Microsoft's Forza is now a $1 Billion USD game franchise

AlTech

Microsoft's Forza franchise, the racing franchise traditionally on Xbox consoles and more recently PC, has sold over $ 1 Billion in retail sales.

Forza is currently a Microsoft Exclusive and is only on Xbox and Windows 10. Recent titles include: Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Motosport 6: Apex.

Microsoft is quite happy with these sales figures and has offered more figures regarding Forza:

As of December, more than 14 million unique players were involved in the Forza community on Xbox One and Windows 10, the award-winning Forza Horizon 3 sold through 2.5 million units, and Forza continued its run as the best-selling racing franchise of this console generation.* Additionally, our online racing community expanded significantly: over three million players joined us online each month and we launched the Forza Racing Championship, an eSports league for players of all skill levels to compete for glory and real-world prizes

Awesome stuff. I will confess that I haven't played a Forza game in a while but some day when I have free time then I'll go and try out the Free To Play  Forza Motorsport 6: Apex.

Forza is a pretty good racing car game series and so i'm happy they're selling well.

http://www.windowscentral.com/forza-franchise-crosses-whopping-1-billion-retail-sales

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

About time. I mean, the franchise already has like 8/9 games...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I dont understand, it was the worst port i had ever tried..

3 minutes ago, Pheelo said:

I dont understand, it was the worst port i had ever tried..

What issues did you have? I have FH3 and never had any major issues.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I have never played a Forza game, but glad Microsoft has a success.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I've been playing Forza Horizon 3 and its really good. I bought the digital version so I could play it on my PC last night. 60FPS on that game is a glorious thing.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Forza has always been nice. I have fond memories of the first one on the OG Xbox. And Forza 6 is also sweet!

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

5 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

FH3 was a train wreck for me.

The game did not launch if you had Avast installed, you had to completely uninstall it, not disable it, uninstall.

The game had pretty bad FPS and stuttering for the first few months.

Navigating the upgrades menu, especially rims, took forever because the game lagged so bad in the menu (the game was trying to calculate  0-60. 1/4 mile, accel and such when looking at each item).

58 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

FH3 was a train wreck for me.

The game did not launch if you had Avast installed, you had to completely uninstall it, not disable it, uninstall.

The game had pretty bad FPS and stuttering for the first few months.

Navigating the upgrades menu, especially rims, took forever because the game lagged so bad in the menu (the game was trying to calculate  0-60. 1/4 mile, accel and such when looking at each item).

The only one of those I've experienced is the lag when changing wheels, but when I'm screwing around in menus and tuning it doesn't bother me.  Games runs nice and smooth when I'm actually driving, even on a computer that's way too old for that game.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

13 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

It's not that bad, It has scaling issues with older hardware but you also must remember that this game was originally designed to run capped at 30.

23 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

I remember it using 16 GB of ram.

1 minute ago, Pheelo said:

I remember it using 16 GB of ram.

That is a lot, I never noticed but I do have 32GB so I never felt a lack of RAM.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

On 2/14/2017 at 8:37 PM, Prysin said:

It's about as impressive as finding out mice can fart

pretty damn impressive!