Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Am I the only one?

I think Noctua's color scheme looks great. It feels premium to me...

Corsair Obsidian 350D***Corsair AX760***Asus MAXIMUS VI GENE***Intel Core i5 4670K***Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1600MHz***2X Asus R9 280X DirectCU II in CrossFireX***Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB***Western Digital 4TB Black

Chicago White Sox

It's working.

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It works. And It can actually work in a few build colors. Though the colors make me hungry...reminds me of oatmeal...

Oatmeal-Quick.jpgnoctua-nf-f12-pwm-ventilateur-120mm-.jpg

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You are definitely not the only one. I like it very much and don't really understand why people hate on it so much.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Am I the only one....

...To steal @Sarcasm 's profile picture? yes

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I actually like brown color, but the bad thing is it doesn't fit into 99% builds. The fans look pretty good, but the frame does not (white with strange brown accent), it would be nice if they made at least that part black.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

You are definitely not the only one. I like it very much and don't really understand why people hate on it so much.

I don't think they are ugly but they ruin colorschemes

You're suppose have a color scheme for your builds?? well....let me add some more noctua stuff :D

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

The thing is, they're defined. Many consider them the best fans in the world (including me) and to make them plain black would make them like every other fan :/ 

Also, just an off-topic statement:

Akasa Viper S-flow fans are just excellent. They're second only the the NF-F12 IMHO

Corsair Obsidian 350D***Corsair AX760***Asus MAXIMUS VI GENE***Intel Core i5 4670K***Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1600MHz***2X Asus R9 280X DirectCU II in CrossFireX***Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB***Western Digital 4TB Black

Chicago White Sox

The thing is, they're defined. Many consider them the best fans in the world (including me) and to make them plain black would make them like every other fan :/ 

Also, just an off-topic statement:

Akasa Viper S-flow fans are just excellent. They're second only the the NF-F12 IMHO

Yet people know immediately when gentle typhoons or eloops are used in a build, and anyone who has half a brain uses them because they perform better and look better, and are even more quiet for rad.performance :)

Yeah. I think they look ugly since all my Pc has a dark color scheme and brown and tan just wouldent work with it. But at the same time the ugliness is a way of telling people "Hey I have way better fans than you".

Then again I imagine you could get a decent build to work with the color.

Noctua fans, NH-D14 cooler, Asus gold or MSI lightning board, and then an MSI lightning GPU.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I like them, but they don't go with my build color scheme. Not interested in them for that reason. 

So I'm going to dye them, but they are going to be 80% grey and 20% black. That'll make them distinguishable for sure. 

Yet people know immediately when gentle typhoons or eloops are used in a build, and anyone who has half a brain uses them because they perform better and look better, and are even more quiet for rad.performance :)

I'll tell you what. If I can buy a Gentle Typhoon or Eloop fan, and plunge it into near boiling temperature water for 2 hours and the thing still work afterwards without me taking any precautions, I'll agree that those fans are better. 

Otherwise, nothing any other fan can do can match the sheer ruggedness of a Noctua fan imo. :| 

Plus, I would doubt that they are actually that quite while still moving more air. My Noctuas are quiet enough that they can't be heard and still move a lot of air. It may be just my experience but there it is. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I like them, but they don't go with my build color scheme. Not interested in them for that reason. 

So I'm going to dye them, but they are going to be 80% grey and 20% black. That'll make them distinguishable for sure. 

I'll tell you what. If I can buy a Gentle Typhoon or Eloop fan, and plunge it into near boiling temperature water for 2 hours and the thing still work afterwards without me taking any precautions, I'll agree that those fans are better. 

Otherwise, nothing any other fan can do can match the sheer ruggedness of a Noctua fan imo. :| 

Plus, I would doubt that they are actually that quite while still moving more air. My Noctuas are quiet enough that they can't be heard and still move a lot of air. It may be just my experience but there it is.

Martins liquid lab is a great resource :)

Alone they look pretty good. In a case surrounded by black hardware, not really. 

/// POLICE ASSAULT IN PROGRESS ///

I dont think they are particularly made to look good, or to be used in theme with the majority of builds... it's for people who are more inclined to choose performance over appearance. They can fit in some builds however.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

I Have a black and gold th emed build i dont think i would fit very wel...

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

agreed :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

It definitely has that premium bacon feel to it.

img2.jpg

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

I think they look great, I'm planning to include them in my next build, probably won't match the colour scheme I'm going for, however if their quiet and perform good, then I'm happy.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

The colour it self is great, but it doesn't fit into most builds. Except Asus Sabretooth motherboards and military cases maybe?

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Am I the only one....

...To steal @Sarcasm 's profile picture? yes

Sadly, he's not. Maybe on this forum, but that's it.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Sadly, he's not. Maybe on this forum, but that's it.

Jesus...

Get over it, it's literally not your picture and I didn't copy YOU.

It's just sad now...

Chicago White Sox