Razer anounces the new new new new NEW Razer Blade with Kaby Lake and 4K display options

Lillchillers

Hi!

So the new razer blade 1060 is here (omg what a original name) 

Whats new?

- kabylake 7:th gen cpu

- 2400mhz ram

- 4K UHD option

- smaller bezels?

Here have sneak peak:

6 minutes ago, Lillchillers said:

new razer blade 1060 is here (omg what a original name) 

Actually its still just called the "Razer Blade" by Razer.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

razerblade+ a bit thicker with more battery life and no heating issue + better customer support and quality control + a good skin to cover up the gamery look= best laptop 

Great, the world's worst laptop is back on sale. 

- Thermal throttling

- U series processor

- Overpriced as fuck

- Horrid support

- A 12 year old's wet dream (if they can even have those?)

idk

14 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

- Thermal throttling

- U series processor

- Overpriced as fuck

- Horrid support

I Think your a bit over dramatic jealous much that you cant afford it?

It does not have a U Processor and  if you dont know that how do you have such a definitive answer of how its the worst laptop? Your just as bad as the 12 year olds you say want it and the many people imo who but it just because its branding & RGB

It has the below nothing close to a dual core 15watt chip. 

Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad-Core Processor with Hyper-Threading 2.8GHz / 3.8GHz (Base/Turbo)

It does have its own problems but you also cant deny it also sticks out with positives as well. 

4 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

I Think your a bit over dramatic jealous much that you cant afford it?

It does not have a U Processor and  if you dont know that how do you have such a definitive answer of how its the worst laptop? Your just as bad as the 12 year olds you say want it and the many people imo who but it just because its branding & RGB

It has the below nothing close to a dual core 15watt chip. 

Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad-Core Processor with Hyper-Threading 2.8GHz / 3.8GHz (Base/Turbo)

It does have its own problems but you also cant deny it also sticks out with positives as well. 

Not really jealous.. just a bad machine. All the last generations have thermal throttling issues. Last year's model was literally fixed by capping the CPU TDP to 35 from 45. Their support is god-awful and people are now having issues with the older models having the VRMs wear out - Razer can't solve it, but one enthusiast from the UK can. 

I'll keep my EliteBook, thanks. 

idk

*waits for the day Razer stops triggering OCD and makes back logo RGB as well* 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

They should name it Razer Blade Q1 2017 edition

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I dont want 0.7inches. I want 0.75 inches so the cooling is better, and a 1080p touchscreen. Why is that so hard. Ugh.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Awesome, finally fixing some issues. I don't care that it's hot, it's worth it for the size. Loving the smaller bezels, and the Kabylake processor should help it's iffy battery life. My only concern is display ratio, hopefully they go 16:10 this time, 16:9 is really not nice on a laptop.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

It's pretty solid I guess, would get larger one if I'd buy one though.

Still pricey.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Droidbot said:

- Thermal throttling

- U series processor

- Overpriced as fuck

- Horrid support

Their 2016 model post UFEI update doesn't suffer from throttling, at least per the notebookcheck review.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Those bezels are not small lmao

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

3 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

razerblade+ a bit thicker with more battery life and no heating issue + better customer support and quality control + a good skin to cover up the gamery look= best laptop 

Nice profile pic fam

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

3 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

I dont want 0.7inches. I want 0.75 inches so the cooling is better, and a 1080p touchscreen. Why is that so hard. Ugh.

agree and disagree, a bit thicker would totally be fine by me, BUT PLEASEEEEE just leave the matte screen option. That and left and right click.

If they made the bezels smaller I wonder how they're gonna account for that. Are they going to make the screen size slightly larger, or are they going to make the body of the laptop smaller.

19 minutes ago, bobhays said:

agree and disagree, a bit thicker would totally be fine by me, BUT PLEASEEEEE just leave the matte screen option. That and left and right click.

If they made the bezels smaller I wonder how they're gonna account for that. Are they going to make the screen size slightly larger, or are they going to make the body of the laptop smaller.

Just give us options! There are virtually no 14->17" 1080p touchscreens I've seen, they're all either 4k or they're 10-13" like the Surface or various Ultrabooks. Also, they need to get their Gsync game on. Its a 3k gaming laptop for god's sake and the blur (from reviews) is insane.

As long as it's under 2.5cm it's thin enough for basically all gamers tastes we don't need a MacBook-level of thin devices, we actually want ethernet ports.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

5 minutes ago, ElfenSky said:

Just give us options! There are virtually no 14->17" 1080p touchscreens I've seen, they're all either 4k or they're 10-13" like the Surface or various Ultrabooks. Also, they need to get their Gsync game on. Its a 3k gaming laptop for god's sake and the blur (from reviews) is insane.

As long as it's under 2.5cm it's thin enough for basically all gamers tastes we don't need a MacBook-level of thin devices, we actually want ethernet ports.

Can you just set the 4k screen to 1080p? I know it's a waste but wouldn't it work exactly the same? I don't mind them adding a 1080p touch screen either it's just hard to find great laptops and even harder to find ones with matte screens. A glossy screen will turn me off from basically any laptop, glare is a huge problem for me.

Was it really worth the refresh Razer? why not save the RnD money and spend it on building something that actually is innovative. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyCorporalTech said:

Was it really worth the refresh Razer? why not save the RnD money and spend it on building something that actually is innovative. 

Just curious what would you like to see?

Some ideas:

dual m.2 slots for raid support,

even smaller bezels, similar to what is on the Dell XPS 13,

1080p display with a touchscreen, I know many people like the anti reflective coating so maybe a touchscreen that is also anti-reflective.

Make the product a bit thicker so that you can add a larger battery and better cooling. 

Also it would be nice to see a slight design refresh, nothing too major, but really this design is really aging. 

Oh, and also, lower the cost some more.

Do you have any other suggestions?

2 minutes ago, JohnnyCorporalTech said:

Some ideas:

dual m.2 slots for raid support,

even smaller bezels, similar to what is on the Dell XPS 13,

1080p display with a touchscreen, I know many people like the anti reflective coating so maybe a touchscreen that is also anti-reflective.

Make the product a bit thicker so that you can add a larger battery and better cooling. 

Also it would be nice to see a slight design refresh, nothing too major, but really this design is really aging. 

Oh, and also, lower the cost some more.

Do you have any other suggestions?

I wouldn't mind those upgrades as long as they don't mess up anything they already have, (great keyboard, trackpad, and speakers). Smaller bezels are great but please keep the webcam at the top even if it means the top is slightly thicker.

Personally I'd rather not see a design refresh because I think it's far easier to mess it up than make it better. I'd suggest just making it slightly thicker for upgradeable SSD's, battery, and cooling.

I haven't seen the new bezels in person so I can't comment on whether I'd like it to be even smaller or if it's fine the way they are.

Another idea would be to add g sync support to the monitor, and also make the metal finish less fingerprint prone, perhaps take a cue from the iPhone 7's mat black colour. 

One other thing that would improve the usability of the device tenfold would be to design some new fans that are quieter, maybe with the help from the likes of Noctua or Corsair. There are some amazing new technologies that could improve acoustics, such as using corsairs Magnetic levitation technology, although i am not sure weather it would be possible at this time to make them thin enough to fit in a laptop form factor. 

If thermal limits would allow, it would be great if they could upgrade to the i7 7820hq, along with a 32 gb ram option for professionals then this would even make this product desirable for enterprise and business use. The reason for the upgrade to the 7820 is so that it allows support for enterprise grade stuff such as trusted execution and Vpro, but i also understand that because they are primarily a gaming focused company, why they may not want to focus on business use.