Help! Computer turning on but no imagery or any beeps

AvilioTesta

Hello!

I built my first PC a while ago and it was running swimmingly. I played multiple games like Watch Dogs, CS:GO, Dota 2 and so on. Most games weren't that hardware demanding. I even streamed a few times and it was fairly decent. But one day there was an update for Dota 2 and since it was 3GB I had to leave it downloading and left. After my school session I went on my computer to enjoy the day only to find out that it was frozen.

This never happened since I built the computer. I tried to turn it off manually but it didn't work so I turned the power supply switch off. After waiting for a while I tried to turn it back on but it showed nothing on the screen and the beep it used to give was nowhere to be heard.

I have 2x 4GB Crucial Ballistix RAM

2x Seagate 2TB HDD

1x GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P (rev 2.0) MOTHERBOARD

1x GIGABYTE R9 380X GRAPHICS CARD

1x AMD FX-6350

All this running on 500w EVGA Power Supply.

I had a feeling it may be the power supply, so I went to the coolermaster power supply calculator and the results were 465w, 515w needed. But when I try to turn the computer on the power supply fan is working so I assumed it wasn't the power supply. Then again nothing is burnt or damaged when I inspect visually.

Please Help! Thanks!

Just because some of the items are working does NOT mean the power supply isn't bad. A power supply tester only tests voltage at no load it does not put a load on the system. Better to test the system with a "known good" power supply

I'm afraid your going to have to do the whole trouble shooting thing.

Try the first post here

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"