Superbowl LI Ad from Google made a frenzy on those customers who already owned the Google Home system

#FirstWorldProblemYo

google-home-laughing-750x400.png

System which is a part of IOT made a bit frenzy during the Advertisement spot segment for some folks, which google had on their product "Google Home" , The system responded to the trigger voice command from the television "OK Google" & tried to respond to the following command following the ad transmission,  Google Home is a voice activated speaker powered by the Google Assistant which always listens , which made this a mini chaos to those users who had it in a hearing range to the television

the spot featured over and over again,  people uttering its popular wake word, “OK Google”  made the device wake & respond abruptly, The  home system is dormant until a user calls out . Then they perform any number of functions from playing a musical selection to turning on or off the lights.

Some users reporting that the system didn't recognize the command & responded " sorry, I don’t understand "

#OkayDad, More Money

During the ad, Google displayed several ways in which users can ask the device everyday questions. Inquiries such as “turn up the music” or “what’s a good substitute for cardamom” were shown off with the Home quickly answering back by either speaking to the owner or executing the desired action. On the other side of the TV screen, users say their Home device didn’t exactly react in a similar way with one Twitter user saying it responded back with, “sorry, I don’t understand.” While the Home picked up its wake word with ease, it appears it isn’t as up to snuff taking orders as the advertisement let on — orders given via TV transmission, at least.

Google hasn't yet commented on this mild hiccup , but no harm done.

Sources :

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/google-home-super-bowl-ad/

Plus others

Jump into the comments section down there...

lady-gaga-superbowl-jump-gif.gif?w=620&h

Details separate people.

I am surprised it does have person voice recognition. Like in Windows 10 Cortana, you can have it train to only listen to your voice. I never tried it, but I am surprised that Google Home doesn't have this. I would expect it to support multiple voices (say your family)  and avoid this problem.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I am surprised it does have person voice recognition. Like in Windows 10 Cortana, you can have it train to only listen to your voice. I never tried it, but I am surprised that Google Home doesn't have this. I would expect it to support multiple voices (say your family)  and avoid this problem.

Cortana mistakes me mid game saying "Katana" and turns on by herself and exiting me from the game

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I always thought audio produced by speakers had a different sound signature to one that was spoken by a person.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

LOL.

This is why I don't like the idea of a "home assistant". Manual input methods may seem outdated, but the truth is they are far, FAR more reliable than any overcomplicated "user friendly" amenity. The golden rule of engineering is "Keep It Simple, Stupid". Same goes for all voice recognition and gestures (on desktops and laptops) - if you can do it faster and more reliably with a keyboard there's a fundamental UI design flaw.

Of course, this could be easily fixed avoided by changing the activation phrase, but that's just a half solution to a full problem - which is that the whole idea is botched.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Cortana mistakes me mid game saying "Katana" and turns on by herself and exiting me from the game

Now I have to know which game has you yelling "Katana"

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Now I have to know which game has you yelling "Katana"

Left 4 Dead 2

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Of course, this could be easily fixed avoided by changing the activation phrase, but that's just a half solution to a full problem - which is that the whole idea is botched.

Change it to Hey Siri?

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Change it to Hey Siri?

That would break the matrix I think

10 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I always thought audio produced by speakers had a different sound signature to one that was spoken by a person.

But your own voice has different signatures based on your mood and distance from the device, let alone the voice of those around you who by design are still supposed to be able to use the damn thing. To work properly it has to allow quite a bit of variation. Signal theory is a fascinating and complex branch of mathematics but it's pretty much completely based on statistics - you are always going to end up with some amount of unpredictable behavior.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

18 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

It's supposed to have it like the Android phones that have Google Now/Google Assistant, but Google can do no wrong so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'd be nice if you could program your own hotword but like I said...

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

It'd be nice if you could program your own hotword but like I said...

Logic? In technology? This is madness!!!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I recall someone (I think it was Leo Laporte or one of his guests or cohosts) mentioning recently that Amazon had encountered the exact same problem with their radio ads, but they solved it.  Leaving out a specific sound frequency in the name made no difference to the human ear but prevented the device from recognizing its name when it was said in the ad.

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Logic? In technology? This is madness!!!

Google Home is about the most useless smart hub. We have one in the office here and it can't even take reminders yet - the things it does do are useless, so you're better off with Alexa or something else. I said this before, but I bet you Google will drop the Google Home and come out with a different smart hub product entirely.

1984-big-brother.jpg

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

2 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

No shit. Get that spam outta here. It's not even relevant in this thread.

i think he meant the 'always on' listening feature is used as a voice tap by the NSA/Feds ets

Details separate people.

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Like in Windows 10 Cortana, you can have it train to only listen to your voice. I never tried it, but I am surprised that Google Home doesn't have this.

I tried it. Some friends and I decided to test it out by saying "Hey Cortana" to our laptops and seeing how many responded.

Spoiler: Every laptop responded, even with the "Try to respond to only me" option enabled.

Didn't something similar to this happen to Xbone with Kinect? Meh Super Bowl is only once a year anyway.

Funny.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

This reminds me of the story my professor was telling us about. Apparently Alexa was mistaking normal conversation for commands and was placing orders to be delivered. Then when it was reported on the radio and TV, it caused more issues.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

This reminds me of the story my professor was telling us about. Apparently Alexa was mistaking normal conversation for commands and was placing orders to be delivered. Then when it was reported on the radio and TV, it caused more issues.

Does Amazon have their Trojan button thing, yet?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

11 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

This is madness!!!

Madness?

This-is-SPARTA-sparta-remixes-12260301-506-346.jpg

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Google tends to never finish their projects...

#annotationsonyoutubemobile