hdmi to ypbpr pc issue

mc141

so i bought a bytecc HDMI to YPbPr + R/L Audio Converter Model: HM-CV14 for my htpc since my tv's hdmi port broke. repair shop replaced the broken conector but i guess it shorted out when it broke. so anyways the converter works with every thimg but my pc. i tried 2 tvs, an old asus ati card, and a diamond 6450hd card on a maximus 2 formula, and an asus 7870 directcu card on a maximus v and vi formula boards. and no luck.

any ideas why it wont work off pc. i tried dual monitors but it always used the adapter as primary monitor and after blindly grabing windows for an hr every thing was set to 1080p no 1080i was avail in catalyst control center. cant use 720 because tv will only accept 1080i 480p 480i. i dont think mitsubishi rear projection tvs like 720. i did get a flicker but it happend once and i dont know how i did it. i also tried hdmi to dvi cable as well i have only one other option that is my kids sony laptop that has hdmi using nvidia. i know that works with hdmi to there tv. 

as far as i know its possible ive seen youtube videos using the converters

so i bought a bytecc HDMI to YPbPr + R/L Audio Converter Model: HM-CV14 for my htpc since my tv's hdmi port broke. repair shop replaced the broken conector but i guess it shorted out when it broke. so anyways the converter works with every thimg but my pc. i tried 2 tvs, an old asus ati card, and a diamond 6450hd card on a maximus 2 formula, and an asus 7870 directcu card on a maximus v and vi formula boards. and no luck.

any ideas why it wont work off pc. i tried dual monitors but it always used the adapter as primary monitor and after blindly grabing windows for an hr every thing was set to 1080p no 1080i was avail in catalyst control center. cant use 720 because tv will only accept 1080i 480p 480i. i dont think mitsubishi rear projection tvs like 720. i did get a flicker but it happend once and i dont know how i did it. i also tried hdmi to dvi cable as well i have only one other option that is my kids sony laptop that has hdmi using nvidia. i know that works with hdmi to there tv. 

as far as i know its possible ive seen youtube videos using the converters

Strange 1080i isn't listed in catalyst control if your monitor supports it..

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090