Performance Gains From Mantle To Be Revealed At APU13.

A spokesman at AMD revealed through the Tom's Hardware "Ask Us Anything" that "real numbers" regarding the performance gains of using Mantle will be revealed during AMD's APU13 event.

Comae said:
Hi, can we have real numbers about the Mantle gain ? Games are still running perfect at maximum with a 7970ghz, if the gain is not really high to hold the next graphic step it will be a bit useless for high end cards. Is it designed to improve latency ? Add more graphic effects?

Does the next cpu will have better single core performance ? Thats the weakest part of you cpus.

Real numbers regarding Mantle will be published at the AMD Developer Summit running November 11-13 in San Jose. I will say that we are not undertaking such a mammoth effort to yield 3-4% performance--that would be a waste of time.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1863987/official-amd-radeon-representatives.html

So we should expect much more than a 5% gain in performance?  This is going to make things very interesting!

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

So we should expect much more than a 5% gain in performance?  This is going to make things very interesting!

pr they could troll us and make it just 5 xD

im actually really excited for this even though im not gonna build a pc for a couple more years

pr they could troll us and make it just 5 xD

im actually really excited for this even though im not gonna build a pc for a couple more years

Haha I suppose they could! :P 3-4% performance gain would be a waste of time but 5% is well worth it!  I'm really excited just to see what they can do with Mantle, could completely change everything.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Probably 10-15% performance which means 3-5fps more. Lol

What amd needs is a new driver design team. Nvidia has multithreaded drivers that work better with amd CPUs than amd Radeon cards because radon cards run on single thread and need fast single core performance. <facepalm>

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

So we can expect around 10-20% O_O
I wish I could go with AMD, but OpenCL is still not at the point where I can use it instead of CUDA.

RTX2070OC 

Im not holding my breath on mantle. I love AMD, I really do, but this sounds like a gimmick to me. However, one nagging thought: Although you may not see vast improvements right away, with added maturity (like everything else) that may change hopefully for the better. G-sync is the same sort of nonsense. I dont see that being anywhere near as useful as its hyped to be. But lets wait and see of course!

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

To attend or not to attend, that is the question.

they ll probably talk about audio for 4h before talking about mantle for 15 mins,

so you should attend but only the last 30 mins or so...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

they ll probably talk about audio for 4h before talking about mantle for 15 mins,

so you should attend but only the last 30 mins or so...

I think I will stick to the live blogs.  :D

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I'm so excited!! *que the horrible 70s music*

Back from the dead....

What amd needs is a new driver design team. Nvidia has multithreaded drivers that work better with amd CPUs than amd Radeon cards because radon cards run on single thread and need fast single core performance. <facepalm>

exactly.

Though I'm thinking of more like ~20% performance benefit. Optimistic I know;

In my guestimate, I'm assuming they will show a 10% performance increase and promise that with increased use and further development, they will expect to hit as high as 20-25% performance increase. When they announce "not 3-4% increase" I see that it won't be 5% (or they will be laughed at for marketing) but it won't be much more than that. Plus, they want to keep us all interested in the future so they will promise even further increases as it matures. If they acn't keep the interest long term or show dramatically huge increases now, they won't get much backing and this project will flop.

When PR throws out a physical number like 3-4%, that is really telling. Normally you would see something like 10% or something. Hmmm.

When PR throws out a physical number like 3-4%, that is really telling. Normally you would see something like 10% or something. Hmmm.

I believe that the AMD spokesman (likely Robert Hallock) basically quoted what Matt Skynner General Manager of Graphics said in an earlier interview.

interview.

Hardware.Info: “Still, you have to be able to give a ballpark estimate. Are we talking about a single or double digit percentage increase, or even more?”

Skynner: “I'll put it this way. We're not going to develop an entirely new API just for a performance gain of 3 or 4 percent. It will be a significant increase.”

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4856/2/interview-with-amds-matt-skynner-about-mantle-and-new-radeon-cards-mantle-performance-and-compatibility