Internet haveing terrible connection. Need help!

Doku

For the past month, I have had terrible connection problems. My isp is Time Warner, and they promise 100 mbps, but I rarely get that. First let me state, I have wireless internet
When I first gotten my isp, everything was fine for the first month, but since it has been getting worse and worse. How my internet acts is its good for a moment, then it just gets slow for like 30 seconds, which can get very annoying. I've also noticed that whenever I do get these random spikes of lag, my wireless mouse also lags.
just in case it helps any, I've included an attachment with my specs on it.

specs2.JPG

3 minutes ago, Doku said:

For the past month, I have had terrible connection problems. My isp is Time Warner, and they promise 100 mbps, but I rarely get that. First let me state, I have wireless internet
When I first gotten my isp, everything was fine for the first month, but since it has been getting worse and worse. How my internet acts is its good for a moment, then it just gets slow for like 30 seconds, which can get very annoying. I've also noticed that whenever I do get these random spikes of lag, my wireless mouse also lags.

specs2.JPG

Okay, quoting the specs of your computer like that, give me no indication of your networks capabilities.  With that said, I'm willing to bet your equipment sucks ass since you don't seem to pay attention to it.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

16 minutes ago, Doku said:

specs2.JPG

The mouse lag thing makes me think it is just lots of network traffic? Try using a wired connection. 

11 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

Okay, quoting the specs of your computer like that, give me no indication of your networks capabilities.  With that said, I'm willing to bet your equipment sucks ass since you don't seem to pay attention to it.

Was that really necessary?

15 minutes ago, Doku said:

Including a speed test or something could help. Im no expert but someone could help you if they had some photos of the speed your getting, equipment etc. 

8 minutes ago, jado said:

Including a speed test or something could help. Im no expert but someone could help you if they had some photos of the speed your getting, equipment etc. 

How do you mean was what necessary?  His computers stats?  No, it was the exact opposite of necessary.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

26 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

Well I wasn't sure really, never posted here before, friend just told me to post my issues here, I kinda struggled with what to post, so I apologize for it.

27 minutes ago, Doku said:

specs2.JPG

Most of the time the Modem/Router combs ISPs give are shit. They tend to be weaker on the wireless side. Firstly some one above said try a wired connection. If you dont have issues on wired then that at least ID's the issue with the wireless. Issue with wireless could be interference from walls, other wireless networks or other devices like Microwaves. 

If the issue still exist on a wired connection. Then you have to start looking at the signal levels of the modem. Cable modems require a range of signals to run properly. Downstream has to be between -10 and 10 while the upstream levels need to be below 54 but lower is better. If you go here: https://www.dslreports.com/faq/5862. You will find more info how modem signal levels. If your signals get out of whack you can have speed issues. Funny enough sometimes Cellular signals can cause issues on the cable network if those wireless signals are able to get in the cable system. For example AT&T LTE uses like 700 Mhz. A few months ago, I had issues with my modem having issues staying connected. Found out Comcast had to come out and fix a network issue. LTE signals were leaking in. If it is in fact a signal problem. Then you call you ISP and have them fix the issue. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

16 minutes ago, jado said:

Well I can include that, just thought that would not matter.

puing.JPG

41 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

Dude chill out, it's better when an OP tries giving as much info as they can. And saying he doesn't pay attention is uncalled for. I wish people would give more info when trying to figure out an issue, and him giving info is anything but harmful. If you can't help and just want to be a jack ass because of one little thing then you shouldn't be on a forum meant to help the inexperienced/unknowing like this. I recommend r/pcmasterrace to be a place you dwell on now, because just like you they don't actually help.

31 minutes ago, Doku said:

Well I wasn't sure really, never posted here before, friend just told me to post my issues here, I kinda struggled with what to post, so I apologize for it.

So... What is your networking equipment?  You still haven't told us...

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, 84376_1454179861 said:

Dude chill out, it's better when an OP tries giving as much info as they can. And saying he doesn't pay attention is uncalled for. I wish people would give more info when trying to figure out an issue, and him giving info is anything but harmful. If you can't help and just want to be a jack ass because of one little thing then you shouldn't be on a forum meant to help the inexperienced/unknowing like this. I recommend r/pcmasterrace to be a place you dwell on now, because just like you they don't actually help.

Okay, so the next time I have issues with overheating on my CPU I'll be sure to tell you what kind of router I have.  That will be super helpful.  I was just telling dude that his stats didn't help his network at all, which (I figured) is more than common sense.

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, 84376_1454179861 said:

reddit is the place to go for real help BTW... Its kinda the only place that will give you help.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, JefferyD90 said:

Okay, so the next time I have issues with overheating on my CPU I'll be sure to tell you what kind of router I have.  That will be super helpful.  I was just telling dude that his stats didn't help his network at all, which (I figured) is more than common sense.

No, you went straight for insult and said nothing helpful. And rigs can actually affect how shit your online experience is and it's good he posted it; because seeing his rig it seems to really be a modem issue. But hey, I can rest easy now knowing you're either a troll or a legitimate moron since you actually agreed with my reddit suggestion, so whatever. 

2 hours ago, 84376_1454179861 said:

No, you went straight for insult and said nothing helpful. And rigs can actually affect how shit your online experience is and it's good he posted it; because seeing his rig it seems to really be a modem issue. But hey, I can rest easy now knowing you're either a troll or a legitimate moron since you actually agreed with my reddit suggestion, so whatever. 

I didn't insult anyone.  No ones race, gender, mother, or like wise was brought into this.  You came into the thread with a negative attitude and instantly took my comments as negative.  It's a classic case of glass half full/empty.  You were in a bad mood, there for you took my comments as negative.  Nothing I said was negative in any way.

Spoiler