Why Aren't IO shields attached on the motherboard by Default???

I've always wondered this... It would save so much hassle to have it on the motherboard by default...

good idea, they have the same size anyway

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD

now that I think of it, yeah it kinda are difficult to install, there are motherboard with IO shield on it but the outer layer(the one with lock) is still separate

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD

4 minutes ago, elkenrod said:

It would make installation considerably more annoying.

I don't see how. Either way, it would be nice to have the option to securely pre-attach the I/O shield to the board for those who can benefit from it.

They are now :)

Image result for asus io shield attached

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The IO shield slot isn't always exactly the right size. In a couple of cases I've built in, the slot is just slightly smaller than the shield. I had to hit the corner in with the end of a screwdriver. 

My two PCs dont have IO plates. Both used boards, and I cant justify buying replacements.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

3 hours ago, RektSkrubs said:

I've always wondered this... It would save so much hassle to have it on the motherboard by default...

It's attached on my Asus ROG Maximus IX Formula.  This is the second gen that Asus has done this with.  The first was the RVE10 for x99.

Why don't they all just start doing this? Isn't it a simple concept? I haven't seen any good reasons why it wouldn't be possible.