RGB LED lifespan

Techicolors

This inquiry is mostly directed towards those who own Corsair's RGB keyboards (or any RGB LED mechanical keyboard) for a while, such as the K70 RGB, and have never RMA'ed it. but i guess this can be a general inquiry as well

so i got a MK Disco though i am a bit concerned how long the LEDs will last. now the Disco doesn't have nearly the amount of customization as Corsair's boards, so I tend to set a few static colors and call it a day. i've owned this keyboard for 3 months now, and none of the LEDs have died yet. 

10 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

This inquiry is mostly directed towards those who own Corsair's RGB keyboards (or any RGB LED mechanical keyboard) for a while, such as the K70 RGB, and have never RMA'ed it. but i guess this can be a general inquiry as well

so i got a MK Disco though i am a bit concerned how long the LEDs will last. now the Disco doesn't have nearly the amount of customization as Corsair's boards, so I tend to set a few static colors and call it a day. i've owned this keyboard for 3 months now, and none of the LEDs have died yet. 

Good quality LED's should have a MTBF of at least 50 000 hours which is equivalent to 5.7 years if left on 24 hours a day 365days a year. Most of the time they die it is due to static discharge, shorting out and damaging the semiconductor material or the very fine bond wires. 

You are not going to get the LED's to their end of life. They are far more likely to die from some random event.