Best air cooler for i7 7700k

Nets

Hello! 

As topic says i want the best air cooler to replace my old coolermaster 212x. Not because i need it but becausa i want something better ans lower my highest temps from 85ºC  @4.8ghz overclock.

Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Nets said:

Hello! 

As topic says i want the best air cooler to replace my old coolermaster 212x. Not because i need it but becausa i want something better ans lower my highest temps from 85ºC  @4.8ghz overclock.

Thanks 

Noctua DH 15, Cryorig R1 Ultimate or Be Quiet! Dar Rock Pro 3. Those are currently the best air coolers available.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

12 minutes ago, Nets said:

Hello! 

Thanks 

This really depends on what you're looking for.

Do you want a big or a small cooler, do you want a quiet or a raw performance cooler?

Also how much room does your case have?

Heres some of my suggestions:

• Noctua NH-D14
  • be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
  • Cryorig R1 Ultimate
  • be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
  • Cryorig C1

If you are worried about RAM clearance Cryorig has a variant of the R1 with smaller fans to be compatible with RAM with any size heatspreader

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

12 minutes ago, vong said:

Noctua DH 15, Cryorig R1 Ultimate or Be Quiet! Dar Rock Pro 3. Those are currently the best air coolers available.

Add Scythe Fuma if available, trading blows with the Noctua but for a way better price. So if available suggest that, but any of the other 3 mentioned also are excellent.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

well my case is nzxt h440, and i dont plan go over 4.8ghz on cpu, is just to lower the max temps, my favourite from you guys was cryorig R1 ultimate but i will check if its better than DH 15.

Anyway just a little question is the noctua NH-U14S any good ? or wil do better job than my coolermaster 212x ?  since is smaller would give me a better looking.

4 hours ago, Gonio said:

Add Scythe Fuma if available, trading blows with the Noctua but for a way better price. So if available suggest that, but any of the other 3 mentioned also are excellent.

I've heard about the Scythe, just didn't mention it because of availabilty I guess.

4 hours ago, Nets said:

well my case is nzxt h440, and i dont plan go over 4.8ghz on cpu, is just to lower the max temps, my favourite from you guys was cryorig R1 ultimate but i will check if its better than DH 15.

R1 and DH 15 are only a few degrees difference. I've got an R1 ultimate and it's serving me very well.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Well first i thank you all for the help, i pick noctua nh-d15, was in promo and also the only i could find near me... 

And so far i couldnt be happyer... Almost a 20ºC drop... far better than some corsair and nzxt aio's some friends have...

Jup, AIO's are not automatically also better then air unless you get into the higher end variants where you can actually make use of the better potential for a huge price increase.

Have fun :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

On 2/17/2017 at 4:17 AM, Mantix said:

Heres some of my suggestions:

• Noctua NH-D14
  • be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
  • Cryorig R1 Ultimate
  • be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
  • Cryorig C1

The SRLP and C1 are both downgrades from the 212x.

On 2/17/2017 at 4:58 AM, Nets said:

Anyway just a little question is the noctua NH-U14S any good ? or wil do better job than my coolermaster 212x ?  since is smaller would give me a better looking.

The NH-U14S is excellent and arguably the best all-around air cooler due to its ease of installation and form factor. It's a good upgrade from the 212x and not far from the large dual tower heatsinks in performance.

On 2/17/2017 at 9:13 AM, vong said:

R1 and DH 15 are only a few degrees difference. I've got an R1 ultimate and it's serving me very well.

I wouldn't even say a few--they perform very similarly.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

I wouldn't even say a few--they perform very similarly.

Agreed. I personally think 2c difference is within margin of Error IMO... The R1 only wins in my book because of how easy to install it is compared ot the DRP3.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card