New user, not usre where to post this.

So I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to go but I need some help. I currently have a reference model 680 that keeps overheating and crashing. It can't run BF4 on ultra. So I decided to RMA it.

Now, when the RMA comes, I don't really want a nother shitty reference gtx 680 in my system anymore. Plus I have some money to spend. I have a couple options.

1. Get a second 680, throw numbers at the problem

2. 780 or 780 ti

3. Switch to AMD R9 290X (potentially 7990)

My CPU is an i5 3570k at core clock and my motherboard is an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO.

Sorry again if this is the wrong place.

You should choose between 780 and 780ti. 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

wellif u can get the 780 ti then get that. gonna be teh best cards with teh more fps. thats what everyone wants right?xD

If you can afford the 780ti then wait for it because the rumors make it out to be a beast.

Welcome to the forums, might I suggest getting a profile pic?

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.