About to buy a G502, have a 2 questions

Virtual01

Gonna make this quick. Looking for a new mouse, currently own a G602 and love it. However the buttons on the side are not ideal and the G502 seems like a much better option in terms of button placement and not needing batteries.

I want to know two things about the G502 before I buy.

First, is that button with the crosshair on it bindable to a key? I noticed is it not a named "G" key (the other buttons on the side are named G4 and G5). If it is purely a DPI switch and nothing else, that's pretty much a dealbreaker as I need at least 3 side buttons.

Second, how is the travel distance of the left and right click buttons? I went to best buy yesterday to test it out and it felt mushier than my G602. I'm not sure if that's because it was abused by customers or not, but it felt cheaper and flimsier than my current 3 year old mouse. I mostly play MOBAs so mashing right click for 40 minutes at a time needs to be easy, effortless, and fast. If any G502 owners can comment on this I would appreciate it, especially if you have also owned a G602.

Thanks!

I have a G402 which is almost the same

The crosshair is bindable via Logitech Gaming Software, just like any other button you see

You can not bind left mouse click, right mouse click and scroll wheel though (thought you might not know)

@ARikozuM has it could answer more

1) The crosshair key can be rebound to any key, with the software.

2) The key feels fine for a fast pace game, have felt no problems during long sessions of Dota2.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You can not bind left mouse click, right mouse click and scroll wheel though (thought you might not know)

Left and right cant be rebound but can be switched. Left vs Right hand feature I guess.

Scroll wheel button (mouse 3) can be rebound, same for scroll left and right.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Yes the corsshair can be bound to other functions. No the buttons are fine, they probably give that mouse to try for every customer so... You can only imagine how many clicks the mouse had.

All buttons, except the left and right clicks, can be customized with LGS. By default the lone left switch is a DPI button accessing the DPI shift you set in software. Every button can have a single or multikey macro or a premade (by you) order of keypresses.

As for the clicks, they don't require much force to activate which is good in nearly every game that you can imagine (I mainly play RTS, horror, and shooters) and they haven't fatigued or worn down in the 2 years that I've owned it. 

There is also a scroll toggle that is purely mechanical, as in not attached to software, that will loose the scroll for a smooth glide. This feature is very nice in strategy games that use massive fields as you can quickly zoom out, drag to the desired location, and then zoom in gradually by locking again. No macros can be assigned to this button.

Below/behind that is the DPI switch. In Logitech Gaming Software, you can set up to five DPI steps for each profile (you can set these profiles for individual games or bunch them together, i.e. one profile for all CoD and one for just BF1, etc.) Allowing you to have a very wide range of on-the-fly changes without Alt+Tabing out of the game. If you're like me, you'll probably set in-game sensitivity to five or ten and yse this feature to fine-tune your speed. Having said that, some games like RTS don't benefit much from DPI change so I set this key to home base.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you, @deXxterlab97, for the mention.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers