3D printer kills couple and their cats

NumLock21
3 minutes ago, TehStranger said:

The article said "laser 3D printer" and then showed videos of FDM printers printing, no mention of laser cutters. The point is, the people writing this BS didn't even bother to do their research on these machines and then throw 3D printing into the public's crosshairs. Yes, ABS, Nylon and other plastics can and do produce toxic fumes, but there's no evidence of the victims using those plastics or if they used something less harmful, like PLA for example. I don't think they'd sit in a room with ABS printing, the smell is unbearable and it doesn't take a genius to know the fumes can't be very good for your health...

the fact is the victims previously complained about dizziness and their deaths points to some sort of gas poisoning

the investigation is not complete, even the autopsy isn't complete and yet you dismiss outright the possible scenarios

32 minutes ago, zMeul said:

the fact is the victims previously complained about dizziness and their deaths points to some sort of gas poisoning

the investigation is not complete, even the autopsy isn't complete and yet you dismiss outright the possible scenarios

I don't dismiss it, I'm saying the media dismissed it and made up their own boat load of bullshit without all the information. If it was confirmed that they were indeed killed by fumes released by the 3D Printer then by all means, title the headline "3D Printer kills couple" I don't give a fuck. But IF they were killed from the fumes, then they were pretty fucking stupid to stay locked up in a room with it... Whether it was the 3D printer or laser cutter, it's quite surprising that these two managed to graduate from MIT...

7 hours ago, TehStranger said:

Maybe. You don't seem to want to spread the truth, so what other reason would there be? What that "dude" said in the video is nothing but facts, so I don't understand why you wouldn't want to inform people that the news articles are bullshit...

Are those facts from the authorities or facts spewing from that youtuber's mouth. As I mentioned before, the op is for any updates from the authorities, not from some random dude on the internet. If you got any official info about it, I'll be glad to post it in the op. For now, that dude's video isn't one of them.

Btw, this is called proper reporting.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 1/28/2017 at 5:13 PM, AddonCustoms said:

Found a post by one of their friends.

Lazy and sensational journalism? Why I never would have thought.