Are you able to remove the tubing from Corsair H100i GTX/V2, H110i GTX, and H115i?

Go to solution Solved by The Sloth,
1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

That's what I'm worried about haha. This is exactly the reason why I'm asking for. If someone has already tried and the tube is somehow stuck to the cpu block itself then I wouldn't be able to replace the tube and I have have or might not have just ruined a perfectly good AIO.

people get lucky don't push it. 

I know you can remove the tubing and even replace the fitting on any other Corsair Hydro series as you can see the fitting.  However on the  Corsair H100i GTX/V2, H110i GTX, and H115i you can only see the Tubing itself go inside the CPU Block. I was wondering if the tubing from these 4 models can be removed and replaced like every other model on the Corsair Hydro Series lineup.

corsair-cooling-hydro-series-h115i-kompletny-cooler-wodny_1_.jpg

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

please don't unless you know what you are doing.  

I know what I'm doing. The rest of their lineups can do it just by looking at it. I just want to make sure these can bc you cannot know just by looking at it.

51XDyt051LL._SL1000_.jpg

h90_hero_fan.png

2 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

I know what I'm doing. The rest of their lineups can do it just by looking at it. I just want to make sure these can bc you cannot know just by looking at it.

If you know how to open up the block then yes you can remove them.

That's the easy part though, the hard part is putting it back together so it won't leak, that's where you need to know what you're doing.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

51XDyt051LL._SL1000_.jpg

h90_hero_fan.png

it would not be the best idea as factory seal has certain amount of liquid and pressure, unless you can get the exact same as the factory i would not recommend it. 

Just now, RKRiley said:

If you know how to open up the block then yes you can remove them.

That's the easy part though, the hard part is putting it back together so it won't leak, that's where you need to know what you're doing.

I think if OP knew what they were doing they wouldn't have made this thread.

Just now, Kloaked said:

I'd like to believe that, but I've seen far too many threads of people who don't have a clue, asking how to do quite complicated things.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

The 3 CPU Blocks itself have 3 different looks. It is a very straightforward question. 2 of which can be seen from the picture to be easilly swapped out which has been done.

Just now, phongle123 said:

The 3 CPU Blocks itself have 3 different looks. It is a very straightforward question.

if you screw up the aio any way your pc is dead and it will be your fault the company won't stand by a tampered product. if you need to make your own aio look at custom block water cooling. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if you screw up the aio any way your pc is dead and it will be your fault the company won't stand by a tampered product. if you need to make your own aio look at custom block water cooling. 

Perhaps I should clarify what I am trying to do instead. I don't want to remake the AIO, I like the look of this particular CPU Block and want to use it as my CPU Block.

Just now, phongle123 said:

Perhaps I should clarify what I am trying to do instead. I don't want to remake the AIO, I like the look of this particular CPU Block and want to use it as my CPU Block.

if its officially supported then yes if not then no. 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if its officially supported then yes if not then no. 

I've seen other people use the other Corsair Hydro Series CPU Blocks as their cpu block, the only downside is that because it has a pump in there it makes it bigger but it works nonetheless.

I just wanted to make sure that you can replace the tube on the Corsair H100i GTX/V2, H110i GTX, and H115i as the fitting doesnt look like it would allow for Custom Compression Fittings as the tube goes deep inside the CPU Block itself.

I've seen other people use the other Corsair Hydro Series CPU Blocks as their cpu block, the only downside is that because it has a pump in there it makes it bigger but it works nonetheless.

I just wanted to make sure that you can replace the tube on the Corsair H100i GTX/V2, H110i GTX, and H115i as the fitting doesnt look like it would allow for Custom Compression Fittings as the tube goes deep inside the CPU Block itself.

you can try but its a high risk project. 

I don't think that CPU block is meant to be reused. I don't know why you'd want to take apart a $100+ cooler when you can get one from EK or something.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

you can try but its a high risk project. 

That's what I'm worried about haha. This is exactly the reason why I'm asking for. If someone has already tried and the tube is somehow stuck to the cpu block itself then I wouldn't be able to replace the tube and I have have or might not have just ruined a perfectly good AIO.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I'll just have to open up the internals and check it out myself as there have only been teardowns on the H100 and not the H100i GTX/v2. Thanks nerdslayer1!

6 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I don't think that CPU block is meant to be reused. I don't know why you'd want to take apart a $100+ cooler when you can get one from EK or something.

It is a CPU Block nonetheless because they have and can be replaced their compression fittings and it results into a regular cpu block. This guy used his Fractal Design AIO as his CPU block but eventually replaced it for a custom CPU block, but this just shows that is works as a regular cpu block. But the fact being I really like the design of this CPU Block and its RGB.

• 3 years later...
5 hours ago, lastot069 said:

why was everyone so mean and discouraging? Encourage the ideas and push the boundaries!

Yeah holy cow so many responses along the lines of "don't mess with it you might break it and ruin your pc" 

Why are they in the custom cooling subform in the first place?!

Everyone here messes with things, that's what we do!

You never know, OP might have plans to buy dead AIO's and repair them or whatever.