Fujifilm X-T2 Review

kewl

First

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

What about the RED camera's, weren't you guys switching to those?

Yep - once the workflow is all figured out and we've had enough time to comfortably comment on working with them day-to-day I'm sure there will be plenty of coverage. Gotta justify that huge cost somehow amirite... ;)

Can you please have the name of the product in the title, if nothing else?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

How was the AutoFocus in low light environments, I really am thinking of switching for my wedding photography. I've heard that slight struggle in places like venues.

In case you have not seen feature yet, On the Fuji X cameras, you can individually adjust the shadow and highlight tone curves to increase the dynamic range. Use the flattest film mode (Pro Neg Std is probably the best choice) and while not all the way to f-log, it is a flatter image that you would have otherwise. 

You can save the combination of settings to one of the selectable presets available through the Q-Menu.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to have a link to the photo at 2:05 in the video of the red sky. That shot looks amazing.

I wish I could get shots like that, but alas, my photography skills aren't the best and I always miss shots like that as I don't always carry my camera with me due to size - I can't just put it in my uni bag as it takes up too much space. 

I have been thinking of ditching my DSLR to go mirrorless as this allows me to "pocket" or "bag" the camera easier when out and about. Awesome video Brandon - love to see more camera/gear reviews in future. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Thank you for adding the product name to the title

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

EPIC-Weapon please.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Good review, beautifully shot.  ?

If you don't mind a piece of critical feedback: It could just be my speaker setup, but it really felt like you began each paragraph BY YELLING the first word or two.  The ¶ symbol is not an exclamation mark, Brandon!  ?

I know that I will never be a photographer in this life time and I have no interest in spending hundreds of dollars on a camera now or in the near future, but I love watching Brandon's videos and they make me feel good watching them because of how they turn a review into a story regardless of the content (it's the pacing and fluidity of the video I think). The videos do make me want to go out and capture the world in pictures and videos, but my eyes remind me it's just not in the cards for me.

-KuJoe

Brandon needs to relax a little when hosting, he ran out of air few times while reading the text.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

what about the xt12 flashlight? #linusflashlighttips

linus sex tips

When I saw this review I could only think of the Sony α7 and α6000 series. After reading the replies here I was surprised they weren't mentioned. They are VERY similar to the Fujifilm Mirrorless cameras. Could we get some love for them?

3 hours ago, SinsOfSeven said:

When I saw this review I could only think of the Sony α7 and α6000 series. After reading the replies here I was surprised they weren't mentioned. They are VERY similar to the Fujifilm Mirrorless cameras. Could we get some love for them?

a7S IIs are a bit part of our camera roster :) 

• 4 months later...

Great-Short-Review! The new firmware updates made the xt-2 complete, i think :) 

Besides internal f-log + 4:2:2 10bit etc. xD 

Ryzen-Desktop: CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3,8Ghz | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 Core@1400Mhz Mem@7000Mhz | SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB Nvme

Laptop: Macbook Pro Retina 13 late 2014

Camera: Fujifilm XT-2 | Fujinon 18-55mm f2.8-5 | Fujinon 35mm f2 | Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 50mm f1.4 | Minolta MC Rokkor-PC 135mm f2.8

Couch-Gaming: Samsung JU6550 | Wii-U | Playstation 3 | Playstation 2 | Nintendo Gamecube