This is how the PlayStation 4 and Vita hook up via Remote Play

Youbetternot

So basically buying the PS4 and Vita you can play your PS4 games on your vista. To get this feature you must do the first day patch.

psvitaremote618hedimg.jpg

When the PlayStation 4 launches in ten days, it'll need a day one patch to make its touted Remote Play functionality work. The Vita's already all set, having just received the patch it needed to enable the PS4 Link application. We even gave you an idea of how the new feature works from the Tokyo Game Show earlier this year. The only missing piece of the puzzle, then, is how the Vita and the PS4 actually hook up 

source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/05/playstation-4-vita-remote-play-video/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Sounds pretty great for those who already have the PS Vita. One less ugly looking controller to buy. I guess the ms on that patch if they do it right may end up making larger profits for sony in the long term.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

You can hook up your PS4 with Vista!?

OT: My school is blocking most of what you posted, but if they do say how the PS4 and Vita are linked, I'd like to know. Is it bluetooth? Some sort of wireless transmitter? Does the PS4 have telekenetic powers and can send it's videos to any device?

Your quote didn't quite inform us of the actual technical details of how the systems are linked to one another.

That is quite cool. still stick to my PC :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

OT: My school is blocking most of what you posted, but if they do say how the PS4 and Vita are linked, I'd like to know. Is it bluetooth? Some sort of wireless transmitter? Does the PS4 have telekenetic powers and can send it's videos to any device?

Your quote didn't quite inform us of the actual technical details of how the systems are linked to one another.

It is done over Wifi. 

You need a wifi router. Your PS4 acts as a game streaming server. Like Cloud Gaming, but at your house. Your PS4 connects to the network and streams it to your Vita over the network.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Pretty sure it's WiFi since you can do Remote Play with the PS3 and PSP currently.

There's also the PS Vita TV which lets you stream your PS4 to a TV in another room via WiFi.

It is done over Wifi. 

You need a wifi router. Your PS4 acts as a game streaming server. Like Cloud Gaming, but at your house. Your PS4 connects to the network and streams it to your Vita over the network.

Thank you, that's all we really need to know!

I bet we can just hook up a PS4 to a wireless router and it will just send the signals that way, so it doesn't have to be 100% WiFi.

Pretty sure it's WiFi since you can do Remote Play with the PS3 and PSP currently.

There's also the PS Vita TV which lets you stream your PS4 games to a TV in another room via WiFi.

This.

@Windspeed36, can I get a "Certified Ninja" badge if I somehow do this enough?

Thank you, that's all we really need to know!

I bet we can just hook up a PS4 to a wireless router and it will just send the signals that way, so it doesn't have to be 100% WiFi.

Yeah. That way. I just meant how the signals get to the Vita since it lacks Ethernet.

$10 says someone finds a way to do this over the Internet. $50 says it sucks due to lag/latency.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

NVIDIA SHIELD VS PS VITA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LINUS Is going to have a handful when this launches

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

This functionality with the Vita TV over a wired connection should probably eliminate any noticeable latency.

$10 says someone finds a way to do this over the Internet. $50 says it sucks due to lag/latency.

Actually, from what I've heard, you're ALLOWED to do it over the internet, it's just not recommended because it sucks.

Actually, from what I've heard, you're ALLOWED to do it over the internet, it's just not recommended because it sucks.

Well, yeah. But I bet configuring it to do that will be a pain.

† Christian Member †

It's really easy if the process is like connecting it with the PS3. If it's even easier then good for the n00bs

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Latency and bandwidth will kill the experience. I'll still try it anyways

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I'll be buying this instead of a Shield. :)

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | I7 930 2.80GHz(stock) | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair @ 1600 | Sapphire 5850 Toxic Edition 1GB | Corsair TX750W | Corsair C70 black |<p>Collection of Parts for next build: Corsair 760T | Windows 7 Pro | Corsair AX850 |http://jond7.deviantart.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/JonD7

I'll be buying this instead of a Shield. :)

Your profile picture fit this perfectly. The fact that I still remember his laugh is great.

† Christian Member †

Your profile picture fit this perfectly. The fact that I still remember his laugh is great.

I still can't believe Mark Hamill is the Joker!  :lol:

This is pretty cool. Would be nice to play BF4 and Watch Dogs on the Vita :) Hope that the wifi connection to the ps4 would be optimized enough to stream games without having input lag.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

WiFi. . . what else is even remotely possible? Bluetooths is WAY too slow.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

This is pretty cool. Would be nice to play BF4 and Watch Dogs on the Vita :) Hope that the wifi connection to the ps4 would be optimized enough to stream games without having input lag.

It's probably pretty similar to streaming from an NVidia graphics card to the Shield, i.e. not really noticeable until you put them side-by-side with a high-speed camera. If you try to use it on an external network, maybe a little less lag than watching a game stream, which can be tested by typing something into chat and seeing how long the streamer takes to reply (inaccurate, but pretty easy to do).

Hahaha! I know it sounds sarcastic... the Shield looks far too bulky looking, I want something portable so I can game in bed... wouldn't want that heavy shield falling on my face! D:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | I7 930 2.80GHz(stock) | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair @ 1600 | Sapphire 5850 Toxic Edition 1GB | Corsair TX750W | Corsair C70 black |<p>Collection of Parts for next build: Corsair 760T | Windows 7 Pro | Corsair AX850 |http://jond7.deviantart.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/JonD7

WiFi. . . what else is even remotely possible? Bluetooths is WAY too slow.

How the Hell should I know? Whenever they talk about Vita streaming they never openly said what it was, so all I could assume was it was something proprietary.

Honestly, I never read into it, but with the title "This is how the PlayStation 4 and Vita hook up via Remote Play" would indicate, "hey, they finally tell us what the connection is!", so dissecting what the title says, it would make me assume they've never talked about it's connection before.

But hey, that's just my thought process since they never said what it was at first. Of course I could have assumed it was WiFi, but again, they never said it where I could easily read about it before.

Now, all we need to know is what devices will Gaikai support and we're all good to go. (PC PLEASE!)

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

How the Hell should I know? Whenever they talk about Vita streaming they never openly said what it was, so all I could assume was it was something proprietary.

Honestly, I never read into it, but with the title "This is how the PlayStation 4 and Vita hook up via Remote Play" would indicate, "hey, they finally tell us what the connection is!", so dissecting what the title says, it would make me assume they've never talked about it's connection before.

But hey, that's just my thought process since they never said what it was at first. Of course I could have assumed it was WiFi, but again, they never said it where I could easily read about it before.

The video mentioned that playability varies with WiFi strength

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place