so it can be planned ahead of time, and not hit into road blocks, when actually building it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

21 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Yes, you're correct, the card only has 1 DVI port. I was thinking of their old ones that has two of them, it also had that 45 degree angled shape type of shield.

Most would rather not the risk of physical damaging of their cards.

Most graphic that users buy for games uses extra power from the power supply. Why are you so worrying about the video card exceeding the 75w power limited produced by your PCIe x16 slot? Only card that can run at 75w without power is the GTX1050, but even some manufacture still add a 6-pin just in case, the 75w limit won't be able to handle it.

If your worried about risking damage to a card why are you taking the stock cooler off and applying a custom block? Why are you running custom tubing that has the ability to leak water in the  computer?

The Power Limit that was spoke was not about the PCI slot  if you go back and read the first person that you replied to then i replied to you afterwards. It was pointed that 150W is too much to cool on a single slot  thats why all flagships are dual slots they need the space for the dissapation. older flagship single slot cards had much lower TDP then some of the last few years. 

On 2/17/2017 at 11:53 AM, NumLock21 said:

The reason why some will want to water cool their cards.

Nobody made this card with water cooling in mind. It's useful for business or education systems that need graphics cards and would benefit by way of space or odd case design to have a single slot card. There is already a dual slot low profile one that makes more sense in other scenarios as well.

If any consumer wants to water cool their components, they didn't buy this card. It's just that simple. This is like criticizing a quadro or titan for low cost efficiency for gaming applications. Those cards are not made for gaming just like this one is not made for watercooling or most diy pc builders. In the end I would encourage niche products like this and the low form factor 1050ti because they open up the possibilities in low end and small form factor builds a little bit. Not everyone is going to like them or buy them, but it exists because somebody has demand for it.

1 hour ago, Soonercoop21 said:

snip

As someone has mentioned before, a single slot air cooling solution won't be enough for a high end graphic card. If a single slot air cooling solution isn't up to the task, then what will be the best alternative? The alternative would be to run water cooling. That MSI GTX 1080 Seahawk EK a few post up in the previous page, has the EK waterblock preinstalled. No one remove the stock cooling and added that themselves. A entry card like a GTX1050Ti don't need water cooling. It seem the majority of the replies here, just can see things from a different perspective.

Don't know if it's necessary to explain it in detail or something...

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

This is vapourware bullshit like their identical 750ti.

Does not exist outside Japan, and no you can't get it from Japan either. Thread is pointless.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I never tought my mother had invented or even could invent such a small GTX 1050 Ti... Gonna ask her asap to show me the 1080 Ti in a small form factor :P

Groomlake Authority

On 17/02/2017 at 7:19 PM, Bcat00 said:

Ditto, would love a GPU with a cooler the strength of the Noctua NH-D15. Never understood why there isn't one on the market. Most people never even use their pci slots other than the one for the GPU anyways.

Those exist tho. There's the zotac 3 slot. However, unless you're On OC it's useless, and it's not like they can't make different products at the same time. 

- snip-