Pre-Built PC, the numbers are in.

Anassagora69

So, i did some research and found out one of the best pre-built pc companies was Origin, so i decided to check out how much money they added to your pc parts, and for building the system, here are the numbers:

On the Chronos version, the following upgrades were made:

GPU: GTX 1080

CPU: i7-7700k

SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo Series

The final price WITH this upgrades was $2,481 (US dollars)

I took every part from the pc, including the MSI H270I Gaming Pro AC  motherboard which is in the system by default and the $50 liquid cooling system and the final price was:

*drumroll please*

$1,687 US dollars on Amazon

At the end the added price you pay is $794 dollars, may i add i did not put warranty on the pc or any type of added optionals,( which would rounf up to $400 dollars more) only the raw system which Origin Pc gives you, with those few upgrades.

So every time you are building your pc and thinking "Why can't i just pay someone to do it?" just think you are making almost $800 an hour by building it yourself and you will be more than happy and content and will continue building your pride and joy.

I hope you found this helpful, if you did be sure to like if you didn't hit the imaginary dislike botton, and if Linus notices me i would be very happy too so wink wink to the mods ;)

~Anassagora69

2 minutes ago, Anassagora69 said:

EYYYYYYYY let's go boys.

well i see where your coming from and i vastly prefer building my own pc and have built a few completely custom rigid tubed systems but i can also see where someone would buy a prebuilt. 

Not alot of people have the time it takes to build a pc. sure you can slap one toget in about an hour and be installing but if you wanna do it right your gonna be cable managing for a few hours and such. then theres the risk. mobos and such are decently durable and i still say youd need to drag the thing across carpet to kill it but accidents do happen and you can kill electronics. that can get pricy. x99 mobo start at around 200 for a semi decent one and go way up from there so theres a decent amount of risk, then if you go into water cooling its a entire new risk. take me for example. rebuilding my project tsubasa x99 gaming rig. went to filled the res up after rebuilding the pc into a different case and the res leaked. shorted my mobo and ram. that being said there went near $300 right off. didnt notice the bad ram. so then if your a novice your stuck trouble shooting which is a complete pain in the ass for about everyone. so yea then also to top it off i went 3 months with random pc crashing and errors couldnt for the fuckin life of me figure out why then all of a sudden i got a ram error. did memtest and found i had a bad stick. took 3 months of troubleshooting. and all in all burned about $400 in pc parts. 

any long story short is theres a decent amount of risk in building a pc and not all people will wont to do it

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

4 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

well i see where your coming from and i vastly prefer building my own pc and have built a few completely custom rigid tubed systems but i can also see where someone would buy a prebuilt. 

Not alot of people have the time it takes to build a pc. sure you can slap one toget in about an hour and be installing but if you wanna do it right your gonna be cable managing for a few hours and such. then theres the risk. mobos and such are decently durable and i still say youd need to drag the thing across carpet to kill it but accidents do happen and you can kill electronics. that can get pricy. x99 mobo start at around 200 for a semi decent one and go way up from there so theres a decent amount of risk, then if you go into water cooling its a entire new risk. take me for example. rebuilding my project tsubasa x99 gaming rig. went to filled the res up after rebuilding the pc into a different case and the res leaked. shorted my mobo and ram. that being said there went near $300 right off. didnt notice the bad ram. so then if your a novice your stuck trouble shooting which is a complete pain in the ass for about everyone. so yea then also to top it off i went 3 months with random pc crashing and errors couldnt for the fuckin life of me figure out why then all of a sudden i got a ram error. did memtest and found i had a bad stick. took 3 months of troubleshooting. and all in all burned about $400 in pc parts. 

any long story short is theres a decent amount of risk in building a pc and not all people will wont to do it

yeah i totally agree sometimes you do not want ot take the risk, especially if it's a really pricey pc, you are better off getting a pre built one if you are going for high end and you are not a pc builder expert, that is totally true, especially for custom liquid cooling systems!

5 minutes ago, Bradl79 said:

too bad i live in a shit state that does not have anyone that wants to spend money on a good rig

lmao #FeelsGtx210man

@Windspeed36 @Dave :) @Ghost @Energycore

Hey guys, i just wanted to show you this post so maybe you could speak about it with linus, it's just an idea and it would make for  a great video, it's something every new pc gamer/consumer wants to know. And it has twists to it aswell, plus he has the origin pc which he bought a while ago so it would all make the video much easier to make, pm me if anything comes up, i would be very happy if he actually did a video about this, to raise awearness and it is very informative, plus you can make a good clickbait out of it!

I'm not about to question the merits of building your own rig and the cost that can be saved - these things are well documented, including your example above.

HOWEVER you've got some incredibly backwards logic if you think that a person is being paid 800 dollars per hour to build their own machine. When you buy a machine from someone like Origin (or any boutique builder worth their salt) you're buying so much more than a pre-built system. You're paying for their workmanship, their time and their company to function. I can't speak for Origin specifically, but many of these companies run through vigorous testing and bench marking to ensure  everything just works. You are paying for a hassle and risk free experience.

You remind me of a younger me. When you (and many others, including myself) first get into building PCs you get this entitlement and elitist attitude about building your own, touting the objective benefits that can be had. The fact of the matter is you eventually come to realize that not everyone thinks the same as you(or me) and values their time in vastly different ways. Moreover, as someone who has built many rigs for many folks, I can tell you numerous circumstances where the experience and cost saved have been disproportionately lower than the headache caused.

Just something to think about.

The different in amount would actually be the warrant, the prebuild system (you know you just need to plug in power and switch on and it WILL work), custom job (paint or whatsoever that is inside the system) and a whole lot more. To be honest, if you really count those in, the different is really not that much. Yes there will still be a different but just not really a lot more.

PS, Mine is DIY and not prebuild.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Oh god.. ORGINI? The best? How much research did you do...

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

7 minutes ago, VolkA said:

The different in amount would actually be the warrant, the prebuild system (you know you just need to plug in power and switch on and it WILL work), custom job (paint or whatsoever that is inside the system) and a whole lot more. To be honest, if you really count those in, the different is really not that much. Yes there will still be a different but just not really a lot more.

PS, Mine is DIY and not prebuild.

The WILL work part is a bit misleading. Anything can happen during shipping

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Of course nothing is 100% assured, but don't you think that it is appropriate for the context? I can buy a laptop or a phone and reasonably expect that it should "just work" when I receive it. Of course it could get damaged in shipping, and that does happen to people but is it not unreasonable to assume you'll receive a working piece of kit. The same is true here, I should be able to trust a system builder to package my system in an adequate way.

16 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Agree that anything can happen. But I would assume the chances would be very much lesser compared to DIY.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

don forget having to do RMAs you buy enough parts odds are you will have to RMA something, most of these places stress these builds for days. also ive done some comparisons and if you buy at the right time alot sites like origin will have deal like flat discounts or free SSDs you can get that $800 down to around $350 witch is more then fair, id rather pay someone to paint my house same goes with building PCs  

8 hours ago, theklax said:

I'm not about to question the merits of building your own rig and the cost that can be saved - these things are well documented, including your example above.

HOWEVER you've got some incredibly backwards logic if you think that a person is being paid 800 dollars per hour to build their own machine. When you buy a machine from someone like Origin (or any boutique builder worth their salt) you're buying so much more than a pre-built system. You're paying for their workmanship, their time and their company to function. I can't speak for Origin specifically, but many of these companies run through vigorous testing and bench marking to ensure  everything just works. You are paying for a hassle and risk free experience.

You remind me of a younger me. When you (and many others, including myself) first get into building PCs you get this entitlement and elitist attitude about building your own, touting the objective benefits that can be had. The fact of the matter is you eventually come to realize that not everyone thinks the same as you(or me) and values their time in vastly different ways. Moreover, as someone who has built many rigs for many folks, I can tell you numerous circumstances where the experience and cost saved have been disproportionately lower than the headache caused.

Just something to think about.

That is also true, i am 15 and a PCMR lover, AND im new to pc building,( im basically a not-developed pc fetus) so i take as much pride as i can in building one, simply because it makes me happy to think that i did something by myself, for myself, which i like so much (because im an egocentric piece of sh*t), and the money i saved ofcourse.

Having said that i am well aware of the trouble they go through, i am also aware they have to pay for publicity, R&D can also come in for their new products and projects, and ofcourse hardware damaging, the ROI is not there for them since they are a fully developed company, yet keeping a product up to date and relevant still has costs, ofcourse you also have to pay all your employees, so in conclusion you are partly paying for their:

Building

Testing

Risk taking

R&D

Publicity ( or advestising idk how people say it in america)

The actual workers

That's about it, that should cover 90% of their expenses.

so yeah, i do understand why, i do not believe it is a scam or a ripoff, technically it's not even overprized, but building a pc by yourself will be cheaper if you have the time for it and the experience for it too.

~Anassagora69

8 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Oh god.. ORGINI? The best? How much research did you do...

Meaning it's the safest, Cyberpower and other's are not getting recognition as much as origin, because they have many flaws in them, bad psu's, bad mobos, bad cable managing etc, that's why every big youtuber makes reviews on Origin pc's.