hear myself with Logitech G430

kanliam

how to I stop hear myself when it connected to USB... that's the only way my software will recognize my headset but than I hear my self...

thanks in advance for help.

3 minutes ago, kanliam said:

how to I stop hear myself when it connected to USB... that's the only way my software will recognize my headset but than I hear my self...

thanks in advance for help.

is listening to the device turned on. check by going to the speaker icon in your system tray right click click on recording devices select your microphone hit properties  and go to the listen tab and uncheck the listen to this device box and click apply.

3 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

is listening to the device turned on. check by going to the speaker icon in your system tray right click click on recording devices select your microphone hit properties  and go to the listen tab and uncheck the listen to this device box and click apply.

no

2 minutes ago, kanliam said:

no

the headset might have that built in is it delayed or can you hear your self as you speak

13 minutes ago, Tb428 said:

the headset might have that built in is it delayed or can you hear your self as you speak

so how do I change it

14 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

Sidetone in the Logitech app.

where is it

Open the Logitech gaming software (you installed that right??)

Then go into the settings for your headset and one of the options is side tone. Set it to the lowest level.

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

Then go into the settings for your headset and one of the options is side tone. Set it to the lowest level.

I did install it lets see

5 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

I don't see tide tone where is it?

10 minutes ago, kanliam said:

so how do I change it

you won't be able to if this is the case it will be hard wired into the headset. but it might be the Sidetone. if your voice isn't delayed it should be fine though.

3 minutes ago, kanliam said:

I don't see tide tone where is it?

Its in the levels settings for the headset. I'm at work and don't have it installed here so I can't follow along. If you cant find it, google "Logitech gaming software sidetone" and I am sure that you will find pictures and guides.

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

Its in the levels settings for the headset. I'm at work and don't have it installed here so I can't follow along. If you cant find it, google "Logitech gaming software sidetone" and I am sure that you will find pictures and guides.

ok thanks I will look for it. can you come back when u in your house?

8 minutes ago, kanliam said:

ok thanks I will look for it. can you come back when u in your house?

I generally only go on this forum while at work. Changing your headset levels is something that you should be able to figure out yourself without needing any more information that has already provided. Especially if you have the software already installed.

• 2 years later...

I know that I am probably necro'ing this thread... so I am apologizing in advance. I just recently purchased these headphones and during initial setup ran in to the very same issue. I did have the Logitech Gaming Software installed...Sidetone was not enabled... the check box for "Listen to this device" was NOT checked... and I was starting to give up on these headphones just accepting my fate of keeping the mic muted when I don't intend to use it. After I was just about to give up I decided to just check the stupid box and actually turn Sidetone on... and then turn it off... 

This was the solution for me. I thought I would share my results because no one else's solutions were working for me...

I hope that this will help anyone else running into this problem

Thanks,

Zebbzz

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, Zebbzz said:

I know that I am probably necro'ing this thread... so I am apologizing in advance. I just recently purchased these headphones and during initial setup ran in to the very same issue. I did have the Logitech Gaming Software installed...Sidetone was not enabled... the check box for "Listen to this device" was NOT checked... and I was starting to give up on these headphones just accepting my fate of keeping the mic muted when I don't intend to use it. After I was just about to give up I decided to just check the stupid box and actually turn Sidetone on... and then turn it off... 

This was the solution for me. I thought I would share my results because no one else's solutions were working for me...

Thanks,

Zebbzz

I cant find the sidetone box in my settings. I have the latest software. I actually have the opposite problem though. I WANT to be able to hear myself and I accidentally turned it off with another random setting.

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2019 at 6:40 PM, Lobsterfest said:

I cant find the sidetone box in my settings. I have the latest software. I actually have the opposite problem though. I WANT to be able to hear myself and I accidentally turned it off with another random setting.

If you're still having the problem, Instead right click the speaker icon in the lower right corner, sounds, go to playback, then go to the properties for whatever you're using to hear the sound such as speakers, go to levels and turn the microphone one all the way down. And no this does not disable the microphone. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/5/2019 at 9:46 AM, Zebbzz said:

Thanks,

Zebbzz

I'm probably resurrecting this thread from the dead again as well but honestly I made an account just to upvote this answer. Nothing else was working and was searching for hours too. +1 to this solution if you're using a Logitech g433 headset as well. 

On 6/27/2019 at 11:29 AM, VinierMcnuggets said:

If you're still having the problem, Instead right click the speaker icon in the lower right corner, sounds, go to playback, then go to the properties for whatever you're using to hear the sound such as speakers, go to levels and turn the microphone one all the way down. And no this does not disable the microphone. 

I am bringing this thread back a third time to say I FUCKING LOVE YOU it worked 

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, bananagod111 said:

I am bringing this thread back a third time to say I FUCKING LOVE YOU it worked 

Apologies for bringing back dead thread again. 

I use to own a G430 headset, and no longer have it, however I have been using the USB as a kinda I/O/Sound card with a different pair of wired headphones and a separate microphone. My issue was I immediately knew the sidetone was on and it was driving me mad I tried multiple versions of the logitech software and they all said that the side tone was off, windows was also saying that the microphone wasnt on "listen to this device" either. I am pretty tech savvy and I did not even think to check in the volume settings of the HEADPHONES of the headset adapter. Low and behold it was there, you would think this sidetone would be in the microphone properties/recording tab of the sound settings.

Heres a picture of how to do it.

• 7 months later...
On 8/3/2021 at 2:35 PM, HybridZach said:

I use to own a G430 headset, and no longer have it, however I have been using the USB as a kinda I/O/Sound card with a different pair of wired headphones and a separate microphone. My issue was I immediately knew the sidetone was on and it was driving me mad I tried multiple versions of the logitech software and they all said that the side tone was off, windows was also saying that the microphone wasnt on "listen to this device" either. I am pretty tech savvy and I did not even think to check in the volume settings of the HEADPHONES of the headset adapter. Low and behold it was there, you would think this sidetone would be in the microphone properties/recording tab of the sound settings.

I had to register an account just to post here that this was the solution for me after hours of searching. My software did not have the "sidetone" option even available, but doing what you did worked like a charm! I no longer hear myself, but the mic pics up and sounds great! Thank you, thank you!

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2021 at 10:35 PM, HybridZach said:

OMG thank you soooo much! I registered to the forum just to upvote and thank you! This was driving me nuts!