6800K or new Skylake X?

I recently started thinking about updating my PC, I use it for gaming, Twitch and Youtube streaming, and video editing, so obviously intel extreme cpu came to my mind. 
I currently have i7 4790, 16gb 1600mhz and a G1 Sniper B6 mobo
I started checking for good deals on 6800K with X99 mobo and some DDR4 ram and the prices are relatively high (even tho I can get the cpu cheap from a friend who works at intel) 

now I saw some articles about the new X299 chipset that should arrive later this year, and I started doubting my decision to get 6800K , my friends told me that entry cpu for the Skylake X cpu will not perfrom MUCH better than the 6800K, but I dont care about too much. 

given that money IS a factor (but not by much) and I dont expect a BIG difference in performance anyways, should I wait for new X299 or get X99 with 6800K on a discount?

I'd say discounted 6800K to be honest, but it depends what the Skylake has and what the Kabylake hasn't, but if you are prepared to wait, X299 is better for trying to futureproof your build.

Can you wait a bit or do you need it soon, we know ryzen is comming out in a month and a bit and there might be a better performer than the 6800 for a similar price for all we know.

If you need it now get the 6800, if you can wait for a long time see what the x299 platform(going to assume i7 7800k) is going to give compared to the other 2 options

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Might be the first time Intel and AMD are working on the same size process. Intel has clearly been shifting their focus away from desktops over the last 5 years, while AMD has been working on a CPU to target high end desktop for the last 6 years and their efforts will finally materialize in less than a month. If you won't consider Ryzen, you lie and you don't care about money. We haven't seen third party benchmarks but a sub $500 underclocked Ryzen chip is outperforming a $1,100 Intel chip in AMD benchmarks. If you care about money, you have to take that type of thing into account. Maybe it was manipulated and real world performance won't match that, but there is also a possibility that it wasn't.

41 minutes ago, atavax said:

Might be the first time Intel and AMD are working on the same size process. Intel has clearly been shifting their focus away from desktops over the last 5 years, while AMD has been working on a CPU to target high end desktop for the last 6 years and their efforts will finally materialize in less than a month. If you won't consider Ryzen, you lie and you don't care about money. We haven't seen third party benchmarks but a sub $500 underclocked Ryzen chip is outperforming a $1,100 Intel chip in AMD benchmarks. If you care about money, you have to take that type of thing into account. Maybe it was manipulated and real world performance won't match that, but there is also a possibility that it wasn't.

I will have to see with my own 2 eyes that a Ryzen CPU that cost half as much as intel one, will perfrom even similar to it, to consider it
even if so, its mostly comes down to the features that I gain or lose from getting a Ryzen platform or Intel plaftorm, things such as thunderbolt...

2 hours ago, hardwareaddicts said:

call me a hater or a fanboy, but I'd buy a macbook before I'd get a Ryzen

Fanboy!

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB