SMB multi share issues

jooroth18

Hi, im new to the SMB share thing, i've been using filezilla ftp for awhile since my network setup couldn't handle SMB at the time. Im trying to figure out how to set up multiple SMB shares with different usernames and passwords from one server (windows server 2008 enterprise) (long story how I obtained that copy instead of home server key). I tried setting up multiple admin accounts in the server then setting up separate shares within each account but no luck. Im sure it is possible but don't know how.

SMB shares have their own permissions that are per-account. You modify this in the settings for the share. Also, the underlying NTFS permissions will also apply - and the more restrictive of the two in any situation will apply.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

6 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

Not really,

Server manager is completely different in 2k8.

2k12 also supports a heck of a lot more features.

Easiest thing for op will be to right click to folder he wants to share, make sure share permissions are set to full and then use NTFS permissions to set ACL's.

When it asks for username and password (assuming no AD here) he just needs to enter: [fileserverhostname]\[user] as username and password.