Trying to be a pc gamer

MiniAlf01

Hi i'm Jerry trying to be a pc gamer i am using a gen 5 pentium with a gtx 750ti i know its bad i got a old dell and i stuck a gtx 750ti in it.

now i have a job (just started this week) i need to know how much money i need to spend and what parts i need i play battlefield 1 overwatch fallout 4 and minecraft i know minecraft not judge please help  

700-1200$ is the sweet spot IMO. More money = more performance obviously, but beyond $1200 the value of parts seems to decrease; you get less performance for the dollar. Your goal should be a solid quad core, and a midrange current gen GPU. if you give me a budget I can make a part list for you. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

$800 will get you a good 1080p rig, if you are willing to go used that price drops to like $250

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

depends on what resolution you will be running and what fps and graphical settings you want to acchieve

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

700-1200$ is the sweet spot IMO. More money = more performance obviously, but beyond $1200 the value of parts seems to decrease; you get less performance for the dollar. Your goal should be a solid quad core, and a midrange current gen GPU. if you give me a budget I can make a part list for you. 

im trying to aim for $800 us

what's your budget?

You should go with a coree i5 6500, gtx 1060 and 16 gb ram with matching case psu mobo etc

1 year ago, bgibbz said:

you should know that you can build decent 60fps 1080p builds for about 400-600 dollers

1 minute ago, IMPERIUS said:

depends on what resolution you will be running and what fps and graphical settings you want to acchieve

im Looking For 1080P 60 Fps

Just now, mcaldwell said:

you should know that you can build decent 60fps 1080p builds for about 400-600 dollers

I'm well aware, but value decreases when you get that low. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

4 minutes ago, MiniAlf01 said:

im trying to aim for $800 us

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bgibbz/saved/ZYRGXL

if you can afford it, add a 250gb Samsung 850 evo

For 1080p 60 Hz maxed out on newer AAA titles coming years, something like a 1060 6GB or 480 8GB is a good place to start or something equivelant from older gens second hand.

Several games don't start up with less then 4 threads, so in general a quadcore is recommended but a i3 with hyper threading also works. Still a i5 is better. With AMD launchin Zen soon you could wait for that for more options and maybe even better budget deals.

Take a unlocked CPU despite intial being more expensive with a mobo that supports it. In the long run a simple easy OC can add several years of usable lifespan = free tp do and cheaper then upgrading.

Other then that a decent PSU, 8-16GB RAM, a proper case and a 250 GB SSD for maindrive to start with can give you a good bang for the buck.

But depending on your current platform, it might be possible to upgrade that cheap with a secondhand CPU. So can you specify your parts?

Other then that you could chekc my guide for some general info.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

21 minutes ago, MiniAlf01 said:

im Looking For 1080P 60 Fps

I'd say about 800usd if you're in the US

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Welcome to the forums and PC gaming in general! 

Since you're new I just want to give you some advice...

PLEASE Don't be an Intel/AMD/Nvidia fanboy, all fanboys look like idiots. Pick what hardware you want because you like it and it does what you want it to do.

That's an F in the profile pic

3 hours ago, Sälle said:

Don't forget to buy windows too!

You can get it on kinguin for cheap if you want: https://www.kinguin.net/category/22175/windows-10-home-oem-key/

If you already have Windows 10 9n your current machine,  don't buy it. It's linked to your MS account, that allows you up to 3 PC license I believe. My original W10 machine has been retired. No issues using my MS login to authenticate W10 on the new machine. Also, if you're in school and have a .edu email, you can get Win 10 Pro free from Microsoft through their educational program.

It would be better to make this thread when you're ready to buy and have a solid budget in mind. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit