Which is better Asrock Or Msi Motherboards?

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
10 minutes ago, Nagisa Shiota said:

Well the motherboards i have been eying on between these two is msi b250m bazooka and from asrock is Asrock B250M Pro4-N soo which is better between the two ?  

In terms of performance, they're pretty much the same. Personally, I would lean towards the ASRock B250M Pro4 due to the slightly better connectivity (mainly the dual M.2 slots for me) 

EDIT: Looks like the ASRock has a better power delivery system actually, so I'd definitely go for the ASRock board, seems like a better choice. It also at least has some cooling for the power delivery, even if it's only a small heatsink. 

Hii all iam still bothered that which is better should i go for the asrock or msi mother board ? which is the best and for long term thanks !

And this is my first time building a pc going from laptop to desktop.

My specs what i have in mind 
I7-7500
Asus Strix Gtx 1070 Oc 
G.skill Ripjaws V 8gb DDR4 2400
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb 7200rpm
Seasonic S12II 620W 80 Plus Bronze
ThermalTake Versa H15 Windowed

Well the motherboards i have been eying on between these two is msi b250m bazooka and from asrock is Asrock B250M Pro4-N soo which is better between the two ?  

Nagisa... Wow. Really? I prefer Karma. But all I know is that Msi has a great RMA system, unless the pins are bent they will give you a refurbished board within like one or two days of getting yours. I sent it in on Monday, got it Friday. I even put in the wrong motherboard on info, they checked it, and gave me the right mobo back and didn't care that I put the wrong stuff in on accident. Actually, I even had bent pins on the mobo I sent in, it was barely bent and it was 3 pins and dram was detected. I'd prefer MSI, only cause of their RMA service. I've used both manufacturers, and they're both equally good, in terms of those boards, I think the Asrock may be better, although I was too lazy to look up those boards. Asrock tends to make better low end boards.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

On average, each manufacturer cheaps out in a specific area more often than not. What they cheap out on is hard to determine, so it's mostly hearsay, but....

ASRock tends to cheap out on marketing and their website (generally things that involve communication with the customer). As opposed to the actual boards themselves.

MSI tends to cheap out on power delivery. The worst possible thing to cheap out on.

YMMV, but ASRock is more reliable in my experience and what I've heard from friends' experiences.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

10 minutes ago, Nagisa Shiota said:

In terms of performance, they're pretty much the same. Personally, I would lean towards the ASRock B250M Pro4 due to the slightly better connectivity (mainly the dual M.2 slots for me) 

EDIT: Looks like the ASRock has a better power delivery system actually, so I'd definitely go for the ASRock board, seems like a better choice. It also at least has some cooling for the power delivery, even if it's only a small heatsink. 

9 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The Msi RMA service is far superior, but Msi boards do fail more often.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Ashiella said:

The Msi RMA service is far superior, but Msi boards do fail more often.

Never used MSI's RMA service, so I can't really say much about it (haven't used ASRock's either, mind you). I've only used Corsair and Acer's RMA services. Corsair is fantastic and Acer is terrible (I gave up with Acer's service and just bought a new monitor). 

Bear in mind the RMA service changes in different countries, either for better or worse. I've heard people complain about Corsair's RMA services in the US and some places in Europe, but here in the UK it is great. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Never used MSI's RMA service, so I can't really say much about it (haven't used ASRock's either, mind you). I've only used Corsair and Acer's RMA services. Corsair is fantastic and Acer is terrible (I gave up with Acer's service and just bought a new monitor). 

Bear in mind the RMA service changes in different countries, either for better or worse. I've heard people complain about Corsair's RMA services in the US and some places in Europe, but here in the UK it is great. 

Fuck, I live in Murica and I need to RMA an h100i v2 cuz pump failure.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

On a general basis, I'd attest to AsRock boards almost always being better than MSi ones at low budget tiers, and them being more equal the higher tier you go.

Like, AsRock's specialty is making the (usually) best bang-for-buck entry-level overclocking boards. If you take the cheapest Z77/ Z87/ Z97/ Z177 etc board from all manufacturers, the AsRock board has historically been the best. (Z77 Extreme4 is probably my favourite board ever)

This is because all board partners have their own angle towards where they save cost on these boards, and AsRock is the only one with a patent that lets them do that (one layer less PCB thickness, but due to their patented meshing technique it's just as durable)

MSi typically cuts cost on the chokes and sometimes caps, literally the last thing I would want to save money on.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

These'll both do fine, asrock is probably the better choice but msi is fine. however, I really can't recommend b250 mobo's. with an lga1151 socket if you make a stretch for z270, which isn't actually that expensive, you'll have great upgrade-ability paths. If you really can't afford it, I'd say wait for ryzen

I'am using an asrock x79 extreme 3 board since 5 years now with no problems yet. Once i wrote an email to the support in german asking about the maximum current of the Power led header of the board. 4 Hours later came an answer in perfect german from the netherlands XD. So i can't say something negativ. Except that only the basic drivers are still getting updated to windows 10. But the other drivers are things like floppy driver or usb apple quickcharge.