Best way to come out to my parents?

iamdarkyoshi
14 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

If I get kicked out, I'm selling my chevy volt and using the funds to move to australia

Just don't underestimate how much it costs to move.

Your chevy would most likely not even cover the cost of a small apartment, and you need money for all the other things as well. That's assuming you're even allowed into the country to begin with, and manages to find a place you can buy/rent.

On 29/01/2017 at 3:52 AM, Tosa said:

I'd try discussing the topic of homosexuality with them to see what their opinions are

This is a good idea
 @iamdarkyoshi Maybe you could try and tell them that your friend (which you talked of with them about for something, make sure your parents know him/her, but he/she doesn't find himself/herself in a situation where they are going to ask him/her about it) came out in the middle of the class about being gay, and then ask them what they think about homosexuality, and see how they react. If they react positively, ask how to provide support for him/her, just to be subtle and "cover up the conversation" untill you're redy to come out.
Or maybe it's a better idea to just mention a friend being bullied for being gay. And then just go around the fact that "your friend is gay" for a second, say that you want to help him, listen to what they have to say, and then just ask: "What do you think about being homosexual anyway?"
Take care, this is a delicate matter. If you think they won't react well, don't even mention homosexuality.
But, since i like helping people in trouble, if I was gay, I'd go for the other option just because there's a bigger chance they'll believe that story. Good luck!

Come out during the psych session. At least you'll have a trained professional to back you up and offer emotional support during the climax or eruption of emotions at that point.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

• 3 weeks later...

Unless they are trying to make you smash some vag do not tell them UNTIL you are independent.

Some times some things are better left unsaid. (for the time being)

Do not underestimate your parents they probably know and just do not want to admit it.

Wait till you no longer need them financially before you rip their hearts out.

57 minutes ago, FmPhenom said:

Unless they are trying to make you smash some vag do not tell them UNTIL you are independent.

Some times some things are better left unsaid. (for the time being)

Do not underestimate your parents they probably know and just do not want to admit it.

Wait till you no longer need them financially before you rip their hearts out.

It's already done.  Seems it went bad early, and leveled out a bit now... maybe.  :(

I'm not gay, but I'm pretty sure gays and straights act the same way around family. You don't need to come out or anything. 

Don't talk about stale memes.

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Pretty much sums it up

I hope everything is good?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

12 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Yeah for the most part. Dad is letting his mind jump to conclusions pretty badly though

We all have moments of temporary insanity :)

It sounds like he's concerned for you, and that's ok.  Just like it was a process for you to understand you, it may take him some time to realize you're the same person you were before he found out.