Define R4 - Power LED flickering.

Azortharion

Heyo, up until yesterday, the power LED on my Fractal Design Define R4 worked just fine on my AsRock Extreme4, but after doing some cable management work and replugging the connectors, it has stopped working properly.

It partially works, meaning that it flickers, and is off 80% of the time except for when it turns on for a few milliseconds, however, when the computer is on Sleep, it works perfectly fine, so does it have something to do with the power circuitry? Are the cables improperly plugged? (They are plugged onto the exact same pins as pre-cable management).

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Sure you haven't plugged the power LED into the HDD led & vise versa?

Yes, actually.

I was a tad retarded when I built this, even though it said HDD LED, I plugged it in (it said LED, whateva!), but then it worked fine (it was always on).

With the power and reset switches in, there are 4 unoccupied pins yet, I plugged them in like:

Upper-rightmost pin connected (Power LED+)

Lower-second-rightmost pin connected (HDD LED-)

If I plug the - connector into the lower-rightmost pin, the LED doesn't work at all.

Did you try following the manual and reinserting the pins properly and seeing if it works?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yes, actually.

I was a tad retarded when I built this, even though it said HDD LED, I plugged it in (it said LED, whateva!), but then it worked fine (it was always on).

With the power and reset switches in, there are 4 unoccupied pins yet, I plugged them in like:

Upper-rightmost pin connected (Power LED+)

Lower-second-rightmost pin connected (HDD LED-)

If I plug the - connector into the lower-rightmost pin, the LED doesn't work at all.

If I'm understanding you correctly it looks like the Power LED is in the wrong way. The PowerLED+ should be in the Upper left pin.

---------------------------

| P+ | P- | __ | __ |

----------------------

| H+ | H- | __ | __ |

---------------------------

Hope that makes sense lol

If you've got it set out like that already then either the Power LED cable/s or Power LED is buggered. To test which one it is, plug the Power LED cables into the HDD LED pins (+ into +, - into - obviously) and start HDD defrag, if they light goes on and stays on you know the Power LED is fine.

• 1 year later...

If I'm understanding you correctly it looks like the Power LED is in the wrong way. The PowerLED+ should be in the Upper left pin. --------------------------- | P+ | P- | __ | __ | ---------------------- | H+ | H- | __ | __ | --------------------------- Hope that makes sense lol If you've got it set out like that already then either the Power LED cable/s or Power LED is buggered. To test which one it is, plug the Power LED cables into the HDD LED pins (+ into +, - into - obviously) and start HDD defrag, if they light goes on and stays on you know the Power LED is fine.

thanks i had the same problem now it works fine! i was being stupid when i plugged the cables in! :P