Google may start a purge on the Play Store

suicidalfranco

shutterstock_421580575-796x398.jpg

In what may sound as an impressive move, Google may attempt to purge the play store and remove all apps that don't include a privacy policy. Words from the rumour mill say (dash of salt here) that Google has sent email to app developers that don't have a privacy policy that their apps will be removed if they don't add one by mid march 2017. Such move may end up removing from the store a boat load of filler apps, abandoned apps and  amateur apps.

According to Google's User Data policy:

developers must be "transparent" in how they collect and handle user data, and if an app handles personal or sensitive information, developers are bound by even more restrictions.

Not only does Google require that app data policies are displayed clearly where users can read them, but they must be posted in both a designated field in the Play Developer Console and from within the Play-distributed app itself.

Sensitive information must also be handled securely using modern cryptography, such as over HTTPS.

Great news if you ask me.

source: http://www.zdnet.com/article/google-plans-purge-of-play-store-apps-without-privacy-policies/

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Nice. They didn't have to do this so good on them.

Yeah I think that they do need to do this because the quality of apps on the play store compared to the app store is miles worse.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

1 minute ago, NuroKnight said:

Yeah I think that they do need to do this because the quality of apps on the play store compared to the app store is miles worse.

The app store has an entry fee.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

25 minutes ago, Sauron said:

The app store has an entry fee.

I might be wrong about this but Play store has one as well.

The difference being Play store charging 25$ once while App Store is charging 99$ every year.

Edited by AG1233

17 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

The difference being Play store charging 25$ once while App Store is charging 99$ every year.

That's possible, haven't checked recently. Still, 99 bucks a year is pretty expensive for someone to sell a half-arsed product on there

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

31 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Must only apply to America 

No? I payed 25 USD for the Play Store, and 99/year for the Appstore, in Paraguay, so I guess is worldwide. 

That's good, now with adds too.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I've been looking for a decent Android game in the Play store for the past few days, and haven't found one. All of the good and decent games on Android are actually old PC and console games that have been ported to Android. Android's homegrown games represent the crappiest crapload of crap to have ever been crapped out of crap. I'm not sure I would even call the majority of them games. They're more like marginally-interactive presentations of low-quality and tasteless amateur art.

I hope this cleansing will remove a lot of them.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 hour ago, Delicieuxz said:

I've been looking for a decent Android game in the Play store for the past few days, and haven't found one. All of the good and decent games on Android are actually old PC and console games that have been ported to Android. Android's homegrown games represent the crappiest crapload of crap to have ever been crapped out of crap. I'm not sure I would even call the majority of them games. They're more like marginally-interactive presentations of low-quality and tasteless amateur art.

I hope this cleansing will remove a lot of them.

There are a couple gems (the Riptide series), but otherwise I agree with both the Play Store and the App Store.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 hours ago, AG1233 said:

5 hours ago, Prysin said:

Must only apply to America 

4 hours ago, JoseGuya said:

No? I payed 25 USD for the Play Store, and 99/year for the Appstore, in Paraguay, so I guess is worldwide. 

That's weird, I've had dozens of Android phones and never paid for play store access. 

19 minutes ago, ace_cheaply said:

That's weird, I've had dozens of Android phones and never paid for play store access. 

They meant the fee for developers to submit apps.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

17 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

They meant the fee for developers to submit apps.

Oh, I see.  Makes sense then. 

still going to use f-droid though 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Wooho, thats a really great move and only ensures security on android devices in general. If it is an actual move and is intended to rollout on a continuous and large scale over a few months, then both Apple app store and Google play store will be evenly matched in terms of security fulfillment.

Groomlake Authority

Good finally 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Google: "You most disclose privacy policies fully, this is our platform we're the only ones allowed to steal and sell user information without consent!"

Yeah how about you curate some shit or remove blatant piracy first you fucking cunts.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 2/13/2017 at 4:00 AM, Prysin said:

I didn't get charged. I live in Norway 

Your profile picture is perfect for this comment