NVIDIA requires hardware verfication for game codes bundled with hardware

Mira Yurizaki
4 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

put down the pitch forks and read the OP again......

Doesn't matter. I don't want to do this. Not to mention that Nvidia drivers aren't something that gets installed in 2sec.

The problem I have with GFE is that it is/was link to multiple problems with Windows. I don't want to battle with one version everything works fine, and the other my Strat menu doesn't show, or Windows is acting weird, because GFE got updated, and it bugs again. It has its chances, it failed. Not to mention that the program is big, bulky, and not very responsive, when it should not be... essentially it is a menu.

The actually pretty smart idea. Some employees remove game codes from packages to sell on gee too aye.

1 minute ago, drok said:

The actually pretty smart idea. Some employees remove game codes from packages to sell on gee too aye.

I'm pretty sure (can't confirm it), that if you were to buy a, let's say GTX 1070, and your game code was used, and you were to open ticket with NV/card manufacturer/game publisher, it could be easy to track it down to the place you bought the card from. That and disabling the game for the person that bought it, which could end with a ticket for the seller as well. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

22 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Telemetry includes crash reports and other things that aren't personal information, but data that can help the company fix whatever issue you may be having in a future update.

Yeah, yeah, yeah whatever you say mate.

On my last job me and my collegues often got spare codes from when these actions ended, this is ready a bummer to hear that you now cant just get these codes to work if you don't have the hardwar, also f geforce accounts to be required

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

43 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I'm pretty sure (can't confirm it), that if you were to buy a, let's say GTX 1070, and your game code was used, and you were to open ticket with NV/card manufacturer/game publisher, it could be easy to track it down to the place you bought the card from. That and disabling the game for the person that bought it, which could end with a ticket for the seller as well. 

Most of the time theres a sticker on the box informing that it will contain a game, and the sticker was simply removed and the customer didnt even know that there should be a game included.

6 hours ago, Nena360 said:

Because of the forced login and half-way forced update to get it?

I'll admit the change to a forced login just for a program meant for driver updates and a couple other things that I don't use is stupid.

What do you mean half-way forced update?

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Doesn't matter. I don't want to do this. Not to mention that Nvidia drivers aren't something that gets installed in 2sec.

The problem I have with GFE is that it is/was link to multiple problems with Windows. I don't want to battle with one version everything works fine, and the other my Strat menu doesn't show, or Windows is acting weird, because GFE got updated, and it bugs again. It has its chances, it failed. Not to mention that the program is big, bulky, and not very responsive, when it should not be... essentially it is a menu.

How do you know it was GFE causing these issues with Windows?

I haven't had any trouble with either of my desktops both running W10 (one is home and the other uses the education version) so far as I know.  

I think there was one time the tiles in the start menu were having some issue but I'm pretty sure that was caused by something else.  

I'm curious what other issues have you had that you feel are caused by GFE?

Another thing, how is it big and unresponsive?  

It doesn't lag when I use it so far as I can notice.  I click the shortcut and it launches.  I click the driver tab and boom I'm on the driver tab.  I click the button to check to see if there's a new driver version and a second or two later it tells me if there is or not.   

I accept that others may have problems with their computers that I don't but if some issues are caused by GFE how is it that I seem to be one of the few who is immune to them?

@Bleedingyamato

Same here. GFE 3.0 is solidly smooth for me. Everything is instant like you said. I've never had problems even with GFE 2.0, although it was slower to respond, 3.0 is a huge improvement.

I don't doubt people have issues. It just makes me wonder how or why some people have so many of them. A case of PEBKAC/ PICNIC? I don't know. Like you said, we must be few who are doing things right or have luck.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

30 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'll admit the change to a forced login just for a program meant for driver updates and a couple other things that I don't use is stupid.

What do you mean half-way forced update?

Forced because they refuse to let you use the old GFE so you have to upgrade to still have a GFE unless you hack it! >:(

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

2 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

I don't doubt people have issues. It just makes me wonder how or why some people have so many of them. A case of PEBKAC/ PICNIC? I don't know. Like you said, we must be few who are doing things right or have luck.

I'd wager it depends a lot on their software configuration. I rarely install software just because, and most of the time my computer is fine.

Then again I joke I might have "the touch"

14 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'd wager it depends a lot on their software configuration. I rarely install software just because, and most of the time my computer is fine.

I'd say the only software problem I have is Windows 10 search engine. It is broken on both my desktop (with fresh reinstall to make sure) and my lappy too. I use a software called Everything which is a lightweight search engine which works perfectly. I too install only necessary things as I like things running smooth without bloat.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

15 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

@Bleedingyamato

Same here. GFE 3.0 is solidly smooth for me. Everything is instant like you said. I've never had problems even with GFE 2.0, although it was slower to respond, 3.0 is a huge improvement.

As I said before my old Sager laptop is where I've had the only issues trying to update the drivers but personally I blame the laptop for that.  I've had periodic issues with that thing and so it doesn't surprise me that GFE doesn't like to work properly on it.  

Unless it has something to do with it running 32-big W7 instead of 64-bit.  Maybe GFE hates 32-bit Windows?  lol

Yeah, there's got to be differences between computer configurations that likely account for some people having problems while others like us are seemingly immune.  

In my case I assume lucky.  lol

12 minutes ago, Nena360 said:

Forced because they refuse to let you use the old GFE so you have to upgrade to still have a GFE unless you hack it! >:(

Ah.   Yeah I agree that's annoying.  

9 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I used to update my GPU drivers on my main desktop any time there's been an update but I credit you with teaching me that there's really no need to do so unless you need to like if an update is needed to make a game run properly.  

Like with RE7.  I only updated my Nvidia drivers in GFE last week because I'd seen in the RE7 benchmark thread some mention of issues initially running the game.   So I downloaded the drivers to hopefully help it run like it should.  

I'm inclined to say you just have good sense and skills to keep your computer in good working order.  ?

Though you could have magic powers of computer use.  ?

(Awesome song btw.  Love that movie too.)

6 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Nvidia is doing a GREAT job ostracising their customer base.

Really? You made a pun even here? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

21 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

what have drivers got to do with it?...and ill think you will find windows is the link to windows problems......i havent had any issues with GFE and im on the insider build. the issues ive had with windows have been windows problems. i find hilarious that a massive MS fan boy is complaining about forced software *cough* windows store and edge.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I despise DRM, but this is on what I would consider the tolerable side. From what I gather, you're already pretty much forced to install geforce experience if you want to take full advantage of a modern nvidia card (which probably should not be the case... but that horse has been beaten to death) and in the end anyone who wishes to enjoy their bonus games as intended should not run into problems.

On the other hand I don't really understand what the harm is in selling those codes. Sure, it's against the license, but why does nVidia care? It doesn't hurt their income from the gpu they sold and it doesn't allow more than one person to redeem it anyway (right?) so in the end it seems to me like it shouldn't matter to them. Same goes for the game publisher, once they have given a code to nVidia for the bundle they have already made money from it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*